The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Character and gaming environment discussion (OOC)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Origins of the Jedi - vanir -> Character and gaming environment discussion (OOC) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok!

Finally renamed the specialization to only Sword, went with Equipment Suggestion 2, but added the "custom faceplate breathmask works in conjunction with the Camo Armor" (if that is ok with you). Also removed the magnification scope for the Sniper Rifle (it wouldn't help my char either way and might even be in the way ^^).

Also switched Accelerated Healing with Enhance Attribute to keep Burst of Speed (of course I had to miss the required powers entry for Burst of Speed Razz).

Regarding Ashlan Swordsmanship with normal Swords: Thats exactly how I thought it would work, if it worked at all Smile

Thanks for the help Very Happy

So, if everything is fine, then I guess my Character is now truly "completed"?
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeedy yes Smile good job.
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful Smile

Just two more questions before I can start posting in the prologue thread:

1. Would it be "normal" that this is not the first time that our characters have traveled using carbon-freeze?

2. Since Miraluka are blind and see through the force, they probably wouldn't have to adjust to the light after awakening from carbon-freeze... but would they still see a little blurry because they need to have at least a little concentration for their sight or is it rather automatic (so no blurry sight at all, only hungry)?
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the technology is so new and native to Koros, residents of Tython generally rely upon starships from Koros for starship travel, which means it is unlikely any of the Ashla PCs have ever travelled in carbonite pods before.
There are exploration-survey ships from Koros scouting throughout the region which periodically visit Tython specifically for the purpose of offering passenger berthings...for a handsome fee of course.

The provisional government and monarchy of Koros are both willing to pay the lionshare of these journeys when Ashla are being transported, because of the tremendous value your mystical order is proving to be for anyone considered a friend to the enclaves.
The Ashla Masters have been giving instructions to their students to take part in the exodus from Tython to the rest of the galaxy, as they are needed to help civilise the wilderness regions and preserve the colonies from any new alien threats.

The Masters realise the best way to do this is to play ball with the Koros government and send Ashla to them for missions, through which their passage into the rest of the galaxy is assured and paid for.
Thus when the Ashla PCs boarded the Koros exploration ship at Tython (which you are now upon), they did so with an invitation from the Koros government and instructions to report to the Iron Citadel at Cinnagar City.

With your Miraluka vision, it is completely unaffected by the carbonite pod. Only normal vision is affected (for a length of time proportionate with time spent in hibernation). On long journeys other PCs will be blinded for a short time after reviving but your Miraluka will see fine. This could be extremely useful in an emergency crew revival in deepspace...

Tell you a little trick though, Ashla PCs who used hibernation trance will recover more quickly anyway and lack most of the symptoms of hibernation sickness, and those with accelerate healing/resist stun can recover immediately with an easy to moderate roll depending on the severity of the illness (worst hibernation-sickness effects after years of in a pod is double-wounded, usually you're just stunned/groggy with spotty vision and discomfort that effectively lasts until you've had something to eat and drink and get your bearings).
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I was wondering about. How well do our characters know each other at this point? Have we trained together and/or been traveling together for any period of time (Not including the time we have been frozen in pods together.) Or are we strangers to one another? I'm just wondering because it will have bearing on how my character would act around the others. Does he greet them by name? Share stories of their past together? Or does he introduce himself when he sees the others? That kind of thing.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the "novelist" way I chose to introduce the setting for the PCs to create a little suspense and drama, we'll say they're from different enclaves and/or communities, boarding the Starjumper was a bit rushed, they saw each other for the first time there (but have probably seen each other around at major cities/enclaves on Tython as part of a group, as bystanders in passing).

They were rushed by the ship Captain who was working to a tight schedule, may have made cursory introductions but no time to chat and commit names to memory without things like Short-term Memory Enhancement (Force power which can be used for all sorts of off screen background details at PC choice).

Wink
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fair enough!
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even so we haven't really met prior to this mission, we do now that we're send on the same mission, right?
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and while I'm at it:

What do WE know about the Mission?

As far as I remember, the only thing that was said is that the planetary administration of Koros recurited us thorugh the enclaves to help them on some mission to establish a trade route between Koros and Notron.

Is that also everything that was said to us?
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. Your first chance to chat with each other is really as we're arriving in Koros, after getting out of the hibernation pods.
Our instructions are simply to report to the government at Koros Major. Our ship Captain will provide further briefing before we dock at Cinnagar Command space station.
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sounds good Smile
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Mazael only talking to Sammel or to us all in general? And if he only talked to Sammel, did I hear that as well?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was talking to all of us, he was standing right beside Sammel, and Aaron was right beside him when he spoke, so I suspect that we all heard him.
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I initially thought as well but it sounded like he was answering to your thoughts about looking at the Bounty ^^

But I might just got that wrong ^^
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I picked up on that too. But he DID talk normally just a couple of feet away from Aaron, so I cant see any reason why he wouldnt have heard everything that was said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Origins of the Jedi - vanir All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: