The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Aliens Crossover into Star Wars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Aliens Crossover into Star Wars Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattMartin23
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Aliens Crossover into Star Wars Reply with quote

I was watching Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection 2 weeks ago and just had a great RPG vision. What if a bounty hunter chases his bounty to a remote world off the grid where colonists were sent there under the guise of industry and instead were abused to become hosts for Aliens? The bounty hunter will be looking for the quarry and be forced to fend off both full grown aliens and facehuggers. The test will be to not become prey while seeking out his prey. I am not thinking about writing this in for my gaming session tonight but maybe 2 sessions from now.

Thoughts?

MM
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an idea a while back for Xenomorphs using the racial templates to generate stats. For instance, a human with standard 3D attributes all around would generate adult xenomorphs with one set of stats, but a Barabel would produce a stronger xenomorph with natural armor. In addition, sentient beings would produce xenomorphs of greater intelligence, while beast hosts would produce more animalistic xenomorphs, and so on and so forth.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago, our group ran a short Alien vs Predator story. It was a TON of fun.
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres link to the D6 holocron's Crossover Aliens and Predators section

http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Aliens_and_Predators

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I your bounty hunter a very advanced character? If not, this could end really quickly...

Complete Starship Construction System
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossovers are also great ways to populate the Unknown Regions and/or Wild Space.

vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our group did a WH40K cross over once that was fun. It was actually pretty seamless, Eldar blending Force alchemy with technology and the Space Marines fairly straight powered armour and blasters with gothic overtones. Mostly it was just that they were all xenophobic psychopaths, in the end the moral of the tale turned out to be our Jedi characters realising their role in the galaxy was preventing it becoming like the galaxy the WH40K characters had come from.

Got some cool items though.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanir wrote:
Our group did a WH40K cross over once that was fun. It was actually pretty seamless, Eldar blending Force alchemy with technology and the Space Marines fairly straight powered armour and blasters with gothic overtones. Mostly it was just that they were all xenophobic psychopaths, in the end the moral of the tale turned out to be our Jedi characters realising their role in the galaxy was preventing it becoming like the galaxy the WH40K characters had come from.

Got some cool items though.

Im running a 40K/Otherspace 1&2 adventure after the next adventure that will be a modified Starfall.... The plan is then to have some 'aliens' (ie genestealers) escape into the SW universe and infiltrating/controlling a moff (the one from Otherspace 2) which will start to build a large scale 'gateway' to let the hiveships through..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which do you find more terrifying; the xenomorph's straightforward parasitic reproduction, or the genestealer's more subtle approach?

ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Which do you find more terrifying; the xenomorph's straightforward parasitic reproduction, or the genestealer's more subtle approach?

Im thinking of using a combination... Genestealers will be able to 'control' other beings by inserting a parasite through the mouth/throat that attaches to the host and controls it. The preferred way of infiltrating is however the 'regular' genestealer way of creating hybrids. This is because when using the direct control the controlling genestealer enters a comatose state.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
crmcneill wrote:

Im thinking of using a combination... Genestealers will be able to 'control' other beings by inserting a parasite through the mouth/throat that attaches to the host and controls it. The preferred way of infiltrating is however the 'regular' genestealer way of creating hybrids. This is because when using the direct control the controlling genestealer enters a comatose state.

Hmm. You could just have the parasite be the basis of the genestealer mind-control in the first place, so that the implanted parasite is what attaches the host/victim to the hive mind.

vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genestealers are more intellectually terrifying, they form a cult and take over planets like a virus whilst the xenomorphs are more identifiable as an independent enemy, working more like a parasitic attack that produces nasty offspring.

Sort of like xenomorphs you could take on with some gritty fighters in good armour with blasters, but genestealers you want serious powered armour and equally serious weaponry, using only elite fighters which doesn't come easily or cheap.

If I sent a Jedi into a nest of xenomorphs I'd expect the Jedi to come out victorious, albeit possibly scarred. If I sent one into a genestealer nest I probably wouldn't expect him coming back.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Aliens Crossover into Star Wars Reply with quote

MattMartin23 wrote:
I was watching Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection 2 weeks ago and just had a great RPG vision. What if a bounty hunter chases his bounty to a remote world off the grid where colonists were sent there under the guise of industry and instead were abused to become hosts for Aliens? The bounty hunter will be looking for the quarry and be forced to fend off both full grown aliens and facehuggers. The test will be to not become prey while seeking out his prey. I am not thinking about writing this in for my gaming session tonight but maybe 2 sessions from now.

Thoughts?

MM

My thoughts? Why would you want to watch Aliens 3? Ever? Wink

Hard core OT, all the way!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien 3 is interesting in that it establishes the idea of aliens deriving physical traits from their hosts. Other than that, I'd rather the series stopped at Aliens, as well.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From reading several of the aliens comics, that 'gene stealing trait' is common for them.. plus it also happened in AVP2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: