The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Resistance-class Patrol Ship
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Resistance-class Patrol Ship
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feyladil
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Resistance-class Patrol Ship Reply with quote

This is a ship I handed over to my players some time ago. It's the prototype of a new type of intra-system patrol craft from the Empire. Designed to be a nasty surprise to rebel attackers the ship features a unique shielding system.

This system is able to protect the ship against ion cannons. However the system created unsolvable problems (see below) and so the ship never went into service.

The sole prototype somehow made it's way to the black market and that's where my player's got their hands on it. They added a hyperdrive and than had a really nice ship.

Resistance-Class Patrol Ship

Craft: Rendili StarDrive‘s Resistance-Class Patrol Ship
Type: Experimental intra-system patrol craft
Scale: Space transport
Length: 48 meters
Skill: Space transports: Resistance-class patrol ship
Crew: 5; gunners: 3; skeleton: 3/+10
Passengers: 8; 3 (in brig)
Cargo Capacity: 150 metric tons
Consumables: 1 week
Cost: Not available for sale
Maneuverability: 1D+2
Maneuverability (atmosphere): 2D+1
Space: 8
Atmosphere: 400; 1,150 kmh
Hull: 4D
Shields: 2D+1
Sensors:
Passive: 20/1D
Scan: 40/2D
Search: 80/3D
Focus: 4/4D
Weapons:
2 Light Double Laser Cannons
Fire Arc: Turret
Crew: 1
Skill: Starship gunnery: laser cannon
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300m/1.2km/2.5km
Damage: 4D+1
1 Tractor Beam Projector
Fire Arc: Front
Crew: 1
Skill: Starship gunnery: tractor beam projector
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1-3/7/15
Atmosphere Range: 100-300m/700m/1.5km
Damage: 3D+2
Game Notes: The ship‘s shields possess the unique ability to negate the effects of ion blasts. However, when the ship is flying to fast they have the tendency to build up an ionisation field that shuts down all of the ship’s systems after a few minutes.
In game terms that means when the Resistance is flying with her shields on-line at cautions speed, everything is fine. Doing the same at cruising speed results in the ionisation of one control after 20 rounds. At high speed the first control will be shut down after only 10 rounds!
In addition, the shields offer absolutely no protection against proton torpedoes.

Hope you like it!

Cheers
Feyladil

Last edited by Feyladil on Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet ride!!!

And I like the Shield System... Makes it a touch tougher, but also a touch harder to use!

I'd have slowed her down a might, however, but that's me.

Oh... And the picture... Nice!!!
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens with that shield system when moving at all-out speed? Does the first system shut down after five rounds when moving at that speed?

Wanted Poster
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something similar was asked of Captain Jack... This was the following comments: "I don't know... Let's find out!!!" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Captain Jack... The only PC in any of my groups to be Committed to an Insane Asylum and still be allowed to be used as a Character without pause. (Although, he did have to be heavily medicated, and got his own skill to control his insanity!!!).
Feyladil
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
What happens with that shield system when moving at all-out speed? Does the first system shut down after five rounds when moving at that speed?

Smile I knew that someone was going to ask me that question. The answer is quite simple: In my group moving with all-out speed means to direct all energy to the engines. So a ship moving with all-out speed can't use its shields nor can it use weapons. These are optional rules that can be found in "The Far Orbit Project" supplement on page 25.
If you aren't using these rules I suggest indeed to say that every 5 rounds one control will be ionized when the Resistance is moving at all-out speed.

As for the general speed of the ship: When you compare it with other imperial patrol ships you'll see that a space speed of 8 isn't really uncommon. Of course 7 will be okay, too. Wink
Feyladil
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the deck plans. There's a key for the different sections of the ship, now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: