The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Zeltron Society and Culture?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Zeltron Society and Culture?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Zeltron Society and Culture? Reply with quote

(This is taken from my post on D6 Online. I'm trying to expand my brain base Smile )

Hello, I've been searching for insight into the Zeltron species, but I've found little more than carbine copies of the wookiepedia article. (here's were the "bit more" than wookiepedia is from: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=123856 No idea as to it's accuracy nor do I agree with all as stated)

I'm running a game that has a Zeltron (NPC) in it, she's a Jedi battle master (NJO) and she feeds off of confidence in battle (I don't want to get too far into her character unless you guys are interested). Eventually I will be involving the PCs with her family and perhaps the home world and I'm trying to figure out strange customs or quirks that would be off putting along with rule of conduct. For example is the instance of being upset against a law or while it might not be law is there an action that has to be taken? Considering the empathic nature of the race it could be considered disorderly to bombard the area with such emotions. Another instance would be a kid drinking an inebriating beverage, considering their society and biology I would think that would be allowed, but might make "civilized" people upset. The safety of the child would probably be enforced by any nearby Zeltron any distress and it would be noticed.

Current thoughts on culture\society.
-Intentional use of emotion to disrupt is equivalent to disturbing the peace.
-Age of maturity is probably loosely defined at around the onset of puberty.
-The crime rate would be low, not zero, due to the empathic nature of the Zeltron. Most likely there would be distress on ether the victim or the criminal and that would raise attention.
-There are sects of Zeltron that embody different aspect of things, the martial, art, scholarly things, etc.
-I'm uncertain as to the extent of warrior pursuits, though there is dialog stating that they can fight, so is there an armed forces that just isn't used?
-From the above site reference it states that the males are subjugated (correction: subservient), I can't think of a reason for this. Does it make sense to anyone else?

Clearly I have a start of my own, but expanding my knowledge and making the race more fleshed out I think would help in the RP experience.

Thanks For Reading, Responding and contributing to my and our research\growth of the partying species!

Update: Grimace from the D6 forum* states that he doesn't think there would be a military force, but a police force. I could see that considering the apparent societal aloofness. And he corrected me on the subjugated status of the males, it's subservient.
* http://www.d6online.com/forum/showthread.php?3613-Zeltron-Society-and-Culture
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Zeltron Society and Culture? Reply with quote

Methedor wrote:
Hello, I've been searching for insight into the Zeltron species, but I've found little more than carbine copies of the wookiepedia article.
Is that a short-barreled copy? Wink

Seriously, though, I've been wishing to increase my Zeltron knowledge base, too. I've built an antagonist called Day Jak, the Zeltron Psychopath, but I want to know more about how Zeltrons should be before I introduce them to how they should not be. In addition to answering Methedor's questions, don't hesitate to post where you're getting your info!

Complete Starship Construction System
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd image a killer Zeltron would have to gain some empathic emotional satisfaction from his\her actions. Maybe enjoying fear?

So an enemy or aggressive Zeltron is a possibility as I understand it. You can also make it rather twisted in your descriptions as the foe can describe what he is feeling from others and the pheromones can project emotions, it's not just used for attraction. Does the person have a background?
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No background yet. Not until I've fleshed out the character a little better, at least. Day Jak will have a complete background eventually, as do all my major characters, but I'm not sure what damaged exploits I want in her past yet...

What I do know is that she doesn't have some traumatic event that set her off or anything like that. She's a sadist, and she chose it and grew into it. She still feels all the pain she causes, and she doesn't like to feel it, but she tolerates it because she does like to harm others. She's motivated purely by selfishness and works as a hired gunslinger.

Kind of like if Doc Holiday were an evil, evil woman... From space.

Complete Starship Construction System
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing about Zeltron culture is it is incredibly sexual. So depending on your game you can use that. They dress very revealing and it seems that most fun and activity is had in physical pleasure. From what I have read they don't really stick with monogamy, and see it as quaint but unrealistic.

At least that is what I get from Zeltrons.
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. My research has shown the same, but that just seems to be the surface of the culture. If we just stick with that, then we have a Ferengi or modern Klingon (as opposed to ST:VI Klingon). I figure there has to be more to the species than that, at least below the surface.

I've listed some of my thoughts in the opening post. Do you have any thoughts? I was thinking that maybe mood enhancer and sensory alteration drugs wouldn't be illegal and perhaps a sub-culture movement that want to ban the drugs on the grounds that it's not as physical.

Again, thank you for the input and normally I'd think that'd be enough, but it just seems too 2-D to me. Haha, though one of my player's character is a bit promiscuous and drinks alot, so she'd probably like it on any version of Zeltros.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was once part of a group that went on a mission to Zeltros. When asked to describe the planet, the GM said "Think Spring Break in Cancun, except that its like that all the time."

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: