The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

ACT II - The Freedom Fighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> ACT II - The Freedom Fighter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That's fine with me; Nihl, you have the tactical expertise here, so it's your call. I'm going to check on our wounded."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The group hears Nihl respond, "Yes Sir! Shadow, secure the hangar and report back. Salvo, ready yourself at the base of the boarding ramp to provide assistance if needed. Until we know if we are alone or not, stay off the radios." Nihl then turns to Bri'tan and asks, "Is there any chance that droid of yours has any schematics of this ship?"

Moments later, Daryn finds himself in the medbay and sees Needles with a grim look on his face. With a nod he says, "Sir. It's not good, Sir. That run through the asteroid field sure didn't help matters any. I don't know if he's going to make it or not. He needs bacta, not to mention blood transfusions. Trouble with that is, given the little I know about Ubese, I'm not sure any kind of transfusion will be a match. On top of that, I'm not even overly confident of moving him right now." Needles shakes his head and glances back at Lurk to check the levels on the monitor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn nods at the sitrep. "Thanks for looking after him, Needles. Let's see what we can do to stabilize him."

Daryn examines Lurk, calling on the Force for guidance.

((OOC: Concentration, then First Aid))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the sound of the door latches release and the pressurization fog dissipates Shadow walks cautiously down the boarding ramp. His helmet aids with the darkness. As Salvo watches Shadow disappears behind some cargo containers as he continues scouring the docking bay. (OCC- Shadow will move as slowly as necessary to remain incredibly well hidden during his search). He moves until he finds a vantage point where he can see the entire bay from higher up but where he has his back up against a wall or structure to prevent being surprised from behind. He says nothing remaining completely silent during his search, noting open doors or and damage to anything in the bay indicating a fire fight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan glances at Kage, "Not likely, I dragged him out of a scrap heap." With a mental shrug, "Kage, you got any schematics for a Venator?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn does not need the force to see the many external shrapnel wounds that Lurk suffered when the bomb went off. Daryn noticed that Needles had treated most of the larger wounds as best he could. Certainly a stay in a bacta tank could heal those up fairly well.

Surmising that there was more going on with Lurk, Daryn puts his hands gently on Lurk's torso, closes his eyes and calls on the force. While he is not able to pinpoint the problem exactly, Daryn senses that Lurk has internal injuries and internal bleeding.

Back in the cockpit, Kage responds to Bri'tan's question with a rather abrupt raspberry, indicating that he did not have any schematics of a Venator. But a few moments later, a message scrolls across Bri'tan's screen:


PERHAPS IF GIVEN ACCESS TO THE VENATOR'S MAINFRAME I WOULD BE ABLE TO PULL SOME SCHEMATICS


Shadow completes a short circuit around the Greased Nerf, finding no threats within 10 Meters. He begins to fan out, searching for higher ground when he suddenly stops short. Up ahead and to the left under a fighter, Shadow can see a pair of booted feet sticking out from around the landing strut.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn keys the intercom. "Lurk has internal injuries, probably internal bleeding as well. We're going to have to check the cruiser's medbay; he needs a dunk in a bacta tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan looks up from his datapad towards Daryn, "He dosnt have anything like that, but he should be able to pull the deck plans if he has access to the mainframe."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We'll have to make it a top priority anyway; accessing the mainframe will give us the ability to check the entire ship using its sensors, rather than having to physically inspect it. We should be able to access the computer from a port here in the hangar bay; then we'll get schematics and scan results uploaded to Kage, and can move from there to seek out survivors and a (hopefully) working medbay for Lurk."

Keying his comlink, Daryn asks, "shadow? How's it looking?"

