The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

ACT II - The Freedom Fighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> ACT II - The Freedom Fighter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Daryn
Daryn notices that the door controls are functional, but they are locked out and require a code cylinder to unlock. Figuring it is easier, Daryn uses his bracer and bypasses the controls. It takes a few minutes, but eventually, Daryn hears a familiar 'hiss' as the door slides open.

Nihl and Salvo flash ahead of him down either side of the hallway. 20 meters ahead, Daryn can see a four-way intersection in the hallway.

Bri'tan
The ladder looks serviceable enough, though as he starts pushing it, the ladder begins squeaking as it lists to the left. If he's not careful, Bri'tan will end up ramming the unwieldy ladder into the Gunship parked just ahead and to the left.

Shadow
Needles allows Shadow to take the lead. The pair of clones had served aboard enough Republic vessels to have a general of idea of where the medbay might be located.

Down at the end of the hallway, Shadow can see a right hand turn. As he travels, Shadow notices a few blaster burn marks on the walls, but does not find anymore downed troopers. Quickly and efficiently, Shadow nears the end of the corridor and the looming right-hand turn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan barely slows, but he does alter his course in an attempt to avoid hitting the gunship on his way back to the Greased Nerf. He only slows significantly if it becomes obvious that he will hit the gunship if he doesn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn smiles beneath his vocalizer mask as the door surrenders to his technical abilities. Knowing things would be going much more quickly with a code cylinder, he keys his comlink. "Gentlemen, keep your eyes peeled for any ranking officers; a code cylinder is going to make this search go much faster..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan
After a few minutes more difficult than they should have been, Bri'tan has the ladder positioned alongside the Nerf. Absently, he wipes his brow, somewhat surprised to find a few beads of sweat had formed there.


Daryn
Salvo nods and Nihl responds, "Aye, sir." Daryn watches and is impressed as Nihl and Salvo move on ahead, securing the hallway. After a moment, Nihl holds up his hand and the two clones come to a stop, securing the intersection. As Daryn nears the spot, Nihl indicates he has no visual on any hostiles.

Arriving at the intersection, Daryn sees a group of Clones scattered about the floor, all down never to get up again. Nihl, with a hint of emotion in his voice nods forward and says, "Turbolifts to the bridge are that way, I believe."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan absently wipes the sweat into his shirt before looking up the ladder. With a heavy sigh, he starts pulling his bulk up the ladder. Once he reaches the top, he begins inspecting the upper portion of the ship in search of any damage. He takes note of any damage and begins mentally prioritizing any necessary repairs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow peeks around the corner to the right after listening for a second, ready to snap his head back if he sees and hostiles or received fire from that direction. He ensures Needles is behind him and ready to back him up if necessary. If he finds no further hostiles they will continue to the next intersection looking for more directions to the medbay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn shakes his head at the massive loss of life. Activating his comlink to the clone troopers he says, "Men, I know it's hard to see your brothers so carelessly dealt with; it weighs upon me as well. I don't yet know the proper Mandolorian customs to be done, but I do plan on seeing to each and every one properly, even if that means calling in a crew of troopers who know what needs to be done. Please make notations of their locations to save time when burial detail begins."

Daryn stores the access code that caused the blast door to open, knowing it might be vital information later. Nodding to Nihl, he replies, "Lead the way, Captain."

Daryn also continues to stretch his senses outward, actively searching for danger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain


Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 937
Location: WI

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


Bri'tan
With a huff, Bri'tan steps off the ladder and onto the top hull of the Greased Nerf. At first glance, nothing seemed out of place, but as Bri'tan gingerly walked toward the middle of the ship, he almost stepped right into a shock-ball sized dent in the hull. Kneeling down for a closer look, Bri'tan does not think the hull was breached. Waving his hand slowly over the dent, he does not feel any air escaping. That being said, he may want to investigate that spot of the hull inside the Nerf.

With a grunt, Bri'tan stands back up and continues his inspection. After several minutes, Bri'tan feels satisfied and is about to head back down the ladder, when he hears the familiar sound of a blast door hissing open.

Shadow
Shadow peeks around the corner and immediately notices a different looking hallway. The lights were almost completely out. Sparks were shooting out of several spots along the wall. Even through his helmet's filter, Shadow could pick up the smell of solvent or coolant or something leaking. If all of that were not conclusive enough, Shadow spied a few more downed troopers indicating an explosion of some sort. Shadow pulls his head back for a moment, and as he does so, he thought he caught some movement out of the corner of his eye. He would have to take a second look to be sure.

As he pulls back, Shadow hears Commander Medalea's voice over his headset: "Men, I know it's hard to see your brothers so carelessly dealt with; it weighs upon me as well. I don't yet know the proper Mandolorian customs to be done, but I do plan on seeing to each and every one properly, even if that means calling in a crew of troopers who know what needs to be done. Please make notations of their locations to save time when burial detail begins."

Daryn
In response to his words, Salvo looks up and responds, "Thank you sir! But first...let's bury whoever did this." With that, Nihl and Salvo take off down the hallway, their pace a little quicker than before.

Shortly the group reaches the turbo lifts. Daryn can see that one of them has been rendered inoperational due to an explosion. The size of the blast would suggest that a few grenades had been used, perhaps against fleeing personnel. Daryn also notices that the controls to the turbolifts have also been locked out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Agreed," Daryn replies to Salvo, following the troopers to the bank of turbolifts. He visibly frowns when he sees all the destruction, clearly not happy about all the death surrounding him. Activating his bracer computer, he tries entering the code he'd gotten previously that opened the blast door. If that doesn't work, he'll begin working again to crack the code.

((OOC: Concentration, then Computer Programming/Repair))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking careful note of the location of the dent, Bri'tan pushes the ladder away from the Greased Nerf before going back inside the bulky freighter. Once inside the hatch, he closes and locks the hatch before activating the passive sensors on the ship. Setting the system to send a message to his datapad if anything approaches the ship, he then goes in search of where the Nerf had been struck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow instinctively returns his eyes to the position he thought he saw movement, and searches for any sign of hostiles. He does it smoothly and slowly as to not alert whatever may be around the corner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0