The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Wages of Fear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Wages of Fear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: The Wages of Fear Reply with quote

I am starting my campaign with my heroes en route to a penal colony when the ship they are riding on is mysteriously pulled out of hyperspace and dumped into an asteroid field. They eventually will free themselves from their restraints and realize that the ship's pilot is dead, and they are getting battered by the asteroids.

They'll eventually end on Neftali in the Socorro system, with no money and wanted by the Empire. My goal is to eventually get them to Socorro where they will find a ship, but on Neftali they need to earn some money to buy passage to Socorro. This is where the adventure I'm writing comes in...

I'm basing it on a french film from the 50;s called The Wages of Fear. Here is the wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wages_of_Fear

And here's my SW version (some names are incomplete, and I'm being liberal with my use of canon)

A massive fire erupts at a small remote Tibanna processing plant in the frozen planet Neftali, one of two populated worlds in the Socorro system. This rare form of liquid Tibanna mined from deep within the Neftali underground is used to supply hyperdrive coolant and blaster gas to the large smuggling population on both Socorro and Neftali. The only way to extinguish the flames is by using a chemical known as zoridium, itself a highly volitile and unstable substance.

Due to the short notice, and the lack of proper equipment, the liquid zoridium must be transported from xxx to the processing plant aboard large jerrycans placed on speeders. Due to the dangerous terrain and weather in Neftali, the Miner’s Guild representative chooses to not use any guild members to transport the zoridium to the plant, but rather heads towards xxxxx with the hopes of finding someone desperate enough for credits who's willing to do the job.

Unfortunately, not all is at it seems on Neftali, because whoever transports the zoridium will not only have to deal with dangerous terrain, weather and dangerous native species, but with the criminal organization that started the fire and is looking to put xxx out of business for good.

This adventure works well with heroes stranded on Neftali who may be desperate for credits.

---

So I have to fill in some blanks, but the basic framework is pretty much from the movie. Lets see how it goes. Smile
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds awesome, ebertran! I look forward to reading more about your tales! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: