The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rebel Requisitions Campaign Journal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Rebel Requisitions Campaign Journal Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, and very Trek. I try to avoid doing anything along the lines of "mind control" when I can help it in my own games. Unless its important to the plot (Like your sutuation) I prefer to give my players/characters free choice to do anything they want, . . . it helps keep me on my toes!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Session #8

Characters present:
Creig, Karre, Sashura

With only the most basic of repairs done to their ship, the characters are sent on an important supply run to a Rebel base. The trip starts with some minor malfunctions on board their ship, but nothing too bad. A full day into their journey, their trip is interrupted as the ship is somehow ripped out of hyperspace, blowing the freshly rebuilt primary hyperdrive in the proccess. While the crew tries to figure out what is going on, they discover a massive asteroid in the middle of the hyperspace lane (The asteroid's gravity was what pulled them back to real space.) While the characters try to figure out how the asteroid came to be in the middle of a hyperspace lane, they are hailed. "This is Captain Darrien Shien of the Blood Harvest. Power down your ship and prepare to be boarded. Failure to comply will be met with violence!" Like any good group of gamers, my crew decided that they would much rather fight the incoming Nebulon-B and the half squadron of Uglies than either comply or try to out maneuver them.

Even heavily out gunned, and with their own ship falling apart at the seams, Creig launches his fighter and the characters engage the pirate fleet. The characters carve through the Uglies with almost no resistance, then move to engage the capital ship. Between my bad rolls, and two incredibly lucky shots from the characters, they are able to disable the engines of the Nebulon-B before making their escape.

With their ship heavily damaged, and only the backup hyperdrive still working, they jump back to hyperspace to finish their journey.

CPs:
Crieg: 7
Karre: 8
Sashura: 7
Unpresent: 7
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Sounds interesting, and very Trek. I try to avoid doing anything along the lines of "mind control" when I can help it in my own games. Unless its important to the plot (Like your sutuation) I prefer to give my players/characters free choice to do anything they want, . . . it helps keep me on my toes!

Completely agree! With this one it was stuff that the PC came up with (he sent me private emails with aggressive ideas on what he wanted to accomplish, including risky and dangerous stuff). This not only allowed me to take ideas and run with them, but I decided to carry this one a bit further (with the whole mind control-type bit), once I got some ideas off that forum.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Session #8: Wow, you really are keeping the pressure on them! I like how you're providing tension the ship continuing to experience trouble (reminiscent of the Falcon in ESB).

My PCs would have likely done the same thing (attempting to fight their way out), though they've impressed me so far a few times by running for it when facing superior forces (something every PC group in Star Wars should learn to do, I think).
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Re: Session #8: Wow, you really are keeping the pressure on them! I like how you're providing tension the ship continuing to experience trouble (reminiscent of the Falcon in ESB).

Yep! It adds a lot of character to the ship, and it keeps the characters on their toes in situations that might stress the ships systems. To top it off, it puts them in a bad financial situation what I plan to take advantage of soon, . . .
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Session #9

Characters present:
Creig, Karre

As the session started, it dosnt take long for the characters to realize that their ship is more heavily damaged than they had originally thought. They drop out of hyperspace to try working on the backup hyperdrive (Which had started to show signs that it wasnt operating properly) and quickly patch it back together. Not feeling safe to finish their journey, they make a jump to a nearby planet in the hopes of getting the repairs they need.

Planet Bio:
Name: Bodobo
Type: Desert
Traffic: Light

After landing on the planet, and getting charged a rediculous summ for one week's docking, they set out, searching local scrapyards for what they need. They finally find the parts that they needed at a scrapyard owned by a Charda Fan lowlife by the name of K'chaka. Unfortunately, the merchant is asking for more money than the characters could ever hope to afford.

The characters try to find a way to pay for the parts, even going so far as to seek a loan at the "First Hutt and Trust Bank" which dosnt work out. Finally, not seeing any other option, the characters return to the merchant to try to work out a deal. Finally, they agree to a deal: 25,000credits (Nearly everything that they have) and they make a trip to the next town to make a delivery for him.

The characters are barely outside of the city limits when a swoop gang attacks, seeming intent on killing the characters specifically. Barely making it out of the situation alive, they characters finish their trip, making their delivery before returning to K'chaka.

K'chaka seems taken back, when the characters return, failing to hide his surprise before thanking them for taking care of his errand. Without enough evidence that K'chaka had tried to have them killed, they decide that they just want to repair their ship and get back out of the system. When they return to their ship, they find several mechanics, already well into the repair work to get the ship up and running again. (Their original agreement was that they would do their own instalation, and since K'chaka didnt seem to be the generous type, it only served to reenforce their impression that they wanted to off them and take their ship.

With their repairs complete, they go to leave the system, they quickly realize that the hyperdrive has been upgraded to a x1. As they prepare to enter hyperspace, they see the pirate Nebulon-B frigate that had damaged their ship in the first place, jump into the system. For once, the characters decide that the better part of valor is to survive and fight another day. They quickly jump to hyperspace before the pirate vessel can react to their presence. The rest of their trip is uneventful, and they return to Corellia in the hopes of some much deserved R&R.

CPs:
Crieg: 5
Karre: 6
Unpresent: 5
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No game update this week. I didnt have a chance to plan for the game this week due to chaos on the home front, as a result, we ended up playing a small game of Battletech instead. I might have been the first player out, but I did a LOT of damage to both of the others on my way out!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Session #10

Characters Present:

Creig, Karre

The characters are tasked with returning to Alderan, or rather the rubble that remains of the once great planet. Once there, they are to locate something that might have survived the planet's destruction. It is rumored that a secret bank vault (The makers claimed it was "indestructible") is floating somewhere in the asteroid field. With a vague idea of what they are looking for, they make their way back to Alderan to start their search, only to find that they arent alone in the system.

Upon arival, the characters discover several starfighter patrols in and around the asteroid field. The fighters are uglies, and the markings suggest that they are part of the pirate fleet they have encountered in the past. As they try to sneak into the asteroid field, they are spotted by enemy fighters, . . .

The rest of the session degenerated into a running battle inside of the asteroid field while the characters employ cloak and dagger style tactics while they take on enemy fighters 2-4 at a time. After destroying at least a dozen enemy fighters, and taking some moderate damage, the characters make their retreat.

Once outside of the system, the characters finally ask the question "why was the pirate fleet there? and were they looking for the same thing they were?" With a little breathing room, the characters begin to plan their return to Alderan, . . .

CPs:
Creig: 4
Karre: 3
Unpresent: 3
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Session #11

Characters Present:

Creig, Karre, Sashura

After their escape, the characters contact their privateer friend, Gorbol Seltel for backup. With some hasty repairs and some much needed reenforcements, the characters return to the Alderan system.

What follows is a massive space battle. By its end, the pirate's fleet is destroyed, nearly to a ship. And the Privateer fleet fares only slightly better. As Captain Seltel works his crews to perform hasty repairs, the characters enter the asteroid field again.

After a short search, the players locate the vault. With a cargo hold full of the loot, the characters return to Corellea to report their success.

For their efforts, Creig is given an X-Wing, and Karre's HT-2200 is given several new upgrades. Several months pass before the next adventure.

CPs:
Creig: 7
Karre: 7
Sashura: 7
Unpresent: 7
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome stuff! So how did you handle the battle of so many ships? Resolve things normally (with individual ships), 'wing it' with a more narrative structure, or do you have some sort of Mass Combat rules?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For mass combat, I tend to have the battle progress however I want it to, with the character(s) affecting what is directly around them. Depending on how the immediate battle goes, it may or may not have ripple effects through the rest of the fight.

We gamed on Sunday, so I'll try to get that posted once I get things caught up in the roleplay threads again.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I like that approach. Nobody at the table wants to sit there while resolving stuff that doesn't directly involve the PCs, and your way also lets them have some influence in the greater battle. 8)
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my boys are becoming increasingly high maintenance during game sessions, we've decided to move on to a simpler game for a while. (Something where distractions arent as big of an issue.)

I have two additional game sessions that I still need to post that wrap up the campaign (The characters took part in both the battle of Hoth, and the battle of the second Death Star.) The most recent taking place earlier today.

I will try to have the last two sessions posted some time this week. And when the twins become a little less distracting, we will likely be slipping back into the story just before the start of the Thrawn trilogy.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Session #12

Characters Present:

Creig, Karre, Quain

The characters find themselves on a supply run to the Rebel Base on Hoth. Upon arrival, they begin to hear some of the Rebels talking about a couple of their own who had gone missing during the evening. In the morning, Creig quickly volunteers to help with the search for the two missing Rebels while the others see to their ship's maintenance.

Once Han and Luke were found alive and brought back to the base, the characters join in the celebration the Rebels hold for finding their friends alive. Afterwards, they decide to stay on for a few days to help where they can.

After about a day of activity, the Empire launches their ground assault on the Rebel Base. The characters helped in the defense, going so far as to fight a running battle inside of the base to help slow the Imperial forces long enough for Han and Chewie to finish their repairs of the Falcon. As the characters exit the facility, they see Han and the crew loading up to make their escape, . . .

With little remaining in the way of support, the characters fight a desperate, evasive battle on their way out of the system.

The session ended with the characters on the medical frigate at the rendezvous point where they were doing what they could to assist with the wounded (This is also where Creig finally manifested his ability to use the Force. His first power was Control Pain as he tried to ease the physical suffering of some of the injured Rebels.)

CPs:
Creig: 10
Karre: 9
Quain: 9
Unpersent: 9

*NOTE* We had one last session that I still need to include in this campaign log. I'll try to post that update later this week.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another awesome summary, Guardian! I really enjoy reading your campaign logs.

Our group is still taking place 2 BBY, but if/when we get to the movie era, I plan on doing something similar. I think the way you had your characters interact at the Battle of Hoth is very much how I'd like to see ours go. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: