The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventure Journals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Adventure Journals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Adventure Journals Reply with quote

I recently read a few short stories in Adventure Journals #12 and 13. I would definitely recommend the Adventure Journals for GMs looking for adventure ideas. They contain short stories that you can use in your adventures. They also contain game stats for the characters, ships, equipment, etc that are in the stories. A brief summary of the stories I read:

Quote:
Side Trip - Bounty Hunter Jodo Kast - often mistaken for the infamous Boba Fett - draws a groups of smugglers and Rebels into the heart of a devious Imperial plot.

Special Ops: Shipjackers takes you along on a wild ride with some Rebel commandos bent on stealing a carefully guarded starship.

Grab your sabacc cards and sit in for a hand with legendary gambler Kinnin Vo-Shay as he tries to win The Last Hand.

Good stuff.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll double that!!! My group only has one (Luckily, with the full line of Astromechs in it, I posted their stats in the Equipment area).

They were a great idea! Too bad WEG couldn't keep it up... Sad

Well, here's hoping Space D6 will give us more fun things to play with!!!
Kabal
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've got the first 7, and used almost every bit of material from those during a 5 year campaign that I ran in the mid 90s.

Man, those were the days. I've recently started a new campaign, and up until the 4th session, we didn't have a single force sensitive in the party (and since the whole premise of the campaign was supposed to be a journey to the force, it really worked out well). And I've had as many deaths in these 4 sessions as I had during the 5 year campaign (5).

Honestly, I'm not trying to kill them, but I have recently aquired one hell of a wild die, which will roll either a 1 or a 6, 9 times out of 10. On the rare occasion, it manages to roll another number. I love my new die.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fortunate enough to lay my hands on all 15 of the published Adventure Journals. They are WONDERFUL sources of information and great stories. If you ever have the opportunity to pick up any more of these books, I highly recommend doing so.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the ones I have:

I love them. I feel like they are the underdogs of the WEG books, underappreciated by a lot of people nowadays.

There are some stuff there like #7's Core Worlds article that looks so inconspicuous and now the article's map has been adapted and used in almost every EU map, even in the d20 books. The bacta article in #5 became the basis for one of the Rogue Squadron novels' major conflicts. Adventure hooks can be found in almost every page and not just in the sidebars marked "Adventure Hooks".

Grab a copy if you can find them in the stores.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the sentiments towards getting the Adventure Journals, and I agree with them. My biggest regret is not having purchased a copy of the holiday issue the times I saw it, especially as it would have been the only one I'd have. But what about getting a hold of issues of the old TOPPS Star Wars Galaxy Magazine? With the exception of issues 1, 2, and 4 I have all issues before they became Star Wars Galaxy Collector and can attest to the fact that their also a must have. At least one article from each is provided for the D6 system, usually providing a story for a potential NPC along with stats. At least two provide adventure ideas and one provides a solo adventure that could be used instead of the one at the beginning of the 2nd Edition, revised and expanded book. Not as much as what's in the Adventure Journals, I'm sure, but it's something. And if I recall correctly without looking, all the articles were sanctioned by West End Games.

Wanted Poster
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool, I'll have to look for those.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a little something to whet the appitite? Here are the short stories and in all my issues and what West End Games material they have.

• Issue 3: Lumiya: Dark Star of the Empire, with NPC stats for both when she was Shira Brie and Lumiya.
  • Issue 5: Double Cross on Ord Mantell, with NPC stats for bounty hunter Cypher Bos and race stats for the Nalrithians.
  • Issue 6: Hunting the Hunters, with NPC stats for bounty hunter Nariss Siv Loqesh.
  • Issue 7: Assignment: Decoy, a Shadows of the Empire related adventure outline.
  • Issue 8: Dark Vendetta, with NPC stats for High Inquisitor Tremayne.
  • Issue 9: Wanderer of Worlds, with NPC stats for Daushoroc and race stats for the Eirraucs.
  • Issue 10: Sandbound on Tatooine, with creature stats for both scurriers and rontos.
  • Issue 11: The Emperor's Trophy, with NPC Stats for Vader which appear to be immediately after his duel with Luke on Cloud City.
  • Issue 12: Priority: X, with NPC stats for Fiolla of Lorrd.
  • Issue 13: Jedi Protector, solitary adventure with PC stats for Jedi Knight Shalavaa.

After they became Star Wars Galaxy Collector in 1998, there was only one concerning West End Games that I can find in any of my issues, and that's on the company itself. Mentions that they put out the AJs on a quarterly basis with info on how much a subscription was and subscription mailing address. Also lists scheduled releases from Oct. '97-April '98. Of course some of them were never released as they filed Chapter 11 before that happened.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: