The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

[Interest Check] Star Wars D6 VTT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> [Interest Check] Star Wars D6 VTT Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah 7D. I'm not going to try to make a too myopic character. He's going to have decent blaster and dodge, along with armor repair and blaster repair. The other skills will depend on what might be the most helpful.
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, we may not even have a ship...we may be dirtside for awhile, heh.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[lurker] If you already have G+ then you need to join the "Star Wars D6" community. Once you have done that, you will be able to access the community events. This will be found on the left side "events". This will take you to a page listing all the events currently available. Click on the day, this will take you to that specific event. On that page on the right, there will be a place that says "Attending this Event" click on the "yes".

The day before you will be e-mailed a reminded. At the time the event starts you will be sent another e-mail reminder. At the time the event starts, go back to the event page, there will be a "join Hangout" button on the right. Click on it, it will open another window for the hangout.

That is all.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWR,

Did you get my character? If so, was it good to go?

Oh yeah, it goes without saying that you have open license on adding a paragraph or two (as needed) to tie my character's background in with the rest of the party.

Forgive all spelling errors.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see it and was pleasantly surprised. Though I would remind you, the Rangers have been "destroyed" and scattered by Rebellion Era. They are hunted down as ruthlessly as the Jedi. We can make it work, we might need to make some adjustments. But at this time you are good to go.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find mine in your email/spam folder Shooting?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Ral_Brelt] Not seen a character posted to my e-mail (rpgman999@gmail.com) except for Lurkers character.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:

I did see it and was pleasantly surprised. Though I would remind you, the Rangers have been "destroyed" and scattered by Rebellion Era. They are hunted down as ruthlessly as the Jedi. We can make it work, we might need to make some adjustments. But at this time you are good to go.

Thanks, glad you liked it.

As for the Rangers being 'destroyed' & being hunted down ... Rgr that is why Harris [u]HAS
to be an active rebel. He will either hide and be hunted down in the dark quiet, or he will fight and not be hunted down in the quiet ... Who knows, he may be a fire that feeds into rangers in hiding stepping up and helping the rebellion Wink

Of course adjust fire as needed so it/he will fit your game.

Oh yeah, I got your PM, I'll look at where to put that 1 d6 I had in brawl parry.

lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I just had a surprise date night drop into my lap with wife ... I may not make it back from dinner and a movie and be able to play.
you all have my character so play him as needed until next week

Good luck, & 'May the force be with you'

Ral_Brelt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just resent it to you Shooting. It should be an email from Wulffromabove@comcast.net titled Char brief
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, guys, again sorry about having to bow out last minute last night. However, when you 2 little girls decide to spend an extra night at their grandmothers, and you wife say "I think you owe me a dinner and a movie … Its time for a date night" you have to readjust your priorities for the night … Shocked Very Happy

I hope I didn't miss much from last night. Did the game get started, or did everyone iron out their characters? Either way, is there needed changes to mine? If so let me know & I'll readjust fire as needed.

That said, I just got the invite for next week's game. Baring some unforeseen issue popping up. I'll be there! By the way, 2030 is a perfect time for me, I should have the little ones down and in bed by then so thanks for setting the time to start to that !

Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker, I look forward to seeing you next week.

Last night was quite fun. We are aboard a recently abandoned Imperial vessel trying to find anything of value before the Imperial Inquisitor shows up. All the while, we are fending off the pirates that got there first. It's quite exciting and I look forward to starting in the middle of the action next week.

One thing I wanted to bring up was the picture of our ship. The picture used was of a YT-1760. Here's the wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YT-1760_small_transport

I like the YT-1930 quite a bit, and I think those are the stats that you have for it, but it looks like this: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/065/9/2/star_wars_yt1930_commission_by_adamkop-d5x6t0z.jpg

They look similar, so it's easy to get them confused.

Cheers!
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Lurker] Completely understand needing to take care of Momma Bear. Hopefully it was a great evening and you and the wife were able to enjoy one another's company and recharge a bit.

What did you miss? Hmmm ... mission briefing, hyperspace flight, asteroids almost destroying the ship, a ship floating in space, damaged by asteroid debris strikes, a member of the crew who attacks shadows, stating they are lizards of evil, pirates stealing anything of value not nailed down, an ex-bounty hunter who can't seem to shoot straight, a duros mechanic that is a part time blaster target, and oh yeah an Inquisitor with a large ship and lots of gun could show up at any minute to add just a little more frosting to this cake.

[Dromdarr_Alark] You are correct, I stated the ship was a YT-1930 when in fact its a YT-1760. I will correct this. You will still have the 1760.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great start to things!

Good for you, lurker, for keeping your priorities straight! Smile
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in all, I am really enjoying this game. The group works well together and the pace is good (even for the first session!). When it picks up, I can only imagine what crazy things we will do.

As for the ship, I am seeing conflicting stat blocks for it.

D6 Holocron has it as this: http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=YT-1760_Small_Transport

The Fan Made - Starships Stats R&E censored (by Gry Sarth) has slightly different stats (lower speed, higher maneuver).

I think what you showed to us was slower than both of them and didn't have shields.

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because I have used this ship before in my game and I'm used to the Gry Sarth stats.

Sorry for being a stickler. Whatever you rule is what I'll go with. I just wanted to bring up a difference that I noticed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: