The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

ACT II - The Freedom Fighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> ACT II - The Freedom Fighter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Power down?" Bri'tan repeats, "I'd been running him too long, he needed a recharge." He seems to think for a second, "Kage, go with Daryn and do what you can to help. And keep your receptors pealed for anything that may be useful that isnt on our shopping list." His attention shifts back to Daryn, "I'll stay on the Nerf and start pulling things apart in preparation of the new parts."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8450

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn nods, looking at the astromech, and wondering how well-behaved it will be. "While we're gone, you should keep that electrified security measure activated, and don't open up unless we comm you." He then looks to Nihl and says, "Let's get our gear and get out there; we've got a lot to do."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The hanger bay is clear, no hostiles are here. The only thing I have found is a clone pilot who has been killed in action. Looks like 2 blasters shots to the chest took him down. I will do a little bit more investigating of his body and then I will move on to clear the hanger entrance closest to the bridge." Shadow sighs as he thinks of what must have happened here that killed the pilot. He lays the pilot down and examines the blaster scars for any sign of what caused them as well as collecting any useful gear he might have (blaster packs, etc.). (OCC - Shadow is looking to discern the type of blaster that may have caused it and possibly the direction of fire. Once the investigation is complete, he will report back via the party line). Shadow then makes his way to the bridge side exit to investigate and clear the way. "Salvo take aim at the bridge entrance to the hanger and cover me. Everyone else, the hanger is clear feel free to disembark when you are ready."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8450

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sounds good, Shadow," Daryn says over the comlink. "No disrespect to your brother, but make sure you grab any useful gear; unfortunately, he won't need it any more. We can see to your brother once we've made sure the ship is secure."

Looking at Nihl, Daryn says, "I'm sorry we can't see to him now, but time is of the essence; otherwise, I'd have us take care of him properly now."

Standing, he adjusts his utility belt and robes. Looking at Kage, he says, "I'll see you on the deck, Kage." He then starts to leave the cockpit. "I'd keep the shock security system on until we return, Captain. Keep an eye on the sensors, and let us know if you pick up anything we should know about."

He then makes his way to the boarding ramp and into the hangar bay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihl nods at Daryn and does not argue about the body of his fallen brother.

Moments later, the ramp lowers and they are on the ground. Kage pauses for a moment, then turns on his spotlight and tootles quietly to himself as he rolls off to find a place to plug in.

As the team assembles at the base of the ramp, Nihl commands quietly, "Omega pattern, set for stun. Move out!"

Shadow kneels over his fallen brother and takes a look at the blaster burns. They are definitely the size of something produced by a blaster rifle. In fact, if Shadow didn't know better, he would say there were from a DC-15 which his brothers had been using for a good chunk of the war. The fire apparently came from the middle of the hangar, but Shadow also figured the pilot could have spun before hitting the ground, making the direction of the fire a little tougher to determine. Shadow picks up a few supplies from the pilot, but notices the pilot wasn't armed.

After a minute or two, Kage somehow managed to bring up the lights somewhat. With Salvo covering the main door, the team quickly scans the area. Shadow had been correct, there were no hostiles. There were, however, more casualties. Now in improved light, the team finds a total of 5 pilots and 8 techs, all dead, and strewn about the hangar. Most of them had been trying to find cover, which made it impossible to spot them in the dark.

As Daryn looks around, he can see blaster burns on the sides of crates and starfighters, indicating that a fire fight had taken place in the hangar.

With anger growing in his heart, Shadow finds himself at the bridge side exit, ready to go. Before he heads out, Nihl comes over the channel, "Everyone hold their positions and wait for my command."

Turning to Daryn, Nihl says as calmly as he can a the moment, "Orders, sir?" Our top most objectives would seem to be the bridge, and the med bay." Daryn can clearly sense the urgency growing in the minds of the Clones around him and he also quickly realizes this ship is too big to cover quickly if they all stay in one group. Nihl waits for Daryn's command. Off to the side, Kage comes rolling up to the group.

Back in the Nerf, Bri'tan finds himself alone with his ship, enjoying the quiet. He is about to flip the switch for the outside security on, but then has a fleeting thought about checking the exterior of the ship for damage before he does so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan cycles the loading ramp door and steps outside of the ship to take a closer look at the exterior of the Greased Nerf. Walking around the ship, he half admires, half inspects the ship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8450

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn looks around the now better-lit hangar. His heart is made heavy by the loss of so much life. Although there are uncounted billions, many of those even among the ranks of the Jedi, to his dismay, who see the clone troopers as nothing more than organic droids, to be used and discarded like tools, Daryn sees each as an individual- wholly human, and worthy of all the rights and privileges of any other sentient being. Seeing all the bodies, Daryn mutters, "We're going to have a lot of work to see to, especially if the rest of the ship is the same as this." He gestures, frustrated, at the scene of death around them. Exhaling a deep breath, he continues. "This ship is too big for us to achieve all our objectives in a timely manner unless we split up. Needles will need some help checking out the medbay; whichever of you is the most technically-minded would be of help in seeing to getting a bacta tank over to the Nerf. The rest of us can go check out the bridge."

Looking around to find Kage, he asks the droid, "Kage? Have you located a functional terminal yet?"

As he awaits Kage's response, Daryn relaxes, taking several deep breaths, and securing his connection to the Force, stretches his senses outward into the cruiser, awaiting notification from the Force as to any impending danger. He draws his lightsaber and looks to the droid for its reply.

((OOC: Concentration, then Danger Sense))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow takes the order from Nihl to hold position in the same way he usually does and stays in the same general vicinity. He continues to search through the exit toward the bridge looking and listening for any signs of movement out the exit or in the distant hallways. When he sees if it is clear he will move out of the exit into the hallway outside the hanger and setup to good position to fire on anyone that enters it ready to fire. He will then heed the order and stay put.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn
Daryn sees Nihl nod and turn to issue orders to his team.

As Daryn turns, he sees Kage rolling slowly in his direction. In response to his question, Kage emits a short series of quiet beeps, followed by a low whistle. From the tone, Daryn gathers that the droid had not yet found a fully functional terminal.

Breathing slowly and deeply, Daryn reaches out with the force. He does not sense any immediate danger, but he feels a chill run through him as he senses a dark cloud hanging over the Republic vessel. Daryn can't help but feel that the dark side recently had a hand in what played out.

Interrupting his thoughts, Nihl comes over and says, "Sir, we are ready to move out as soon as you want to check out the bridge."

Shadow
Shadow opens the main hangar door and sees a hallway leading straight away in front of him, as well as halls leading left and right. Shadow's patience wears a little thin as even in the low lighting, he can see several bodies laying in the hallway in front of him.

Moments later, Nihl approaches and says, "Shadow, the team is splitting up. I need you and Needles to make it to the Medbay ASAP. Gather as much intel as you can.." Nihl pauses for a moment before continuing: "Check in with regular updates and engage any hostiles you may find. Any questions?"

Bri'tan
As Bri'tan makes it down the ramp, he sees the team getting ready to move out. He smiles slightly, knowing that he will be left alone with his ship. Well, mostly alone. He was pretty sure that ornary Ubese was still in the medbay.

As Bri'tan slowly walks around the bottom of the ship, he smiles as he realizes that the odds of him making it through the asteroid field in one piece couldn't have been too high. He notices several dings and dents that were not there before, but all in all, Bri'tan sighs in satisfaction that the lower half of the ship looked really good. But then again, it wasn't the lower half that he was worried about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8450

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn nods at Nihl, then says to the entire team (over comlink if necessary), "Guys, be careful. I'm sensing a great deal of dark side residual energy in this vessel. If you see something out of place...ANYTHING that causes your internal alarm to go off, I need to hear about it. I may have to investigate personally, once we have the bridge locked down. But your safety is paramount; don't take any unnecessary chances."

Looking at Nihl, Daryn says, "Alright, Captain. Let's get to the bridge." With that, he heads for the nearest turbolift.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satisfied with his inspection of the lower portion of the ship, Bri'tan grimaces. Taking a deep breath and adjusting his headstrap binoculars, he glances around the docking bay for either a mobile ramp or a catwalk to gain a better vantage point for the rest of his inspection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn hears several Clones respond, "Yes sir!" which was immediately followed by Nihl's command: "You heard him men, move out!"

Reaching the main door, Daryn sees Shadow and Needles preparing to head one way, while he, Nihl and Salvo head off down the main hall with Kage trailing behind. Daryn's group quickly comes to a halt no more than 20 meters down the hall as they run into a closed blast door, with two dead service techs laying in front of it. The techs apparently did not make it out before the blast doors closed in front of them.


Bri'tan looks around and manages to spot a rolling ladder about half way across the hangar. It looked tall enough to get him up on top of the Nerf.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8450

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn moves out alongside Nihl and Salvo, intent on not sending them into any situation he'd not enter himself.

When he sees the dead techs sprawled before the blast door, Daryn checks the door's control panel to see if it's operational. If not, he'll bypass the controls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a huff, Bri'tan pushes his bulk into motion towards the ladder. Once there, he give the ladder a hasty inspection before dragging it back to the Greased Nerf.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Alright boss, but you call me as soon as you need me to save you guys alright?" Shadow says with a smile that can practically be heard through the mask. He motions to Needles and heads down the path to the left to start the search for the medbay (unless a map has been located by Kage already) with Needles in trail. He moves quickly but quietly and takes cover whenever possible, stopping to listen approaching any new intersection. He also notes the signs on the walls to see if the medbay can be found by that method.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0