The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He nods to Rownn and says "Thank you," then turns to Garolf and says "Currently I have no other mission slated for your teams unique talents. I know they always need good leadership trying to help out at the refugee camps, helping find re-location planets. Someone of your service record could easily be given command of a garrison or a platoon of troopers. You guys could also take some time off while I search for another mission. But I do not have anything specific in mind at the moment, sorry."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited out:
Code:
Having taken the time to learn Shirywook since their battle with the Vong, Zinn leans in toward the translation droid. "I understand him now; if he's just speaking to me, you don't need to translate. But thank you."

Looking at Rownn, he says, "I'm not just talking about me, Rownn. I mean Tiny as well. ESPECIALLY Tiny. I'm not one to 'what if' myself to death, but if the things you are going to teach don't stick, then I'm sure I don't have to tell you how bad that will be for everyone."

His gaze turning more serious, he adds softly, "I'm not being selfish, Rownn. I'm not whining about not being trained. But I am concerned about the possibilities, and rightly so."
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn glances Zinn's way and makes a gesture with two fingers on his right hand, indicating that the topic has shifted, then returns his attention to the others in the briefing.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf nods his understanding to Rownn but doesn't say anything. He'd believed Rownn was turning the mission down on understandable moral reasons and had some agreement with that. The idea of possibly harming New Republic citizens was quite distateful to him. Hijacking a vehicle, breaking in to a building, stealing weapons, these were things he could put up with considering some of the things the Alliance had had to do in order to battle Palpatine's Empire. But running spice or harming innocents he found distateful.

Then a thought occurs to him.

"When this team was first put together we were given the understanding we would be able to pick our own missions," Garolf tells Eckmire. "The one proviso was that every now and again we take on priority order missions. Now I'd say our first two missions were certainly priority order missions. Is this mission to take priority over rescueing New Republic citizens from these scarheads? And just what do you know about this Peace Brigade? Who they are, how they are known to operate, if they traffic in weapons for themselves, are they turning innocents over to the scarheads. Anything you can give us."

(OOC: Here's what Garolf was refering to about picking missions

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=57480#57480

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=57484#57484)

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man nods and says "You can always choose your missions, I just dont have another one prepared at this moment. As for the entry parameters, you are able to define those yourself for this mission, I am simply providing a suggestion. If you have a better way to try to get into the midst I am willing to work with you to make that happen." He pauses for a moment before continuing "It does seem to me that the group could use the time off though, tensions are high and that is usually the case when you have just returned from such a mission. I will endevour to give you guys as much time off as possible before I send you out again."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Limited intelligence reports are inadequete. Detailed intelligence reports are inaccurate. Highly detailed intelligence reports are traps," Garolf says, quoting from Harlsen's Laws of Functional Military Intelligence. He had to learn it when going through officer training, but all SpecForce personnel already knew the basics. "We don't know enough about this Peace Brigade other than it exists, it originally was formed six months ago advocating allying with the scarheads, it's serving as the scarheads eyes and ears in this galaxy, and it probably hates Jedi. What we don't know can harm us. And while this mission may be an intelligence gathering mission, there is still quite a bit that intelligence knows that would be usefull to us.

"As I've already said, we need to know who they are, how they are known to operate, if they traffic in weapons for themselves, and are they turning innocents over to the scarheads."

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt Eckmire says "We dont know much at this point. The organization is still relatively small. We think they tend to operate in smallish cells, but communicate freely among each other. I dont think they are a military organization yet, but they seem to have either communicated with he Vong, or are gearing up to present them with an offer. We know the Yuuzhan Vong have said that handing over the Jedi will result in the Yuuzhan Vong giving mercy to inhabitants of worlds. Personally I think that is a lie to get us to turn on the Jedi Order. But if this Peace Brigade is looking to get in the Yuuzhan Vong's good books, we need to know what people or secrets they are planning to, or have already, handed over. I am hoping I can have a more detailed packet made available to you prior to your departure."

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Palpatine said the same thing during the early years of the Empire when he was making the Order out to be the enemies of freedom. Mercy on his terms and the terms of his Imperials, which were still his terms. These scarheads haven't shown a willingness to show mercy to anyone and those who colaborate with them are just fooling themselves. Prolonging the inevitable."

Garolf think over the new information. He frowns at it, clearly not liking what they've been told.

"We're still operating blind here. If we knew everything about them there would be no purpose to send us in to gather intel on this Peace Brigade, rather the purpose would be gathering intel on their next operation. Which is a part of this mission. Every little thing we know about them helps keep us from getting a surprise that could blow our cover."

Garolf then turns to the rest of the team.

"What do you think, do we try going in on what little we know first or do we try learning a little more about them first before trying to infiltrate them?"

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn considers thoughtfully. "It'd be more preferable to go in with more intel; however, the more time we take, the more time they have to prepare. Perhaps we ought to go in now, sir."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lt responds "It will be some time before your cover will be ready, I am estimating about 1 to 2 months from now before you would be ready to infiltrate. In that time you can do research on the holonet and or news feeds. Our agents will be attempting to find more information about their recruitment process and will hopefully be able to have that information for you when we are ready to move forward."

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We're still looking at a possibility I don't like, that someone we rescued on Dantooine may know who we are and could identify us. And even if that is not possible we just went through an awards ceremony with government diginataries and holorecorders present. That could be quite harmful to us," Garolf states. Then he let's out a sigh. "If there are others on this team who wish to go forward with this mission then I'll do it. I don't feel good about it, but I'll do it."

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Honestly, sir, I'm not real comfortable with the mission as it stands either. I don't like the idea of letting the enemy fortify their position, but I don't see this being successful on available intel...let alone the possible repercussions of being tossed to the Vong, as it were."
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Master Rownn says that the group is quite abnormal in composition, and would be easily identified. This would include the identification of both himself and Jedi Orrallyn as Jedi, which may be compromising to the mission with the Peace Brigade."

"He says that the level of intelligence is understandable and completely appropriate, given the mission profile. If more intelligence were available, the mission would be unnecessary. The mission, as it stands with lacking evidence is important, and its success includes gathering the required intelligence for success, but Master Rownn has reservations based on the ability of this group to gather the intelligence and carry out the mission. His reservations expressed, he is willing to attempt the mission should it be chosen."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn considers for a moment. "Rownn, you and Orrallyn can be disguised; it would be fairly easy to disguise you. We dye your fur, get you some accoutrements, and you'll be just another Wookiee. Orrallyn; well, he'll have to change his outfit. We can get him outfitted as a bounty hunter. Major Kai, though...we would have to get him a helmet that will hide his features. All of us, really, could use that kind of disguise. With or without the 'cover' of being disavowed, we'll want to stay incognito as much as possible."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm a Shistavanen and covered in fur just like Rownn," Garolf points out to Zinn. "My fur can be dyed as well. Lighten my fur, or maybe make it grayer to suggest I am even older than I am. Dye away my blaze so it's not a distinguishing feature or dye more of the fur on my face to blend it in. Maybe an all white muzzle or a a white mask on my face. Why a helmet?"

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: