The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventure Prologue: Gameworld Introduction
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Origins of the Jedi - vanir -> Adventure Prologue: Gameworld Introduction Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, if we get the chance to catch him, then by all means we should use that opportunity. Nonetheless, we may have an advantage over ordinary people, but as you said, we're not invincible and we don't even know if that Rolok guy is working alone or not... might as well have a whole gang or something like that."

"But yeah, finding informations first ist the right course I'd say."
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel lets his mind wander into the depths of the Force as he visualizes the name of 'Rolok Tal, wanted assassin and illegal bounty hunter' and unexpectedly, perhaps incredibly, over the course of a minute he begins to form an abstract concept of him, barely out of reach. He is a human and close, not close enough to track but he is definitely within the system, possibly aboard the space station. And he is severely injured...but it is a strange sensation. He is injured and yet he is not, perhaps he is undergoing medical treatment at this very moment. But as Sammel tries to stretch his thoughts further to discover more about him and zero on his location, the image fades back among the living Force, imperceptable among the other teeming life and sentients surrounding him.

Mazael replies, "Yes let's walk around and find a sleazy looking cantina and ask about him. Or see what one of these prostitutes can tell us."
He points to some the transients hanging around the information portals accosting pedestrians.

"Personally I hope he has friends. That would be fun," he smiles.

In the background there is a holographic advertisement for a stripper show at a cantina called the Glowing Veil, followed by another for scope modifications at Gorvon's Gun Shop.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel looks at Mazael for a long moment, "It seems your faith in my gift is more justified than I realized. I cant tell exactly where he is, but he's most likely on this station since I can sense him at all," He turns his attention to Aaron, "I get the impression that he is hurt, and most likely undergoing some kind of medical treatment. With or without friends, an injured quarry has the potential to be more dangerous." A broad grin suddenly splits his features, "But thats what we keep a little muscle around for." He glances at Mazael, humor in his eyes as he says it.

Sammel's expression turns serious again as he continues, "Maybe we should start with local law enforcement? They might be able to give us information on any known associates or local haunts he frequents." Using the Force, he enhances his senses (Sense 4D, Magnify Senses.) before taking in his surroundings again, looking for either law enforcement personelle, or a secutiry office in the area.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{OOC - I was as surprised as you, the Life Sense roll was 3 sixes including the lucky which rerolled high, coming within a few points of the total difficulty to simply say "Oh he's right in this spot let's go get him", I almost spurt my coffee all over the keyboard but went with it, can't argue with the dice...it should've taken around 6-7D Sense to do that...I do warn that I'm just as accepting when I roll low but PCs always get a fair shake from my honesty with the dice}

Mazael gives Sammel a surprised look.
"Indeed you are far more powerful than I'd guessed. Forgive my earlier rudeness, I'd thought you were a mere student."
He then looks at Aaron.
"Aaron, if you're skilled with that sword and rifle we're going to need you watching our backs. Keep Sammel here protected."

The trio begins walking into the entertainment/accommodations district of the starport, thousands of square metres of malls, shopfronts, cantinas and hotels.

Sammel magnifies his senses with the Force, turning his eyes into virtual binoculars, his ears into sensitive microphones as he looks hundreds of metres along criss-crossing walk-paths amid the light structures and milling people within the expanse of the gigantic habitat section. {OOC - Sammel presently enjoys a +3D circumstantial Search bonus for 3 rounds without MAP penalty for the second 2, and spends 15 seconds scanning the distances, rinse and repeat as often as he wants to}

Some forty metres away there are two station security officers handing out a fine to some transients for unlawful spruiking. He can hear them speaking as clearly as if he were standing right beside them. The spruiker is trying to sell illegally marked Sabacc cards and stolen chronos to passers-by, the security officers are confiscating his goods and handing him a fine for illegal trading, amid colourful protest.

Sammel turns his head and sees a Bounties office 150 metres down one walking path, between a small cantina and an armaments shop. There is a market stall and a few locals hanging around outside them.

Turning his head again he sees the far side of the habitat almost half a kilometre away, there is a turbolift bank with signs marked for station administration offices, local security and the military detachment. Some of the turbolifts are locked out and require a passkey to access.

Aaron feels a tug on his sleeve and turns to see a robed, dwarfish humanoid, very solidly built but diminutive in stature and barely chest height. He speaks galactic basic with a very thick accent.
"Yur derr, yur buy to me some Vulpterene glow-root? Is good price, very big drunk!" he grins, drawing from within the folds of his robe a large vial with a glowing moss within it.
"Fifty credits," he says flatly, "Is good price!"
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Medical treatment, huh? If that's the case, we should also check the hospital here. Maybe he got some friends among the Doctors there who would help him without making a fuss. You never know."

"Well, I'm certainly not gonna stand idle by watching you guys getting beaten to death or something like that."

"Vulpterene glow-root?" Aaron looks at the person.

{Knowledge 2D. Does Aaron know something about those Vulpterene glow-roots or whatever they're really called? And/or does he know anything about that person or rather about the race of that Person? (maybe a Jawa, but thats just me guessing ^ ^)}

{Should Aaron get the feeling that he has heared something about either the root or the person/the race of the person, but can't quite remember, he would concentrate on that and try to focus his thoughts on his memorys about them. Meaning Concentration + Knowledge. Should he know nothing about them, he will just wait for a reply from the little person without the whole Concentration thing}
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Aaron is from the Deep Core he does vaguely recognise the alien as a Deep Core species, uncommonly encountered but around, known as a Khommite but he knows little about them other than their size is misleading, Khommites often have very high attribute averages and can be very tough little opponents. They have been appearing around major starports in recent years since interstellar travel has become more accessible.
He doesn't know anything about Vulpterene glow-root. The Force power Concentration is limited with Knowledge and some Technical skills because it cannot help with information you have not been exposed to. Powers like Post-Cognition or Shift Senses can help better with identifying unknown items, by visualising where it's been or examining its chemical composition, but in both cases other skills maybe required to interpret the results. With natural drugs chemical biology and advanced medical knowledge are best.
Or he could take the drug and find out what it does that way Very Happy

Mazael nods towards Aaron.
"I agree. Whilst we ask around to find out more about this assassin we should also ask about where someone like him might go for medical treatment. Somebody has to know something. We should get underway..."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving Mazael a wry smile, "Now you do give me too much credit. I was only able to see him for a moment before I lost him again." Sammel takes a deep breath, mentally taking note of where the Bounty Office is and adjusting his course through the space station to go there, "None of us are students any longer. We've been chosen to come here because we were deemed to be ready for the trials ahead." Then, almost as an afterthought, he adds, "And I dont need a babysetter. I can take care of myself, and I know how to stay out of the worst of the fighting."

Gesturing towards the Bounty Office, "Looks like we've got a Bounty Office and a cantina a head. We can probably ask about any less than reputable doctors who might be willing to treat a fugitive while we are there"
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron looks down to the Khommite, showing a faint smile.

"I'm sorry, but right now I'm not interested in any Vulpterene glow-roots. But I hope you may find someone who is interested with them. Good day." Aaron is nodding his head lightly to the Khommite, then pays attention to Sammel and Mazael again.

"We probably should start at the Bounty Office together then. They might have some kind of visuals of that Rolok Tal. If we don't know how he looks like, we might as well just gonna walk past him without realizing. And the more we know about him, the easier it should be to find or even sense him."

{Just to (hopefully) clarify: I didn't want to "know more than I know". It's just that, in the case that Aaron could/should know something, but doesn't remember it, he would try to focus on that in order to remember it. If he doesn't get the feeling that he knows anything about that, he wouldn't even attempt to concentrate on that... dunno if that clarified what I meant ^^}
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel glances at Aaron, "Agreed, having a visual and some more details about him will make it much easier for us to locate him."
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trio heads towards the bounties office, past a few bystanders arguing over whether repulsor engines are faster than combustion engines, past a very elegant, strikingly beautiful woman in silk robes, with bodyguards who appears fascinated by Aaron's blindness despite having a sword at his belt and rifle over his back. She ignores Sammel and Mazael but curiously watches Aaron as we walk by her, with a pleasant expression on her face.

"Oh that'd be right," Mazael comments, "The disabled one gets the women, what am I here a bantha steak? And she's a vegetarian." He rolls his eyes with his entendre.

They continue past a stall selling liquors and prepared snacks, to the bounties office next to the cantina. A tall man with long hair and several firearms is exiting and doesn't give us much notice as we walk past him and go inside.
The interior is divided into two sections, one is a seated area where some bounty hunters are drinking and playing sabacc, behind them on the wall are stuffed creature-heads mounted, staring mutely and lifeless. The other section has a desk/bar with a data portal and a staff member, a middle aged, scarred ex-hunter. He regards the trio as we enter and stroll over towards him.

Some flatscreens nearby show local bounties posted, upon one of which is Rolok Tal's image and 17,000 credit bounty for capture. He is cyborged, part of his face is fleshless with gleaming alloy machinery instead of bone and one eye robotic. His image alone is very intimidating.

The old hunter notices our interest in Tal's image and chuckles.
"You'll want to watch out for that one. He's killed four hunters so far."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{OOC/GM - Very Happy no prob, this post has been edited/deleted to prevent confusion - GM }
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC: That's a MY bad, not yours. In reading quickly to catch up, I missed that part. I'll edit below.))
Jedi Skyler wrote:
{OOC - Due to some confusion about Jaxson being NPC'd by me as "a robed Ashla with a manservant" before his PC introduction, this post is going to be edited by Skyler as entering the starport with us but in the background as an NPC, it is not in gameplay yet, my apolegies to Jedi Skyler for not having explained properly before he posted his PC introduction}

Jaxson walks around the open market area, taking in the sights. He walks tall and confidently, looking around in all directions, alert for any possible threats. Kreed has, out of necessity, been wary all his life; now that he's undergone training with the Ashla, his ability to be aware of his surroundings has grown exponentially. Even though he still has so much to learn, he has gained an advantage over most beings around him...

((OOC: Concentration, then Danger Sense))
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When walking past the woman, Aaron looks in her direction with a friendly smile and a faint bow. When, hopefully, out of earshot of her, he answers Mazale.

"Yes, you're the dry and tough bantha steak, and I'm the fresh and exotic fruit." Aaron, once again, makes a mischivous smile. "But you should know that I'm not 'disabled'. I just see in a different way then you.

Looking at Rolok Tal's bountie, he says "There we have our answer. More then double for capturing him." Directed at the old hunter who talked to them, he says "Well, then it's time to make sure that there won't be a fifth, wouldn't you agree?"
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{OOC - Concentration enhances a single action event and Danger Sense is a power that is "kept up" so one outlives the other and the +4D bonus cannot apply; what you can do is use the "take five" optional rule where the base difficulty of a task like raising Danger Sense is lowered by one level by spending extra time preparing and activating that power, instead of an action you take one full round to activate, taking no other actions that round and difficulty is lowered from moderate to easy, or spend a full minute to lower it two levels to very easy, this applies to any Force power that you have so some difficult powers at low Force skill dice are still usable outside of combat, but it does not apply to difficulty modifiers like proximity/relationship and of course doesn't help in combat when you need to activate powers on demand}

As the trio of Ashla enter the bounties office, Jaxson Kreed, one of the other Ashla which travelled aboard The Starjumper is walking around the entertainment/accommodations district of the expansive space station barely two hundred metres distant, his manservant Tirith Komorran in tow behind him, carrying his bags. He is taking in his own sights, strolling along the fashionable silver-boulevard where the best (and most expensive) equipment stores, eateries, hotels and booking offices are located, gradually making his way into the market district and their stalls as he loses interest and becomes curious as to what the other Ashla are doing.

During this time Jaxson clears his mind and preparedly extends his senses around him through the Force, slowing to a gentle gait for some five seconds as he mentally revisits his training, meters his breathing in the manner he was shown and enters a meditative state of heightened awareness. Shortly satisfied with his success he continues window shopping, retaining his meditative state as he walks.

He continues among the stalls towards the direction the other Ashla walked, still curious as to what they're up to. His manservant, Tirith is in good physical shape and has no problem keeping up whilst carrying his luggage.

"Sir," Tirith interrupts Jaxson's thoughts, "Would you like me to hire a hovercart for you to ride upon?"
He is referring to some small station vehicles used to move cargo around the starport, some use them as personal carriages.

======================================

Within the bounties office Aaron is speaking with the old hunter that runs the place, who replies to him,

"Well I surely do agree. So I take it you'll be applying for this bounty. You do realize Tal was one of us, he knows hunter tactics and knows what to expect."
The old hunter rubs a stubbled chin.
"I suspect that's how he dispatched the four before you. Still, hunters usually operate alone, what are you, some sort of guild? You do have licensing to operate in the system?"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Not at the moment, Tirith; I'm rather enjoying the walk. However, keep that in mind; I am thinking we might do some equipping once we've met up with the others, so the hovercart may come in handy."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Origins of the Jedi - vanir All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: