The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Index of Adventure Journal Articles?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Index of Adventure Journal Articles? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Index of Adventure Journal Articles? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there's an index available of the Adventure Journal articles?

I have access to all of them, and know there is a wealth of information stored between their covers from equipment articles, stories and adventures, to NPC stats and ship stats, however, remembering you saw something and actually finding the article you were thinking of always seems a little hit and miss.

Anyone else have this problem? Very Happy

T.C.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy. That's always been an issue. I know that someone used to have everything indexed a LONG time ago. Though I think his website went down some while ago. It was a fantastic resource, I think it was Corpil's SW RPG index, though I'm not 100% sure.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Oy. That's always been an issue.

I'm getting old as it is and the memory's going, I don't need to think I remember seeing something and not to find it to make me feel worse!! Very Happy

And apparently you can get an idea of the contents from Wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Adventure_Journal
However, it's very time consuming to have to pull up each Journal entry, then each article entry, to try and track down what you thought you remembered seeing... Sad

T.C.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get home I'll see if I can find my indexes. I may have it and maybe I can find an archive link to the pdf indexes.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, thanks cheshire!

T.C.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digging around the forum I did find this post from crmcneill which is very useful. Not the full list of articles I was hoping for, but it's a good list to start with...

crmcneill wrote:
Also, with regards to the original poster, I went through all 15 AJ's some time ago and made a mini-index of the articles that I found the most useful, by book and page #:

Adventure Journal Article Guide
    110 - Imperial Neural Interface Device

164 - Privateers
    254 - A World To Conquer (Planetary Assault Tactics)

80 - Smuggler's Log: Bulk Freighters
    126 - Pentastar Alignment
    159 - Blaster For Hire (Mercenaries)
    237 - Outlaw Battle Armor

106 - Gambler's Life
    164 - Smuggler's Log: Emergency Equipment
    260 - Cracken's Rebel Field Guide: Sensors

55 - Buyers Guide to Alternative Starships

158 - Swoop Gangs
    239 - Scouts' Dispatch: Survival Gear

125 - Lumrunners
    219 - Repulsortank Battlefield

134 - Cracken's Rebel Field Guide: Slicing Aids
    244 - Alliance Intelligence Reports: TIE Fighters

96 - Imperial Garrisons

132 - Special Ops: Shipjackers

T.C.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thank you to Korpil and the Wayback Machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060715211157/http://www.korpil.net/rpg/index/D6.asp
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome!

downloading the Adventure Journal ones now, though I did notice the link was incorrect for 13 (is actually pointing to 11) so that may be the only one not available which is a shame, everything else seems to be downloading fine!

Thanks cheshire!

Might be worth putting these up on one of the group's storage sites so they don't eventually disappear?

T.C.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verily. I should probably zip them and put them up on my 4Shared. I'll put that on my to-do list sometime in the near future.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double, but yeah, I just did a quick grab of all of them, and it looks like we're missing the following:

dfr-c.pdf
gmscr-c.pdf
thrwn-c.pdf
aj13.pdf
aj13-c.pdf

If anyone does some digging and see if they're correct for a different date, then I'll gladly grab them from the alternate capture date. But at least someone has them for now.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not officially a horrible person with a triple post, but here's the zipped file with all indexes, abbreviation list, and README file

http://www.4shared.com/zip/rCoMO6Y3/Korpil_SWD6_RPG_Index.html
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[EDIT]

Yeah, never mind what I said, you were right, dfr-c.pdf, gmscr-c.pdf & thrwn-c.pdf are unavailable, they looked like they downloaded, but are 'damaged' or my browser faked me out... :p also aj13.pdf or aj13-c.pdf are missing due to pointing to the wrong file from the link.

and, no matter where I looked I could not find imp-c.pdf (since the link to it just points to imp.pdf)

Otherwise this is pretty impressive... Smile Thanks again for finding that link, cheshire!

T.C.
Korpil
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: The Korpil Awakens Reply with quote

Hah! Never thought of using that punchline...

Well, hi guys, this is Mario A. Escamilla, AKA Korpil from ye olden days... I'm now as old as Lor San Tekka and fortunately not as dead (yet).

I was in conversation with Mike Fraley which I believe is a member here, and that's why I joined.

I've been away from RPG for several years, the index died when I moved my website off whatever that Microsoft was using ages ago, and also I let my domain korpil.net expire and now it belongs to scammers... bummer.

Well, do not despair... if Luke Skywalker could be found, there's also hope for the Index. I have found the original database and it's in good shape, I'm checking out options to make it available for online search as I always intended to be...

In the meantime, I was able to recover the files from my backups and I found that there are new entries after the snapshots you have, since I received external help for a number of books.

The files are in my personal Dropbox until a new homepage is found, folders for D6 and d20 are in there.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t65b0zo6yavmvvp/AADNIkkI6W9vaRlXYpISyL7-a?dl=0

I plan to start indexing also FFG material, since I've now picked a couple of books and I intend to keep buying more.

I also am interested in buying old D6 books that I don't have, if anyone has anything for sale.

And finally, I was invited to write an essay for a group of books published by Sequart, regarding the importance of the RPG, specially WEG's D6 to the overall Star Wars universe. The book will be published later in the year but you can see more info here. Drew Campbell is also writing something about the RPG.

http://sequart.org/books/47/a-more-civilized-age-exploring-the-star-wars-expanded-universe/

Sorry for the long reply, have a great day!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Korpil! Thanks for sharing your indices!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, welcome! This is fantastic.

I had mentioned this to Cheshire, but do you happen to have the password for these PDFs? I'd love to index what you have in excel for my D6 database - it's a wonderful resource you have - but they're currently copy-locked.

Since you're interested in further work on it, I'd love to get your thoughts on the current state of my stat db!

Great to see you still exist!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: