The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Oryn's Path
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A -> Oryn's Path Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 162
Location: Madrid, Spain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You are right, let's go try to find another ship to get out of here" says Kicks as he starts to climb down.

The rest of the team follows him, with Oryn beign the last of them dissapearing into the chasm.

When they were halft their way down to the next level there is a sudden explosion coming from the destroyed door. They have to grab themsleves to the wall while the fire roars above them.

"Haha suck that you morons!" yells Va-S-Que and smiles to Oryn. "Well done buddy".

"That could hold them for a while, but not forever" says the Master Jedi. "Let's get out of here."

A couple of mintes, another ten meters below and a couple of swings of lightsaber later the infiltrators find themselves into another corridor twin to the one they were before.

"Any ideas?" ask H'tson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There is no Problem that can't be solved by enough explosives!" says Oryn as he holds his Fist high in the air into the direction of the explosion. Then he continues to climb down like the others.

After H'tson askes for ideas, he say:
"We could stick to the last plan befor the... surprise. Find a Terminal so that I can hopefully access the Database of the ship to hopefully get some blueprints or something similiar that helps us find the way... unless anyone knows where we can find the next Hangar?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 162
Location: Madrid, Spain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rest of the party agrees with Oryn and you walk a dozen of meters before finding the terminal.

OOC: Sound of rolling dice

It seems that Oryn hadn't lost his touch for in just a few seconds he overcome the security protocols of the console and have access to the blueprints of the decks they are located.

They have an hangar bay three decks above them, and about 200 meters backwards their current position.

"Maybe I have another suggestion" says Kicks pointing to other section of the map, just one deck lower, near the supercoolant deposits of the ship.

"There we could use the escape pods for the engieniring crew. "

A huge explosion makes the whole ship bank to his right and the group had to hang to something to avoid fall to the floor.

"If they hadn't use them by now" adds H'tson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Just wait a second, maybe I can get us some more informations. The more we have, the better."
Oryn tries to get access to the following informations (in that order):
- Status of the escape pods for the engineering crew.
- Status messages regarding intruders (maybe there is another trap and the enemies where "stupid" enough to leave informations about that in the board computer
- Status on any prisoners (there are still some Jedis they originally wanted to free).
- Status of the hangar (personel and ships still in the hangar).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 162
Location: Madrid, Spain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We don't have a second" mutters H'tson while another explosion makes the whole ship trumble.

Despite the comment Oryn keeps his fingers taping into the computer and he's able to retrieve some information

-Status on the escape pods of the engieenring deck: Due to damage to the deck and hull breach half of the avaible units had been destroyed. Units remaining. 24

- Security Breach: Intruders had escape the ambush. Presumibly dead.

- Prisioners Status: All prisioners were executed at 02:100:38 horus.

- Hangar Status: All starfighters on flight duty.
Cargo drones: ready and loaded to resupply fighters
No freighters assigned to hangar bay 65223A-32
Officers Shuttle: ready to depart.

A blep makes Olyn look up again. The number of the escape pods had been updated.

Units remaining: 20

Then another turbolaser, or perhaps a torpedo, hit the ship again, sending Olyn flying to the other wall of the corridor. The terminal explodes due to an overcharge into the ship's circuits, sending sparks in all directions.
Shaken but fine, the bothan stands.
It's time to make a decisison.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dammit" Oryn curses at the Ship that just made those shots. Oh well, I got everything I need. At least I know now that we can't do anything for the prisoners.

Trying to sound as confident and matter of factly as he can, while knowing that this whole mission was and their comrades died in vain, Oryn says:
"Let's make this short. The Prisoners are dead, so no need for concern here. We're thought to be dead as well, so good for us. There are 20 Escapes pod left in the engineering bay, but they're dwindling by the minute because of the damage and a hull breach. There's only one Ship, a Shuttle for Officers, ready in the Hangar.
I opt for going for the escape pods. They're the nearest destination and the chance of heavy encounter, like those Lightsaber wielding Stih, are low.
Your call, Corporal".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 162
Location: Madrid, Spain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Aye private, guide us to those escape pods. Va-S-Que take the lead. H´tson you have the back. Oryn provide cover with you weapon it worked last time against that Sith poodoo. Are you fit to continue Master?"

It seems that under the lazy facet of Kicks personality lied an oficial after all.

"Yes Corporal. Do not worry about me" replies the Jedi Master who had a bad looking injury on his shoulder.

With that the group moves forward, following the indications that Oryn gives them. The walk through the corridor isn't easy for them, as the ship still suffers from the attack of the Republic vessels and at least in two ocassions the lightsaber had to cut a huge metal pillar that had fallen from the ceiling and block their way.

They finally reach the turbolifts that will lead them to the lower level, but they are collapsed. The amount of debris makes it impossible to them to cut their way. They seem blocked and the Jedi Master turns towards Oryn with an interrogating glaze in his eyes.

Oryn makes a fast scan into the data he downloaded to his datapad and find that there is a service corridor in one of the walls. They find the access panel in no time and open it. The cold and the smell that came from it aren't good news.

"It seems that there is a hull breach nearby" says H'tson "If the ship takes another hit in this section..."

"And that smell aren't good news either " adds the Master " I think that the coolant tanks could be compromised. We could have a rough time or be completely block if we find too much toxic coolant down there."

"Do you think we could make it Corporal?" asks Va-S-Que to Kicks. He looks to Oryn looking for more information.

Oryn knows that if there is enough space and the coolant leak isn't too heavy they could reenter the main corridors of the ship without much danger. But if there is too much, the path will be closed. And going down and then trying to reach the hangar could make it too late. It wasn't an easy call...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If we're lucky..."

Oryn looks around if he can see another Terminal.

Szenario 1: There is a Terminal
"Let me check how bad the situation is.". Oryn points to the Terminal and walks up to he.
He tries to get informations about the service corridor and any coolant tank leaks (or the status of the cooland tanks).


Szenario 2: There is no Terminal

Oryn tries to think up another solution, but he can only think of two, one worse then the other. Well, better one than all.

"Let me go in first. If coolant leak isn't to bad I can just call for you and we can go on. If it is bad, maybe I will be able to holt out long enough to get to the main corridors and find some way to vent the coolant. This breath mask", Oryn pulls out his breath mask, "and my furr should give me the best chances here if something goes wrong. Gonne use this rope", Oryn pulls out the fibra-rope, " so that you can pull me out if anything goes wrong."


{OOC: Since it just depends on whether or not there is another Terminal, I simply wrote down both szenarios for either case instead of just asking if there is a Terminal or not. Hope that's ok for you.}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 162
Location: Madrid, Spain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OOC: That's perfect Smile ]

Seeing no terminal at hand, Oryn readies himself to go down the hand stair. The rest of the team look at him with serious faces as they all know that their situation is extreme and their odds of surviving are growing thin every minute.

"May the Force be with you" says the Jedi Master as he starts his descend.

The temperature inside the corridor increases as he descend and he could see a fearie blue gloom below him, no doubt for the supercoolant liquid spilled.

After a couple of minutes descending he reaches the bottom of the stair. There is a layer of supercoolant covering the floor, but under Oryn calculations it's only a few centimeters deep. Their boots should protect them and if they do not run and make it splash they should be able to cross the narrow service corridor to the next acess panel, just about twenty meters ahead his current position.

Oryn was about to communicate his finding to the rest of the team when he feels his head light, his vision blur. Even with the mask the combination of the high temperature and the toxic vapors are making him sweat and he struggles not to fall uncounscious.

[OOC: Make a stamina roll, dif. 12. Let me know if you spend some CP or not, or if you obtain a 1 or 6 in the Wild Dice. If you pass you are able to act as you desire, but you are considered STUN. If you don't pass it, well just let me know and I take it from there Wink Good luck]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OOC: Result 2/4/5. 1 CP for another 4, totaling at 15]

Oryn shudders shortly in reaction to the light-headedness. He tries to concentrate and keep conscious, barely succeeding.

He climbs back up a little to not get knocked out immediately, then he yells "Ok, it's gonna be difficult because of the toxic vapors, but If we're carefull we should be able to make it.
But there is a thin layer of coolant on the floor, so be careful."

Oryn goes back down the few steps and looks for some way to vent the corridor in order to reduce the toxic vapor in the air in the time the others would need to get down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 162
Location: Madrid, Spain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bu the time where the rest of the team reach Oryn position he had veryfied that there is no way to ventilate the corridor.

They don't dare to speak, in order to keep their breaths as much as possible and Oryn points to the exit he had found before.

The team moves quickly, with the Jedi Master, wearing no mask, leading the way. Kicks and Va-S-Que seems to handle themselves well enough but Oryn notices that H'tson is dizzy and about to fall.
He moves quick and grab his fellow soldier before he falls and carries him along the narrow corridor.

The extra effort doesn't come without toil though. Oryn fiils his lungs burn due to the vapors and he only can hope to hold until they reach the exit.
There is only 10 more meters...

[Another Stamina roll please: you need to beat a 15 this time. If you fail you need to make a lifting roll, dif. 12, not to drop H'tson]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OOC: Rolled 4/1/4, totaling at 9 for Stamina (failing). Rolled 5/5 for Lifting, totaling at 12, barely making it.
Don't know what you have planned, but Oryn would try to call to Kicks and Va-S-Que to help him and H'tson, if he's able to.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 162
Location: Madrid, Spain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OOC: What happened to my post here?]

Oryn tries to help H'tson, who is accusing the stress of his wounds in this dangerous enviorement, but he's exhausted too and feels his vision blur as he holds the soldier by his arm.

He leans to the wall and calls the others for help. Somehow he manages to keep his hold on H'tson who seems to have fell uncounscious. Oryn's eyes begin to close as he sees the difuse image of Kicks and Va-S-Que going back to help them.

"C'mon buddy, let me carry him" says Kicks making Oryn release his arm around H'tson's chest.
He feels how Va-S-Que took him and helps him walk the rest of the way to the access panel.

"It's locked" the voice of the Jedi Master reach the bothan head as a hammer.
"I could try to use the lightsaber, but the gases here could explode. Any other ideas?"

"Whatever you do, do it quick" replies Va-S-Que " I don't like H'tson's look"

[You are stun -1D until you leave the area. What you wanna do? Let the Jedi try the lightsaber to cut your exit? or maybe another idea? The long you stay in there, the most rolls you'll need to hold]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander


Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OOC: What does it smell like? Or rather, doesn Oryn know anything about the gases here? If it's just vapored coolant then there should be no problem with the lightsaber.
Knowledge 2D. Maybe Mechanical (3D) or Technical (4D+1) or even Demolition (5D; Because of "explosives") might help as well. Your call.]


Oryn shortly shakes his head in hope of clearing his mind and be able to concentrate a little better.


Szenario 1 (Oryn knows something about the gases here and knows/thinks that they're not flammable/ they're not gonna explode or has no clue at all):
"Coolant vapor shoul not explode, so go ahead, Master Jedi".

Oryn will take a (probably short) look at H'tson while the Master opens the access panel.

[OOC: First Aid 5D]

Szenario 2 (Oryn knows that the gases are flammable / they're gonna explode):
"No, let my try to open it. If i can't do it quickly you can still use your lightsaber, Master Jedi. But if something goes wrong the other way around, we're toast."

Oryn tries to get out one of his tools and getting to the access panel, trying to unlock it.

[OOC: Probably Security (5D) for that.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 162
Location: Madrid, Spain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jedi Master puts the hilt of his lightsaber agaisnt the access panel and ignites it. The sound of the lightsaber mixes with the exchange of air.

H'tson seems to have passed away but Oryn is confident that with the aplication of some stims he will be back in his feet within the minute.

After some tense seconds of waiting the Master Jedi uses the Force to open the cutted latch and the team abandon the service corridor panting and sweating.

They spend the next few minutes catching their breath, and Oryn heals H'tson, who recovers his senses but became surprisingly silent instead of all his habitual complaints.

The inmmense ship continues to shake and move erraticaly when hitted by the Republic's turbolasers and warheads. Suddenly a huge explosion throw the team again to the nearest wall and the floor, then the sound of metal bending fills the area and suddenly a huge open in the ship's hull menance to throw them into the space!


[We need some rolls here. First a DEX one at dif. 15 not to fail to grab to something. Then a lifting or STR one at 15 dif. not to be pulled out in space.
You are no longer stun, so you can use your full Dice pool ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0