Before a reply can come back, an idea occurs to him. "Captain," he says, looking at Bri'tan, "do you think it would be possible to move a bacta tank from the cruiser to your ship? I'm sure we could transport it here using anti-grav sleds or even the Force; but if you have the room for one, it seems a good idea to make happen. Plus, it would be a justifiable battlefield upgrade to your ship that I'm sure the Republic would have no problem making, considering the fact you are currently working as a contractor for the government."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Salvo," Shadow whispers into his comlink for the crew to hear, "I have visual with a possible hostile. I need you to throw your gun up on your shoulder, say loudly that the bay looks all clear, leisurely walk back up the ramp and go and get back into the lower turret." (Assuming he has not been spotted) Shadow changes his path after checking around for other indications of hostiles, and moves around to get a view that would have a chance of seeing more of the being. He will pass the position via datalink or voice to the other clones so Salvo knows where he will be covering. (OOC-Shadow will sneak to the best of his ability at a slow pace, which searching for any other targets).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC: I presume the comlink channel Shadow's using is a party frequency, rather than the private channel that the different clones use to talk solely with their brothers...))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow

Salvo quietly replies, "Roger that." A few seconds later, Shadow hears Salvo give an all clear before loudly walking back up the ramp.

Taking his time, Shadow doubles back and circles around to the other side of the starfighter. He is positive that he has not been spotted, nor did he locate any other possible targets.

Shadow gets into position with his back up against a stack of cargo containers where he reports his position to Salvo. Upon hearing an affirmative from Salvo, Shadow whirls around and raises his weapon into firing position...

...only to lower it quickly. There in front of him, sprawled out on the floor, was a Clone fighter Pilot with two blaster burns in his chest.

Bri'tan
As Bri'tan prioritizes his list of parts, Daryn's question catches his ear: "do you think it would be possible to move a bacta tank from the cruiser to your ship? I'm sure we could transport it here using anti-grav sleds or even the Force; but if you have the room for one, it seems a good idea to make happen. Plus, it would be a justifiable battlefield upgrade to your ship that I'm sure the Republic would have no problem making, considering the fact you are currently working as a contractor for the government."

Daryn
As Daryn waits for a reply from Bri'tan, he is approached by Captain Nihl. "Sir," he says with a nod. "What are your orders? It seems like we have many objectives here and not enough manpower to hit 'em all. Between finding the med bay, figuring out what happened here and scouring this massive ship for hostiles, not to mention keeping an eye on the Bith and figuring out how we're being tracked, we are going to be stretched a little thin."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
((OOC: I presume the comlink channel Shadow's using is a party frequency, rather than the private channel that the different clones use to talk solely with their brothers...))


I presume that as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan pauses, considering the bacta tank, "We've got a big medbay on the Nerf, it might fit." He looks up from his datapad at Daryn, "If it wont fit in the medbay, we can set up a temporary place for it in one of the cargo bays until I can find a better place for it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn nods as he receives the response from Bri'tan, then looks at Nihl. "Good point, Captain. We do have a number of objectives, so we'll prioritize. First priority is, of course, securing the hangar. Not that I have ANY doubts in any of your skills, but we need to back Shadow up and get that hangar secured. Once that's done, we need to find a dataport and computer terminal. I intend either have Kage or myself slice into the system and use the ship's sensors to help us achieve the goal of searching the ship for hostiles, as well as locating the nearest medbay with a bacta tank. As for keeping an eye on Captain Bri'tan here," he adds wryly, "I'm sure he'd probably feel safer on board his own ship. He and Kage have a security system in place that will keep them safe from anyone trying to break into the ship. That would be my recommendation, given that I'm currently unaware of his combat skills. We can split our resources when we return with the bacta tank and supplies needed for repairs, with some of us installing the tank and the others performing the repairs.." He sighs heavily. "I am going to be VERY busy when we get to that stage, since I'm gifted in technical matters. I'm just glad Captain Bri'tan allowed me to install my programming into the ship's systems; I'm going to go ahead and have the ship's sensors scan the hull for tracking devices, which will save us time."

Looking at Bri'tan, he says, "Would you rather have Kage stay on board with you, or do you want to send him with us? He's obviously more likely to follow your commands, as he seems to not like me for some reason, but we have to get through these tasks quickly; if he's not going to listen to me and follow commands, he needs to stay on board. For that matter, what was up with that powered-down mode that happened to him? Is he alright?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0