The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Stats for Director of Intelligence Ysane Isard (and others)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Stats for Director of Intelligence Ysane Isard (and others) Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Stats for Director of Intelligence Ysane Isard (and others) Reply with quote

Anyone have home-spun stats (or a conversion from D20) for Ysane Isard, preferably from around the time of the Rebellion Era when she was Director of Intelligence for the Empire?

Fleshing out some things for my players and hoped to include some stats for well-known (and some lesser known) antagonists. I have a wealth of major NPC stats for the Rebels from various sourcebooks, but few (apart from the Emperor and Vader, most Empire NPCs die dramatic deaths!) for the Empire, so above and beyond Ysane was looking for any others from Rebellion (and perhaps Rise of the Empire) era(s).

Tried converting from Saga and I just don't have the knack of it, it just left me with a headache!

T.C.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, never mind for Ysane Isard, found these stats over on SWRPGNetwork which look like a good start:

Ysanne Isard - D6 Stats
Type: Director of Imperial Intelligence
DEXTERITY 2D
Blaster 4D, dodge 5D+1
KNOWLEDGE 5D
Alien species 9D, bureaucracy 6D, bureaucracy: Empire 7D, business 6D, intimidation 9D, intimidation: interrogation 12D, intimidation: brainwashing 12D, planetary systems 6D, streetwise 8D+1, survival 6D+1, tactics 7D, willpower 8D
MECHANICAL 2D
Space transports 3D
PERCEPTION 4D+2
Command 6D, command: Imperial Intelligence 10D, con 9D, hide 8D, investigation 11D, persuasion 6D+2, search 7D, sneak 8D+1
STRENGTH 2D
Brawling 4D
TECHNICAL 2D
Security 4D

Force Sensitive: No
Force Points: 2
Dark Side Points: 9
Character Points: 22
Move: 10
Equipment: Comlink, holdout blaster (4D), datapad

Interested in everyone's thought on her stats, and any other Empire antagonists there may be stats for?

[EDIT] And Holocron has stats as well which are similar, though looking at it two stats are over the Human maximums so there would need to be adjusted, but still a good start. Smile

T.C.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave 'em over the human maximum, IMHO, that's her special power, in a way.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These stats a need upgrade, more combat skills as she was on some missions as I remember from the comics, forgery skill, communications - she was a field agent before.

bureaucracy: Empire 7D ????

She would barely could be a "bartender's help in the Emperor's palace" with such stats Wink.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nico_Davout wrote:

She would barely could be a "bartender's help in the Emperor's palace" with such stats Wink.

According to the SW2R&E rulebook:

7D - Among the best on a continent. About 1 in 10,000,000 people will have training to this skill level.
8D - Among the best on a planet. About 1 in 100,000,000 people will have training to this skill level.
9D - One of the best for several systems in the immediate area. About 1 in a billion people have a skill at this level.
10D - One of the best in a sector.

So it's not too bad, but I'm open to anyone's interpretations... As mentioned these came from SWRPGNetwork, and just about match the ones from the Holocron site. However, I agree they seem a little lax in certain areas, but am not sure about leaving the attributes over human max's...

T.C.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a director of Imp Int she should have, IMO, 10-13D in some skills (as for her death at Lusankya) as it was a major villain.

In Rebel Era sourcebook for D20 she has the following skills that could be added:
- Value
- Computer Prg
- Forgery
- Scholar: Intelligence
- Scholar: New Order
- Scholar: Imp High Command

Knows Huttese, Duros, Mon Calamari (speak only)

I'd add also Law Enforcement, Pick Pocket, Grenade.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyCaine wrote:
Nico_Davout wrote:

According to the SW2R&E rulebook:

7D - Among the best on a continent. About 1 in 10,000,000 people will have training to this skill level.
8D - Among the best on a planet. About 1 in 100,000,000 people will have training to this skill level.
9D - One of the best for several systems in the immediate area. About 1 in a billion people have a skill at this level.
10D - One of the best in a sector.

So it's not too bad, but I'm open to anyone's interpretations... As mentioned these came from SWRPGNetwork, and just about match the ones from the Holocron site. However, I agree they seem a little lax in certain areas, but am not sure about leaving the attributes over human max's...

T.C.

Royal Guards have 5D Dex so I don't sweat it so much on characters such as Isard, who is an uber-villain and needs some sort of "power". Since she isn't a combat wizard, I say leave the Knowledge where it is. I can see lowering Perception if you only want one over species max.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing, only 9 dark side points? I think someone wanted to write - 99 Wink.

TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this for a revision:

Ysanne Isard
Dexterity 3D+1
Acrobatics 6D+2, Blaster 5D+2, Brawling Parry 5D, Dodge 5D+1, Melee Combat 4D+1, Melee Parry 4D, Missile Weapon 4D+1, Vehicle Blasters 5D+1
Knowledge 5D
Alien Species 9D, Bureaucracy 7D, Bureaucracy: Imperial High Command 10D, Bureaucracy: Imperial Intelligence 11D, Bureaucracy: Imperial Military 9D, Bureaucracy: New Order / Empire 9D, Business 6D, Intimidation 9D, Intimidation: Interrogation 12D, Intimidation: Brainwashing 12D, Languages 7D+2, Languages: Duros 8D+2, Languages: Huttese 10D+1, Languages: Mon Calamari 9D+2, Law Enforcement 9D, Law Enforcement: New Order / Empire 10D, Planetary Systems 6D, Scholar 7D, Scholar: Imperial High Command 9D, Scholar: Intelligence 10D, Scholar: New Order / Empire 8D, Streetwise 8D+1, Survival 6D+1, Tactics 7D, Value 5D+2, Willpower 8D
Mechanical 2D+2
Astrogation 6D+1, Communications 7D+2, Repulsorlift Operation 5D+1, Sensors 6D+2, Space Tansports 5D, Starfighter Piloting 5D, Starship Gunnery 5D, Starship Shields 5D
Perception 4D+2
Bargain 6D+2, Command 10D, Command: Imperial Intelligence 12D, Command: Imperial Military 11D, Con 11D+1, Forgery 6D+2, Gambling 7D, Hide 8D, Investigation 11D, Persuasion 6D+2, Search 9D+2, Sneak 8D+1
Strength 2D
Brawling 4D, Climbing / Jumping 5D, Stamina 4D+2
Technical 3D
Computer Programming / Repair 5D+2, Security 4D

Dark Side Points: 15
Equipment: Imperial Intelligence Director's Uniform, Rank Cylinder Code Keys, Hold-Out Blaster (4D), DataPad, CommLink

Thoughts?

T.C.
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

judt glancing, but I'd like to point out that brainwashing is an Advanced skill as per the Truce at Bakura source book. IIRC it requires intimidation at 5D and unlike other advanced skills starts at 4D. Just wanted to put in my two creds. I'll post the page numbers for the skill tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it Smile

Good luck with the creation of a mastermind.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch, Methedor! P142 of Truce at Bakura Sourcebook

Revised:

Ysanne Isard
Dexterity 3D+1
Acrobatics 6D+2, Blaster 5D+2, Brawling Parry 5D, Dodge 5D+1, Melee Combat 4D+1, Melee Parry 4D, Missile Weapon 4D+1, Vehicle Blasters 5D+1
Knowledge 5D
Alien Species 9D, (A) Brainwashing 12D, Bureaucracy 7D, Bureaucracy: Imperial High Command 10D, Bureaucracy: Imperial Intelligence 11D, Bureaucracy: Imperial Military 9D, Bureaucracy: New Order / Empire 9D, Business 6D, Intimidation 9D, Intimidation: Interrogation 12D, Languages 7D+2, Languages: Duros 8D+2, Languages: Huttese 10D+1, Languages: Mon Calamari 9D+2, Law Enforcement 9D, Law Enforcement: New Order / Empire 10D, Planetary Systems 6D, Scholar 7D, Scholar: Imperial High Command 9D, Scholar: Intelligence 10D, Scholar: New Order / Empire 8D, Streetwise 8D+1, Survival 6D+1, Tactics 7D, Value 5D+2, Willpower 8D
Mechanical 2D+2
Astrogation 6D+1, Communications 7D+2, Repulsorlift Operation 5D+1, Sensors 6D+2, Space Tansports 5D, Starfighter Piloting 5D, Starship Gunnery 5D, Starship Shields 5D
Perception 4D+2
Bargain 6D+2, Command 10D, Command: Imperial Intelligence 12D, Command: Imperial Military 11D, Con 11D+1, Forgery 6D+2, Gambling 7D, Hide 8D, Investigation 11D, Persuasion 6D+2, Search 9D+2, Sneak 8D+1
Strength 2D
Brawling 4D, Climbing / Jumping 5D, Stamina 4D+2
Technical 3D
Computer Programming / Repair 5D+2, Security 4D

Dark Side Points: 15
Equipment: Imperial Intelligence Director's Uniform, Rank Cylinder Code Keys, Hold-Out Blaster (4D), DataPad, CommLink

Thoughts?

T.C.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of skills, I've seen a number of NPCs with the 'Scholar' skill (including the various interpretations I've seen of Ysanne, Palpatine, and others), does anyone know where the Scholar skill is documented? I can't find a reference to it...

T.C.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Scholar skill appears on several character templates in the Tales of the Jedi Companion. But I honestly dont have a clue as to where it appears as just the skill information.

Our group has always used the Scholar skill as a way to note education/experience in a specific field of study. Most commonly is it is "Jedi Lore", "Sith Lore", or "Force Lore" for Force sensitive characters in our games, but we've also had "Academics" for teachers, "Archeology" for treasure hunters, and several others that I cant think of at the moment.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH!

SW2R&E, Page 45:
Scholar
Time Taken: One round to several days.
Specialization: Particular field of study — archaeology, Jedi lore, history, geology, physics.
Description:
This skill reflects formal academic training or dedicated research in a particular field. Scholar also reflects a character's ability to find information through research. Characters often choose a specialization to reflect a specific area which they have studied. Specializations are subjects often taught at the great universities throughout the galaxy, including archaeology, botany, chemistry, geology, history, hyperspace theories, and physics. Specializations can also be topics a character can research on his own.
Scholar represents "book-learning," not information learned from practical experience. A character can know the various hyperspace theories inside and out, but this doesn't qualify him to fly starships through hyperspace (that's covered by the astrogation skill). He might know the physical principles which make a blaster fire, but that doesn't make him a better shot.
Gamemasters can choose to allow players a limited benefit under certain circumstances — the character is applying theory in a real-world situation. For example, a character with scholar: military tactics (the history of tactics) normally doesn't get a bonus to tactics rolls, but under certain circumstances, a good scholar: military tactics roll might merit a small (+ ID or so) bonus to tactics.
Gamemasters should allow players to choose their own scholar specializations — new ones can be created at the gamemaster's discretion. When determining a character's background, players should explain why and how they gained such academic training in a field.
Like many other Knowledge skills, the difficulty is based on the obscurity and detail of the information sought.

Right under my nose!!! Smile

T.C.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There we go! About the only place I didnt think to look! (I skipped the Core book since I figured that would be the first place YOU had looked, . . . Wink )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: