The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kel Intro Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Kel Intro Thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel looks around the salesman desk real quick looking for family holo's or girlfriend holo's or pet holo's. He will try to use the information from the surrounding area as well as his skills and wrist computer with his slicing datacard to try and see if he can crack the security on the screen.

Kel will try and block the point of view of as many beings in the office as possible while trying to log in using his wrist computer so they are not aware of his actions.

Kel, in an attempt to delay the return of the young salesman calls out to him.

"While you are up, would you able to provide a bottle of water or fizzygulg? I am a bit parched."

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline kicking in, Kel gets to work with his wrist computer. A quick glance over his shoulder tells Kel he has a minute or two until anyone takes too much notice of him.

From somewhere off to his far right, Kel hears the young salesman's squeaky voice, "Regular or Diet?"

At the same moment, the computer chimes quietly as the username is revealed, leaving only the password to be typed in. As Kel glances quickly around, there really aren't any pictures to speak of. The salesman either has no life or had just started and didn't have time to fill up his office space yet.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel replies
"Diet please"
He then turns a cracking program loose in hopes that he will be able to get a hit. if after a minute he does not he will unhook and return to being the normal enthusiastic customer he is claiming to be.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel is surprised at how quickly he is able to slice the inadequate security system. Within seconds, the password pops up and with another quiet chime, the screen flashes at Kel:

LOGIN SUCCESFUL

Kel sees the Scout Ship in the background, with a list price of 17,500.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel will move on with his initial plan and drop the price to 14,500.
Kel's thought process is that at that price he can put 7,500 down and be able to easily finance the rest at a good rate as most loan require less than 25% down and keep some funds handy, he can always try later on to rework the terms.
Once he is done he will log off and continue to act as he was when he arrived.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel is quickly able to lower the price on the scout ship to 14,500. Grinning in self-satisfaction, Kel unhooks his wrist computer and leans back just seconds before the over-eager salesman returns.

The young man stares at the screen with a grin while handing a bottled soda to Kel. "Sorry man, all out of diet...Hey! You're interested in that sleek little scout ship! That baby will fit you like a glove, let's go take a look!"

The salesman powers down his computer, grabs a datapad and leads Kel out to the shipyard.

Kel endures several minutes of excited chit-chat from the salesman until finally, they arrive at the scout ship, somewhere in the middle of what turned out to be a good-sized lot.

Kel immediately notices that the vessel recently had a new paint job. The bulk of the ship had been given a coat of dark grey, but the yellow striping gleamed nicely in the late afternoon sun. The salesman gives Kel a moment or two before saying with a little too much enthusiasm, "Well, whaddya think?"
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel looks over the exterior giving it a good go around. He responds to the salesman
"Well from the outside she is looking good with what looks like fresh paint, can we take a gander inside as well? as you know a ship is much more than its exterior looks. What more can you tell me about her? do you know how many owners she has had? has there ever been significant structural damage? does she have a leaky hydraulic pump on the landing gear? things like that."

Kel studies the salesman responses to see if he is trying to hide anything.

if everything checks out he will prompt the salesman to start the paperwork.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the salesman responds to Kel's questions, he doesn't seem to be hiding anything. The salesman turns to lower the ramp as he says: "No, this baby's in really good shape. The bank ended up reclaiming the ship due to payments not being met, and I don't think it's been used in months. It's really in great shape." He pauses as the ramp lowers and he motions Kel up to take a look, before continuing, "The only thing against her is that she doesn't have all the bells and whistles that a lot of people are looking for these days. But if you are looking for something fast, reliable and easy on the fuel, this is the ship for you."

Kel gives the ship a good once over and can't really find anything glaringly wrong with the vessel. Behind him, Kel hears the salesman working on his datapad before saying in surprise, "Hmm! And you're in luck. The manager must have just lowered the price on this one too."
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After walking through the ship with the salesman and giving the ship a good once over he will respond with some enthusiasm.
"Well then, I will take her! Lets get the paperwork started. I can put down a sizable down payment, can we check on financing the rest?"

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The salesman excitedly turns on his datapad and begins typing in some preliminary information about the deal. A few minutes later he looks up and says, "How much are you planning to put down?"

(OOC - If you have any other questions or things to bring up in negotiations go ahead, otherwise, my next post will have you on your way.)
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in response to the salesman's question
"I can put down 7500 credits and will need to finance the rest. Here are my credentials for the documents. I expect a full load out of fuel and consumables at no cost to me, or I will be reconsidering this venture."

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirty minutes later, the excited salesman stands up from his desk and shakes Kel's hand. "It was a pleasure to do business with you! The ship should be all ready to go. The boys filled 'er up and she's all yours!" The man hands Kel a file. "Here are all the transponder codes and pertinent information and historical records on the vessel. Your credit transfer went through and we show a payment of 7500 credits down. The remaining balance will be paid down monthly over a period of two years at 4.7% interest. All you need to do is sign here, and you are free to go!"
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a wide eyed grin Kel quickly reviews the document and if everything is in order he will sign. (assuming everything is in order and he signs)

"Thank you good sir! It has been a most pleasurable afternoon. You have have a stellar day!"

Kel will shake his hand and give him a pat on the back and take the documents and codes and head to the ship.

He will do pre-flight checks, warm up the systems, contact control for departure clearance and vector, power up the repulsors kick on the sublights and leave orbit.

Wanted Poster
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kel spends some minutes getting himself familiar with the cockpit and running through the pre-flight checks. Finally, as the night fell on this dusty town, Kel lifted off and had his new ship in the air.

Kel grinned as he headed for the upper atmosphere and put the scout ship through it's paces. The little space craft seemed nimble enough, and definitely was as quick as most vessels Kel could expect to encounter. All considered, Kel nodded in satisfaction with his purchase. The one unkown is how the ship might fare in a dogfight, should things come to that.

Minutes later, Kel was in orbit waiting clearance to leave. With the detail of obtaining a ship squared away, Kel's thoughts return again to the woman in the bar and the rather ambitious job of obtaining lots of Republic weapons in short order.

A quiet 'ping' interrupts his thoughts, telling him that the navicomputer was ready for coordinates to be entered.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As deftly as he can, Kel will plot several jumps in a zig-zag pattern heading out of the system before he plots his final jump to the asteroid field.

After looking the jumps over he will fly outside of the gravity well of the planet and then transition to hyperspace with the goal of completing his mission.

Kel thinks to himslef "Here we go"

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: