The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventure Prologue: Gameworld Introduction
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Origins of the Jedi - vanir -> Adventure Prologue: Gameworld Introduction Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, it probably won't be that easy, but with your abilities, who knows?"

Directed to Jaxson again, he says "And there is an image of him in the bounty office, so it might be good if you first go in there and take a look. Would be best if everybody can recognize him. Then we can all go to find that hack surgeon."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8450

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaxson nods. "Astute observation. I'll be quick."

Jaxson purposefully enters the office, quickly taking stock of the interior and going directly to the clerk inside.

When he has the being's attention, Jaxson nods his head and says, "Greetings. I am Jaxson Kreed; I'll be joining the two individuals who just took the bounty on some dangerous criminal who is reportedly currently undergoing surgery. I would appreciate the opportunity to get a look at him before we depart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vanir
Jedi


Joined: 11 May 2011
Posts: 793

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{OOC - note that until instructed otherwise I will assume Jaxson maintains his Danger Sense, if actually performing a skill whilst it is up he will be at -1D MAP}

Whilst Jaxson is still standing next to Thorn he replies, "Varagat's here has some good armour, I've been buying from here forever. I used to be an Assault Marine you know. Tell him you're a friend of Thorn Garael and you want to see the special equipment, tell him you're working for the Koros government. He's got Cinnagar warsuits, best light armour in the galaxy. If you've got the credits he's even got heavy suits from that civil war on Notron a few years ago, pure durasteel, it'll turn a pulsewave cannon."

He grins, "I'm saving for the latest Flex-armour...as soon as I pay some debts. New plasteel design, very advanced. Only a handful of worlds can make these, you won't see them on any backwater planet. Just the thing to resist alien weapons."


When Sammel is explaining their lead on the bounty to Jaxson, Mazael interjects.
"You know when you used the Force to sense the life of this criminal, the impression that he was injured might've been due to his cyborging. I believe the Force signature of a person with a wounded lung and having a cyborged lung would be the same, I think we should assume he is dangerous and mobile even if he seemed wounded or incapacitated through the Force. We should be on guard...if you ask me one of the things that makes cyborgs so dangerous is that as a natural living creature they already start off like a wounded animal, imagine the feeling of having your body part machine and pieces missing, that'd put me a in a permanent bad mood."

"Either way if we can find this cybersurgeon we'll be one step closer. But it'd be an insane piece of luck if he was actually there when we walk in."


Jaxson ducks into the bounties office and sees the flatscreens above the counter with bounties posted on them. He greets the old hunter staffing the place and asks him about Rolok Tal, who motions to one of the flatscreens above.
Upon it is the 17,000 credit bounty on Rolok Tal and an image of an angry looking human with a good chunk of flesh from his face missing, revealing gleaming cyborging underneath, including one mechanical eye with a bright red lense. His appearance is very intimidating, impossible to misidentify him if he saw him on the street.

"You young fellers are probably going to get killed chasing this guy," the old hunter chuckles. "But he is giving our profession a bad name, he does need to be brought in."


Satisfied, Jaxson steps back out and rejoins the others.
"Alright, let's head to the shipyards and find some cantinas," Mazael grins, rubbing his hands with anticipation.

The four Ashla and an Arkanian-Offshoot begin walking across the market, towards the far end of the starport and its shipyards.
Across the way, the beast handlers Jaxson saw earlier seem to be having trouble with one of their animals. A powerful looking, wolflike creature with a gigantic maw of razor sharp teeth is running around inside its cage, slamming its body against the bars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning his attention to Mazael, "I couldnt agree more. Injured or not, he's going to be dangerous." Sammel checks his bearings to figure out which way the shipyards are in, then makes sure that everyone is ready to go before setting out in that direction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vanir
Jedi


Joined: 11 May 2011
Posts: 793

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The party moves off amid the distant howling of some frantic beast in its cage some 30 metres away. The creature's behaviour has gone from agitated to outright psychotic and it slams itself against its cage with unbridled fury.
Its handlers get a shock of genuine fear and yelp as they backpeddle away from the caged monster.
The creature looks directly across the market at the Ashla with glowing red eyes, snapping its huge jaws and gleaming teeth, as if it's been specifically trained just to attack them. It goes beyond rage, clawing and biting at the cage door and finally thrusts itself against it with such fury it tears the alloy bars right from their mounting points and leaps free.
It crouches and snarls at the Ashla.


All the Ashla sense a disturbance in the Force when the creature stares at them.

Jaxson is suddenly aware via preturbations in the Force, due to his Danger Sense that the creature is going to bolt directly towards them and he will be viciously attacked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Mazael, he says "That makes sense. Wouldn't have thought of that. Why would someone do something like that, I wonder. Well at least on purpose, but well, we'll see."


Aaron, when seeing the creature tearing through the alloy bars, takes the Rifle from his back while trying to get behind Mazael in order to make Mazael stand between Aaron dn the creature.


{I assume that my Rifle is not yet loaded. I personally don't think that we would walk around here with loaded weapons (we have the Swords if there is no time ^^) but I'll leave that up to you to decide about what the normal behaviour would be here.
And I quess that we don't need Danger Sense in order to realize that this creature is going to attack us, with it starring at us with rage and so on?}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel stops dead in his tracks as he feels the disturbance in the Force. Without thought, he reaches for his sidearm. "Run! Clear the area!" He yells to the people nearby, hoping to get them out of harms way. (Sense 4D: Combat sense. Then Dodge 5D+1 first, Firearms:Pistols 5D+1 second, as needed. When/if it gets close, Sammel will trade the sidearm for his throwing knives.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8450

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping his voice low, Jaxson warns the others, "That beast seems like it is either trained or innately able to sense Force-users; it is going to attack momentarily."

As he speaks, Kreed shifts his focus in the Force; drawing his Ashla longsword, he prepares himself for combat.

((OOC: Dropping Danger Sense, raising Ashla Swordsmanship))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vanir
Jedi


Joined: 11 May 2011
Posts: 793

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{OOC - bear with me as I wing it running combat in PbP...I may have to do the first one or two with TMI describing some of the game mechanics being applied...also note that I've adjusted character sheets in completed characters thread so that all those who did not have 2 FP and 5 CP starting values now do}

The black furred, wolflike creature unhesitantly darts directly towards the Ashla, its powerful legs easily bounding the 30 metres distance within a few leaps, the saliva frothing from its huge, snapping jaws, its red eyes furrowed with aggression. It is quick, bouncing and bounding across stalls and bystanders for traction to get at the Ashla, there is barely time to react. In its natural habitat its prey would probably not even see it coming.

Jaxson, due to his Danger Sense gains precious seconds for preparation and is already refocusing his connection to the Force, drawing his ashla weapon.
Jaxson knows he has time, not much but enough. He fights the urge to panic as the creature bolts at them and concentrates his breathing, spending a full round to bring himself into the correct frame of mind for Ashla Swordsmanship. The alloy blade glows in a silvery blue haze just as the creature is upon the party and Jaxson is ready to act. He may declare actions as he sees fit for the proceeding round.


Sammel draws his sidearm (1, weapon draw) and waves an arm, shouting for the innocent bystanders to clear the area (2, command skill, MAP-1D, 1 character point bonus held in suspension until CP awards later).
For the round of activation Combat Sense does have a MAP penalty (it has no MAP penalty for the following 10 rounds), there is no time to spend a full round to activate and his first response is clearing the combat area of bystanders, so to prevent an unlikely activation roll at -2D MAP, I will go with the intention to activate Combat Sense and an action defensive/attack declaration the following round. Sammel's shouts are thus very effective, with a 15 rolled for Command and bystanders immediately duck for cover, this chivalrous act resulting in the character point bonus to be awarded later.
But the creature bounds the distance at far greater speed than Sammel thought possible and is within melee range just as he manages to ward off the pedestrians. In fact, as he is standing boldly and waving his arms, shouting, it leaps directly at him, snapping its massive teeth.
Sammel does win initiative even before he has a chance to activate his Force power and, gun in hand now focuses his attention fully on the creature using the Force, his senses tuning for its life signature as he also brings his sidearm level with its gaping maw and fires a shot (+2p firearms skill, -1D MAP).
He will of course still be able to reactionary dodge for distance or reactionary brawling parry with his free hand as the creature snaps (at increased MAP).


Aaron slings the rifle from his back and into his hands when he sees the creature and loads/cocks it as he steps a few metres around and behind Mazael and Sammel, positioning himself for an easy shot. But he is also caught unaware by the ferocious speed and determination of the monster and finds himself swallowing hard as he is forced to bring the rifle level quickly, just as the creature leaps directly at Sammel, who was waving his arms and shouting.
It was nice of him, to draw its attention like that, Aaron notes.
As he merely drew and loaded his rifle, repositioning himself with a free half-move as the creature bounded towards them, Aaron is in a position to simply fire a round or more as it attacks Sammel, but has also the initiative here and can elect to change his declarations if he chooses.


Mazael has no time to draw a weapon and activate ashla swordsmanship like Jaxson (due to MAP as he had no Danger Sense up). He instead focuses on his Control of the Force in an attempt to enhance his Strength for combat, but is unsuccessful. As the creature attacks Sammel he takes the opportunity to try again, if Sammel is slaughtered either he or Jaxson will be next. It'd be a shame if Sammel gets mangled but you can't win them all, he figures.
Just as Sammel and Aaron fire their weapons and the creature is leaping at Sammel, Mazael lets out a yelp of success and clenches his armoured gauntlets, feeling strong in the Force but he is not in a position to do anything other than reaction skills for the combat round.


At the rear of the group Tirith drops Jaxson's luggage and his jaw opens wide with shock. The creature would have to get past the Ashla to attack him yet however, for the moment he is relatively safe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron looks at the creature in awe, but tries to focus on the situation. Disrupting his attacks should do the trick, he thinks to himself.
Aaron waits for the Moment when the creature attacks Sammel, then take his shot in order to hinder the creatures attack.


{Aaron will wait till the creature to attack someone and try to shoot at that moment. Hopefully giving the attacked comrade a little help in order to not get slaughtered by the beast.
If necessary, he will use CPs. for that.}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the creature attacking him, Sammel pays attention at the task at hand, survival. After firing off his first shot, his biggest concern is getting out of the creature's way. (Firearms and Dodge the first round, 1CP to Dodge if needed. Most likely he will try trading out for his throwing knives and try to put a little distance between himself and the creature the next round.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8450

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC: I realized, when i read your post about Jaxson's sword glowing blue, that I'd not included that info in my character sheet. His sword actually glows green, and I've made the addition to my sheet. Just a technicality, but I wanted to give you a heads-up.))

As the Force flows openly through Jaxson, he feels his focus shift into that of combat-readiness; his sword now drawn and glowing a deep green, he takes a mighty swing at the creature, hoping to decapitate it before it can do damage to anyone.

In the back of his mind, he wonders about the full extent of the beast's abilities, as pertains to sensing the Force, or rather, those who ise the Force. He hopes that this ability will not hinder him from being able to effectively combat the beast...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vanir
Jedi


Joined: 11 May 2011
Posts: 793

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammel fires at point blank, a loud report sending a 9mm-caseless round into the creatures throat with a satisfactory thud and blood spatter. He then immediately dives to the side, barely evading the creature's snapping jaws.

Aaron fires at the same time, a silenced 9mm from his carbine passing harmlessly through a tuft of thick fur.

Jaxson steps and whirls towards the creature as it lands where Sammel had been the moment before, turning to attack again, with a slight whimper at the injury it received from Sammel's sidearm.
With intuitive timing and movement he brings the blade of his Force-tempered Longsword swinging back the direction of the creature's leap, twirling his feet as he does so and guiding the hilt to bring the edge down on the back of its neck just as it turns.
The blade cleanly severs its head, splattering the party with arterial blood spray as the corpse slumps and the head rolls different directions.

"Well that was fun," Mazael laughs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, that was... quick. Note to self, furry beast don't really care about bullets." Louder, he asks "Anybody got hurt?", looking in the direction where the cage was.
He also concentrates on the force, trying to hear and see better. This might have not been an accident, he thinks to himself, listening to anyone or anything that might give him an answer.


{Well, that was a rather disappointing and anti-climatic battle ^^ (because it was so quick, not because the battle in itself was bad, which it was not)

Edit:
Aaron uses Magnify Sense in order to hear his surrondings and maybe see something at the cage that might catch his attention}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1655
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realizing that the creature is dead, Sammel closes his eyes and takes a single deep breath before opening them again. While he looks around the area to make sure that no one was hurt, he reloads his sidearm with practiced movements, "Fun?" He says to Mazael, "My heart is still in my throat."

Once he knows that no one else in the area is hurt, he turns his attention to the creature for a closer look.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Origins of the Jedi - vanir All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0