The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rebel Requisitions Campaign Journal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Rebel Requisitions Campaign Journal Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm glad someone is enjoying it!

In the Hoth scenario, I wanted the players feel like their characters were there, just off screen during the movies. It was really satisfying when a couple of my players said they went home and watched the movie and said that they felt like their characters had been there. One of the players even swears that he saw an actor in the background for a split second that he claims was his character, . . .

Last weekend, we ran the final story in the campaign. I have my notes setting aside, but havent had time to post it yet. If all goes well, I'll be posting that some time tomorrow.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Session #13

Characters Present:

Creig, Karre, Quain, Waromon

At the beginning of this session, the characters found themselves swept up in the beginning of the second Death Star battle. Since their ship has an excellent cargo capacity, they are held back and given orders to be prepared o provide emergency supply transport during the upcoming battle. Almost as soon as the battle begins, their commanding officer realizes that there is something a little "off" about the Imperial movements, almost as if they arent worried about any Rebels who might escape the battle. The characters are dispatched to discover why this is. It dosnt take them long to realize that the system is not only surrounded by Interdictor Cruisers and a heavy mine field. Thinking fast, the characters use their talents in subterfuge to infiltrate one of the Interdictor Cruisers.

Inside of the Cruiser, the characters set out to find the command codes for the mine field to shut it down. Using their droid, they set off random alarms throughout the ship to keep personnel away from their own movements as they go about their task (And an impressive set of rolls it was!) By the time the characters obtain the codes, the ship's crew have figured out that something is going on and the characters find themselves fighting for their lives as they make their way to the bridge to enter the command codes to disable the mine field. After securing the bridge, the situation further complicates when the character's droid decides to set the ship's self destruct after disabling the mine field.

Not only do the characters now have to fight their way out of a ship full of angry Imperials, but they have to do it before the ships self destruct countdown ends.

Narrowly escaping the doomed Interdictor Cruiser alive, the characters make their escape back to the main fleet, just in time to watch the second Death Star explode.

With the minefield disabled, and the Imperial fleet in disarray, the rebels are able to evacuate heavily damaged ships and their wounded before the Imperials can organize a counterattack where those ships and crew members could become a liability.

This is where we wrapped up our campaign for the time being. Once my twin boys are a little easier to care for/distract during gaming, we will be picking back up around the time of the Thrawn campaign. Until then, Battletech awaits!

CPs:
Creig: 13
Karre: 12
Quain: 12
Waromon: 15
Unpresent: 12
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic summary, and I love how you incorporated elements of the movies, allowing your PCs to feel as if they were actually there (and performing critical missions, too)! 8)
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed the summary.

My big goal in the campaign was to tie the characters to important events in the movies without them actually being the key players from the movies. It was easier than I had expected, and all of the players felt like they had played a big role in the Star Wars universe, even if their characters werent household names, . . . .

The best part is that everyone had a lot of fun, and we are all hoping to start the campaign back up again once my boys arent quite so high maintenance. Heck, if we are lucky, they might even be able to join us if they take an interest!
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great campaign and I really liked one or two ideas.
I find the idea of the Hutt in love with one of th characters genial, with your permission I will use it when the opportunity arises.
The interdictor plot at the battle of Endor is great too...
Really enjoy it thanks!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frandal wrote:
I find the idea of the Hutt in love with one of th characters genial, with your permission I will use it when the opportunity arises.
Really enjoy it thanks!

Glad you liked it. And you are free to use anything you like!

The Hutt storyline is something that I would have liked to follow in more detail, but it just wasnt going to be possible in the current roleplaying environment. When we restart the campaign, I plan to have the hutt give up its life of crime and try moving in with the character (though I know there will be harsh protests.) This will also be around the time the Hutts gender changes, . . . so the character will be dealing with a horny, emotional, delusional, Hutt, . . . .
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Frandal wrote:
Really enjoy it thanks!

Glad you liked it. And you are free to use anything you like!

The Hutt storyline is something that I would have liked to follow in more detail, but it just wasnt going to be possible in the current roleplaying environment. When we restart the campaign, I plan to have the hutt give up its life of crime and try moving in with the character (though I know there will be harsh protests.) This will also be around the time the Hutts gender changes, . . . so the character will be dealing with a horny, emotional, delusional, Hutt, . . . .

Thanks and that's a great idea! Poor Hutt in love nobody understands him, I mean her, or it was him? Wink
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, some of my players say I have a mean and sadistic side at times, but they all tend to agree that I'm fair and the games are never boring, . . .

I'm looking forward to seeing the chaos that ensues when we get around to starting up the campaign again!
Draven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the story. I enjoyed the tie in to the Movies I have done that myself once. Having the characters Droids taken on by stromtroopers looking for R2 D2 and C-3PO. Though that story was in d20 Star Wars. I am planning a new game where my players will be following events from the Star Wars episode 2 and the clone wars both the comics and the cartoon. This will be my first attempt to master D6 Star Wars so I hope it goes well.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the characters droids taken during the events in episode IV is a neat idea. I might have to go with that idea if we ever run another story during that time period, . . .

Good luck with your foray into D6, we'd love to hear how it goes for you and your players!
Draven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will let you know how it goes. It will likely be a week or two before we start
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be looking forward to hearing how it goes! And good luck with the game!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, looking forward to hearing about your adventures, Draven!

And I think I'll borrow that idea as well, as far as having the PCs droids taken (when we get to the time period of ANH, which is a little less than 2 years away for us). Right now their two droids are even a protocol droid and an R-unit astromech! Very Happy
Draven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you guys liked the idea. It was fun they did not even mind after they noticed where they were and why their droids were taken.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to note that - as I prepare for my players to do a modified version of "Mission to Lianna" this weekend - I went back and re-read the relevant parts from this thread. Good stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: