The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Different Origin Concept for Darth Vader
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Different Origin Concept for Darth Vader Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattMartin23
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Different Origin for Darth Vader Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the comments. Just to clarify, by no means would I remove Anakin being Luke's father. To me that would demean the original trilogy which I have grown to love more and more over the years. No, instead I would argue that the prequel deals with Anakin's anger over the deaths of his Jedi "family". Losing Qui Gonn would was like a father to him at 13 that he'd known since birth, then having Ahsoka die right in front of him unable to save her is much more rewarding to me. This shows that Anakin tried to focus on the Jedi Order and failed to accept letting go. Emotional and impulsive he conceived with Padme, then rejected her love fed up with her constant chastising of Palpatine, a rift that led Padme to become a leader in the earliest cells of resistence against the Empire and for Anakin to turn to the dark side. Keep in mind in my version Anakin has grown up in the temple since birth. Palpatine has influenced him for 22 years, 9 of those after the death of Qui Gon which Palpatine orchestrated to make Anakin vulnerable. So the prequel is the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker based on not being able to let go of relationship losses among the Jedi Order.

The sequel involves Luke's quest to define his place in the universe and draw Anakin back into the light side of the Force. Jedi relationships failed Anakin in the end as he turned to a Sith Lord who fed Anakin's ego and relieved Anakin's fears. The truth is Anakin's passion and drive was unstoppable and only a family member of blood would be able to bring him back. Anakin figured he lost Padme after their last argument and did not care to pursue her. However upon finding out he had a son Vader became obsessed with finding him and having him join him in the Dark Side and rule the galaxy as Father and Son.

Just my take.

Best,

MattM
MattMartin23
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Alternate Darth Vader Origin Reply with quote

Also, in my rewrite Obi Wan took over training Anakin as a duty to Qui Gonn Jinn, keeping the promise he'd made to his old master. Feeling like Obi Wan was more of an older brother than a Master he was not revered by Anakin the way that Qui Gonn was. This encouraged the division as Anakin did not show Obi Wan proper respect as he looked down on Obi Wan feeling he should have been trained by a Jedi Master in the Council not a recently dubbed Jedi Knight. This opinion coupled with a hidden rivalry and competitiveness that the 2 shared led to the disjointed relationship. They loved each other as much as they hated each other, both envious for different reasons.

In short Anakin failed Obi Wan as an apprentice, Obi Wan was unable to fully gather the respect and reverance needed to guide Anakin to become a Jedi Master, and the Council failed to step in and have Yoda, Mace Windu or Ki Adi Mundi step in and take over Anakin's training when Qui Gonn died. Had Yoda taken over his training there might have been a much different outcome. It's an idea for a possible RPG...Hmmm....

Best,
MM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: