The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Skype Game interest?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Skype Game interest? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I can't play for a few more months (I have to finish the capstone for my Masters...)

However, I'd love to get in a game after the new year. However, I am tied up with church and my little girls soccer, so I have limited days to play. Monday is best, Tues & Thur are do able, but not as preferable. Other days I'm a no joy.

I have played C&C over skype (voice only) & maptools, and it works great!!!! One of my friends has started using roll 20 & says it is better than maptools.

Ok that said, if there is a game open, with room for a newbe, I'd love to jump in.

Forgive all spelling errors.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out www.openmeeting.de its what we used when I last played via the internet. Free video conferencing
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:

Check out www.openmeeting.de its what we used when I last played via the internet. Free video conferencing

Funny you mention that. I had to do a report in my last class on it and it's use for collaborative learning settings ... I'm not sure with the band width (i live in RURAL OK) if it would work for me, but it is an option. To bad it would be wonky for mapping etc.

That said, the voice only skype (for free) and maptools (and apparently roll 20, but like I said, I haven't used it so can't say for sure) works great for groups that are spread across the US. I've played with guys in the far NE Canada, across the US and Canada (a guy in New York, me in OK, another in New Mexico, one in central Canada and finally a guy in Washington state

lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok a lot of things have gone on, but now I'm through the worst of it ... That said, is there any interest around here in running a SKYPE based game? If so, do you have room for me?

Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If video-chat gaming is something you are interested in, may I suggest this site?

https://app.roll20.net/sessions/new

It is amazing for online gaming. I've done it a few times and I love it. It uses Google Hangouts and you can choose an avatar for your character, place it on a grid with whatever background you choose. You can send secret notes to the GM and keep character notes. There is a built-in dice rolling program that makes it visible to everyone (not sure if they have a wild-die component yet).

All-around, this program is made for people like us.
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would be interested. After getting a taste from the player's side of the screen at gencon, I am hunting for a game.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in giving this a try. Who's running the game?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Star Wars d6 G+ community there is a weekly pickup game on Saturdays from 1-4PM CST.

Star Wars D6 G+ Community
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109192465386999311385

Star Wars Adventures
https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cmhs3mg6mism553npircroik7uk?authkey=CMqC7ZSN8OmK_QE.[/code]

I do believe the format is to use Google Hangouts to host the game (voice and video if wanted) and play on a Roll20 VTT.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: