The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Trial
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> The Trial Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: The Trial Reply with quote

ooc: I know this is going to drag on, and I dont want it to so I am going to get this started now. This thread takes place a month after the other thread is currently. (awards ceremony)

Garolf is required to participate, and those in the team who wish to help may also participate.

Tiny is finally out of the bacta tank, but not allowed outside his re-enforced cell. Remote viewing equipment has been placed within his cell wall to allow him to communicate with his lawyer during the various meetings. He has been told that damage to this equipment will not be fixed, so if he wishes to continue speaking with lawyer he will not damage it.

The team is gathered into a room with a court appointed lawyer.

"Thank you for coming. I would like to start off by explaining what the process is going to be. Since Tiny was a civilian on a military mission they have decided to decide his fate in a military court. This does not mean much, except that we do have some leeway with his punishment. We would be allowed to attempt to get his punishment down to, essentially, forced military service without pay. His commanding officer will have to offer that as a possibility. The trick is he was on probation when these incidents occurred. He has shown that he has a propensity toward anger, and trying to get him off on probation again will be difficult. The main thing is Tiny will need to show real remorse during the trial. He will be evaluated by a psychologist. But I would like to hear your opinions on the matter as you will all need to give a positive testimony if he is to have a sentence that does not involve going back to jail."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php

Last edited by vong on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny waits in his cell like a good prisoner, occasionally using the fortifications in place of gym equipment when the bordom gets to be too much.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn shuffles slightly in place, figuring that Garolf ought to have the first word, considering he is their commanding officer.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf puts on his newly requisitioned dress uniform, checking to make certain everything is in it's proper place. He thinks back to when he first put one on and how he wanted to find whoever decided you were supposed to wear these for formal occasions. Not exactly something he likes, the by the book types seem to think you're supposed to be dressed in formal attire even when you go into battle. Must look professional at all times, can't even appear dirty in the middle of a light fight. One of the reason he'd always hated them. But a military hearing..... Now that was something different and though he'd been thankful to wear his field gear to the inquiry he'd decided that in this case he needed to show the judges the respect they were deserved, rightly or not. It might make a difference in this case.

He shows up at the room with the appointed lawyer in it and listens to the man talk

"I believe that perhaps there is something in Tiny's past that has lead to this propensity," Garolf says when the lawyer finishes. "I have no idea that it might be, but that's just my thought.

"Look I'm not going to blow smoke here, when we first met I threatened to kill Tiny at the cost of my own life if he harmed Lt. Cailah. All I saw was a prisoner, a large and probably violent prisoner. My thoughts were that Tiny probably enjoyed killing and instilling fear into others. I didn't like that so I automatically formed an opinion of him before I began getting to know him. But once I did my opinion of him changed. And it's because I got to know him that I think that maybe there is something in his past. I don't know, maybe someone molested him as a child or maybe some bullies were always taking his lunch credits when he was in school and the headmaster never punished them for it so he just ended up with a chip on his shoulder. But I think it's possible that given the right influences he might be able to shed that anger.

"Am I the right influence? I doubt it, but there might be those on this team who are. So I'll try to help him because I owe him. And personally I still believe I'm responsible for what he did no matter what the inquiry may have determined."

Wanted Poster
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn attends the proceedings, his burned and shaved fur showing some progress towards returning to normal.

Rownn speaks up when Garolf attempts to shoulder the blame for Tiny's actions, "You need to release your attachment to those events, Major, it will lead you down the wrong path. No, Tiny is responsible for his actions. Ultimately we are all accountable only for what we have done and the choices we make."

Understanding he's speaking out of turn and that to continue is a breach of protocol, he changes to more clearly address the court, rather than the Major directly, "Tiny is responsible for the destruction he wrought on the battle field, and the deaths that brought, and I think he understands that. But, that said, he was not in full control of his actions when it happened. Tiny comes from a species that has natural tendencies towards anger and violence, natural tendencies I understand all too well, but that was not the only issue at play. In the short time I'd known him, Tiny, remarkably, was able to open up to the Force, where once he had been blind to its flow, and this new sight, coupled with his natural tendencies allowed the Dark Side to take hold, however briefly, clouding his judgement and inhibiting his self-control." He takes a breath, "But, in the confusion of his developing connection with the Force, I was able to connect with Tiny briefly, before the battle. This being is not a simple brute, he is capable of more than anger; he seemed to start to develop genuine ties with Hrar and Lt. Cailah, who had both shown him kindness. He showed sadness and remorse for past actions when I approached him, to help him learn to control his anger, to protect him from the compelling call of the Dark Side. I believe there is much good in Tiny, good that he is capable of cultivating if he puts his stubborn mind to it."

Rownn looks directly into the camera feeding to Tiny's cell, "Tiny is dangerous, but he can learn. However, he probably can't without help; he's undergone changes that any of you would be hard pressed to understand and accept, and the threat of darkness is real. But, it's a threat that I understand, and it's a threat that I think I can help him overcome. If Tiny is to be free, I would volunteer to watch over him, to help him, and to teach him to control his anger, and become stronger for it."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiana said "Right, I forgot about Rownn." as she pulls out her comlink "T4, can you come in here" A few minutes later a protocol droid enters the room 'Hello mistriss, how may I be of service' Tianna asks Rownn to repeat himself so the translator droid can convey the message.

ooc: Ankhanu feel free to take control of the translator droid to convey your speeches either verbatim or paraphrased.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC - now's your chance to get some of those Difficult Languages rolls in to work on fluency!! Wink

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiana says "Thats good that you are willing to take responsibility for his training to avoid the darkness" she says once the translator translates what is said "We can use the fact that a standard prison is not suitable for one with Jedi abilities, and he should be sent somewhere where the Jedi can watch over him. What does the Council say about you watching over him Jedi Rownn?" she asks.

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wookiee barks out a clarification, which the droid translates, "Master Rownn would like to clarify that he does not intend to teach Tiny to use the Force and the powers it confers, rather, that he intends to teach Tiny how to deal with the conflict between his species' nature and the wider urgings of the Force, how to find inner peace in and not succumb to dark impulses. He feels that Tiny is not ready to learn to manipulate the Force."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She nods and says "Basically just anger management coupled with Jedi Meditation Techniques, right?" she asks boiling it down to ensure she understands the scope of Rownns suggestion. "At the very least having a Jedi as a jailer will help as you can sense the Dark Side, right?" she asks as a secondary question pops into her mind.

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods, barking an affirmative.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn listens as Rownn describes his impressions of Tiny, and the interactions they've had. Zinn has been studying Shirywook in his downtime, wanting to respect Rownn by not requiring him to repeat himself through, or always have to seek out, a translator so the pilot can understand him. ((OOC: This will be reflected later when we do CP expenditures.)) Nevertheless, he's grateful when a protocol droid is brought in so he can check what he thinks Rownn said versus what the droid relates he has actually said.

When the Jedi mentions teaching Tiny about dealing with his anger and how to properly center his mind via meditation techniques, Zinn resolves to ask later if he might be a part of those lessons. He realizes Rownn won't be teaching how to use the Force, but Zinn reasons that learning to still one's mind might put him in a state where Rownn and Orrallyn feel comfortable about beginning to instruct him in using the Force.

Zinn continues to listen, waiting for an opportunity to present anything he might feel useful. He figures that a major and full-fledged Jedi Knights outrank a lowly sub-lieutenant, so he simply observes for the moment.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If I may," Garolf says, clearly a though in mind. "Tiny lost his right forearm some time ago and had to have a replacement. A mechanical prosthetic which was destroyed in the one of Vong's raids on the base that e were there to repulse. That is when he manifested the Force for the first time. And during the battle he seemed to suddenly have this inky black arm appear. If that's a manifestation of the dark side, then what's to stop him from using it to get that arm back?

"Rownn and Orrallyn would know better than I if this is a good idea, but if he were to have another prosthetic replacement he could use instead of using the dark side to manifest some arm then would that assist in preventing him from falling further to the dark side? Or perhaps there's some cloners around somewhere, see if they couldn't clone a new arm for him. Perhaps he might be thankful enough to get his arm back that he would be more receptive to what Rownn wishes to teach."

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That's a good suggestion, sir," Zinn finally pipes up.

Looking at the counselor, he continues. "Other than him opening up to the dark side in that battle, Tiny has been a helpful member of the team. He was developing friendships, doing what needed to be done, and wasn't scoffing at any of it. I think he would jump at the chance to atone for what he did; I know he wasn't happy as a prisoner, and even though was skeptical at first, he seemed to be warming up to being part of the team. I believe that, with Rownn and Orrallyn around to keep an eye on him, he will beat this. He just needs the powers that be to allow him the chance to do so."
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The translation droid does its job, interpretting the tonal Wookiee language, "Master Rownn says that it is likely that the dark side overcame Tiny, rather than that he actively opened up to it; it may seem a minor point, but it could be important." The Wookiee changes tack a bit, and the droid continues, "He also says that he's never seen anything like the arm that Tiny manifested, though he thinks he has heard tales of such things occurring in the past, but would need much research to look deeper into the validity of the stories and the circumstances surrounding them. In any case, we are dealing with an unique event, likely without legal precedent."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: