The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Monday Night - Google-+ Game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Monday Night - Google-+ Game Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Monday Night - Google-+ Game Reply with quote

Edited to include a list of characters

GM (Human): shootingwomprats /Oliver Queen (Don Diestler)

Akeyro Sarkin (Iktochi): Rebel Alliance Freighter Captain (faulk13)

Elo Thannik (Duros): Freelance Crewer; Pilot; Astrogator; Techie (Ral Brelt)

Harris Er-Geron (Human): ‘SpecForce’ Medic (lurker)

Raye Ode’nu (Human): Slicer (Baniss Locke)

Reedo (Rodian): Hired Gun - (Shootingwompraps), or anyone playing an NPC

Torin Sunfell (Human): Bounty Hunter (Dromdarr_Alark) *** KIA by bounty hunter ambush

Crale Rayley (Human): Ex-Pirate’s Mate now working for the Rebellion; Maintenance

By submitting this report I, Harris Er-Geron , am putting into official records the events of the proceeding 2 week and specifically the events leading up to my rescue.

Finally, after 2 weeks captivity and forced labor as the crew's medic, I was rescued for the band of especially brutal and blood thirsty pirates active in our area of operation. Unfortunately, no other crew members of the original troop transport I was traveling with survived the captivity. I was spared because of my medical training, however, even with my combat training I was unable to hold off the crew and was kept in check with the shock/explosive collar *** see intel report on the origins of the technology found in the collar *** the pirates put on me when they captured me.

For the most part of the 2 weeks there is little of interest to report. However, after 10 days the pirate crew received word of a disabled and possible abandoned Imperial cruiser. The pirate crew quickly went to the wreck site to scavenge the ship of anything of value. Upon arrival, the ship was found to be completely abandoned however, still containing valuable supplies and equipment.

After spending over 2 days on the abandoned Imperial cruiser savaging it, the command element - the pirate captain, 4 of his trusted crew members, and myself still on the shock collar leash - received word that there were members of another crew onboard with blaster fire being exchanged between the two crews - with the pirates poor coms discipline, the report from the pirates involved was confused and they were not exactly sure of how many crew members they were facing and exactly where the crew was.

After nearly 20 minutes from the initial reports of the first fire fight, the blast doors to the bridge -where the pirate command element was located - slowly was cranked open. First, a member of the other crew attempted to bluff the pirates into believing all the pirates on the cruiser were killed/captured. Unfortunately, the pirate captain had coms with his crew and knew this to be an empty bluff. As such, the pirates spread throughout the bridge, took cover and prepared to fire on the new crew when they tried to enter the bridge.

Then, surprisingly, a member of the rescue crew jumped through the partially opened blast door, burnishing a vibro sword, and challenging the pirate captain to a one on one dual. More surprisingly, the captain actually accepted the challenge and began to fight the new arrival in an honest dual. This fight, along with my excited and noisy 'play by play' of the fight, distracted the other pirates allowing the other 2 members of the rescue crew to enter the bridge. Though 1 pirate did notice them at the last second and made an ineffective shot.

Unfortunately, the main combat member of the crew assumed I was a pirate member so fired at me twice after he entered the bridge - luckily I was able to dodge and avoid his shots. Then the rest of the pirate crew began to exchange blaster fire with the 2 new arrivals - ignoring the sword dual, and fortunately me.

Rather quickly, the new arrivals blasted 3 of the pirate crew member - 2 of them rather spectacularly - the 4th remaining hidden behind cover in the shadows. Also, I was able to grab a tool, sneak up behind the pirate captain and brain him hard enough to stun him - knocking the control device of the shock/explosive collar off the pirate - thus freeing me. Strangely, instead of finishing the dual, the odd & eccentric crew member who initiated the dual backed up and allowed the stunned pirate captain to recover from the blow.

At this time , the pirate captain received panicked word that a Star Destroyer had dropped out of hyper space and was approaching the wreckage at max speed. the pirates then quickly abandoned the cruiser. However, the 3 crew members began to download computer files instead of grabbing the remainder of valuable equipment left by the pirates &/or quickly abandoning the damaged cruiser before the SD arrived - I did not know at this time they were rebel member nor that they were sent specifically to recover the files instead of salvaging equipment.

After the files were successfully downloaded the crew began to move to their tramp freighter, however, were going to a damaged and hard to traverse section of the ship. Surprisingly, they trusted me enough to follow me to a easier and quicker path to return to their ship.

Unfortunately, by the time we arrived back at their ship the adrift cruiser was being pulled into the SD's main bay. This made the emergency take off of the freighter a close run affair - resulting in significant damage to the freighter including long range comms & shields. For cover the freighter pilot dove into the nearby asteroid field while the rest of the crew - including myself - manned battle stations on the freighter (attempting to quickly repair the shields etc).

During this flight we were hailed (twice) by the SD and received a warning from a shadowy, cloaked, gold eyed Inquisitor. He first stated that if we returned what we had stolen from the wreckage he would allow us to live un harmed. Then, after we had made it through the asteroid field before we made the hyperspace jump, he called the bounty hunter by name and said we now had a powerful foe for the remainder of our short lives. Luckily we were able to make the jump into hyperspace successfully despite the extensive damage to the freighter.

We then arrived back at the rebel supply base the freighter had been dispatched from for the recovery mission. We then went through a standard post mission debriefing.

*** Here you go on our last night's game report. Tere may be errors in it and I did my best to keep it to only what my character saw/knew Wink

Forgive all spelling errors.

Last edited by lurker on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome report, lurker! 8)

I love how the other PCs attacked your character at first (assuming he was one of the pirates); that's some good playing by the players (or good work by the GM), not having 'player knowledge' interfere with/influence 'character knowledge'.

It sounds like your character interrupted the duel by attacking the captain. It sounds like the strange character (the one who initiated the duel) is just really honorable, and that is why he held off on attacking the captain when he was stunned (I realize you probably know that, and were just writing from the perspective of your PC). It's fun when PCs have qualities/quirks like this.

Anyway, it sounds like an awesome game that moved at a brisk pace and was full of some thrills and chills! Smile
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks glad you liked it ... Hope everyone else in the game liked my style of making it a 'back brief'.

As for getting shot at ... it was good role playing of the effect of a HORID roll Shocked I'll let the bounty hunter tell that story though Twisted Evil

Yeah it was a blast to be in, especially as I haven't played SW (d6 or any other version) in almost 20 years ... I can't wait till Monday to start the next game/mission!!!!

Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the one who shot him. Embarassed
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they shot the pirates. Two of them on the bridge had gaping holes blasted into them. Scorched, tan skin blackened around the blaster wounds. A fine purple mist of alien blood in the air followed by the pungent odor of burning pine nuts.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dromdarr_Alark wrote:

Yeah, but the funny part is the 'why' behind the shooting ... it HAD to be the worst perception check ever made in the history of gaming! Wink Laughing

Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lurker wrote:
Dromdarr_Alark wrote:

Yeah, but the funny part is the 'why' behind the shooting ... it HAD to be the worst perception check ever made in the history of gaming! Wink Laughing

3D Perception. Rolled 3 ones.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welllllllllllllllll ... if memory servers me, there was a '1' on the Wild Die and that removed it and the next highest die, which resulted in what ... a 2? Yeah he was definitely a bad, he HAS to be a bad guy ... right?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Welllllllllllllllll ... if memory servers me, there was a '1' on the Wild Die and that removed it and the next highest die, which resulted in what ... a 2? Yeah he was definitely a bad, he HAS to be a bad guy ... right?

Not only a 'bad guy' but an armed and dangerous one, & the ONLY one watching us sneak through the door, soooooo shoot him first Shocked Laughing

That was classic & when I saw the 1 1 1 come up on your dice roll ... my first thought was 'crud, 12 + years of no SW gaming and I get my character killed in the first 15 min of returning back to the game ... How quickly can I put together a character so I don't waste this game night ???" But, it was all good, 2 shots, 2 good dodges and then the fire moves to the actual bad guys. With an intro like that, this group HAS to stay together !!!

DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an awesome intro, lurker! Smile

shootingwomprats wrote:

If my calculator is working right...[crunchity, crunch, crunch] I believe three "1's" and take out the highest leaves you with a "1". Wink
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pen this quick letter in order to clear my thoughts, and in a way to hope that some way - if things continue to go poorly for our mission - the force may bring this to one who may care.

Some few hours ago, as we were approaching our plotted point to come out of hyperspace, our craft shuttered, boomed and then fell out of hyperspace in the gravity well of a planet. Our pilot heroically tried to gain control of the craft as it tumbled and spun towards the planet. Unfortunately, the rules of gravity (and poor luck) overwhelmed our pilot and we entered the atmosphere at a dangerous angle. This of course doomed our craft …

Our pilot hit the abandon ship alarm, and we all hurried from our battle stations to the escape pod. Fortunately, I was able to grab all our gear for the mission and get it stowed safely into the escape pod. Seconds later our technician/mechanic made it to the pod from the engine room. Then the ship shuttered once more and the screech of metal being torn and twisted was heard by all. A section of the craft fell away and burned its way through the atmosphere. Unfortunately, the section took with it a 1.5-2 meter portion of the passage way between the bridge and the escape pod.

Our bounty hunter, who had been on the bridge with the pilot, hesitated for a second, grabbed the pilot, ignited his jet pack, and rocketed across the widening hole in the ship. Unfortunately, his landing was not as graceful as it could have been … both he and the pilot bounced and careened off the bulk head and tumbled down toward the escape pod. I was able to help get them into the pod and then our mechanic hit the eject button freeing us from the doomed craft.

Our pod shuddered launched and arched away from our ship. We were able to watch the doomed craft burn and its way through the atmosphere to the point it exploded. However, the brilliant explosion sent debris flying into our safe flight path. Seconds later a resounding bang echoed through the life pod as a chuck of the ship smashed into our life pod. The pod reacted with flickering lights and a dangerously tumbling flight. Fortunately, the automatic pilot recovered the craft moments before our impact, leveling out and slowing the pod down to a 'safe' speed and landing angle. Though it was safe landing it was not a painless landing … We were all bruised and unconscious by the time the life pod came to a stop …

Sometime later, our bounty hunter recovered and began checking the life pod to see if we were all alive, and if the life pod was stable. Over the next few minutes the rest of us crawled our way to consciousness … once I made sure everyone was 'unharmed' we accounted for our gear, inventoried the survival items and donned breath masks so we could survive in the atmosphere. Then we cranked open the escape hatch (the life pod was without power) and crawled out of the pod to survey our 'landing' site.

We were in a gulley in a relative clearing in the massive jungle. Strangely (assuming it is an effect of the atmosphere and the plants that flourish here) the vegetation had a brighter hue than what is normal in jungle environments - the greens were more brighter and leaned toward blue/yellow tent. After a few minutes of surviving the crash site and the critically damaged life pod, I moved to the front of the pod to cover security and the bounty hunter climbed a nearby tree to get a view of our surrounding area.

He was able to see far enough through the surrounding jungle to see a waterfall and stream and natural pond/lake/reservoir. When he climbed back down, we decided to move toward the waterfall, and from there ??? The bounty hunter took point as we patrolled to the waterfall, I covered our 6 O'clock security, and the pilot and the mechanic were in the middle.

After we had gone about half way to the waterfall the bounty hunter halted us and got behind cover, with the rest of the party seeking cover. After a few minutes, the bounty hunter gets up and motions us to begin moving again. Soon we are at the shore of the stream below the water fall.

I began searching the area for signs of life and for prints of any predator that may be a threat to our ill fated party. At the same time, the bounty hunter moved away to practice using our soil scanner - to better support our cover story - I soon concluded that there was nothing of threat in the area *** my worst roll of a night of poor rolls on my part … a 1, a 1 & yes one more 1, what an epic failure *** However, just as I had finished searching the area, the bounty hunter notices more movement in the jungle. He turns to return back to our location, about 100 m away, to be face to face with one of the creatures stealth fully moving through the foliage. Luckily I noticed this new arrival and warned the rest of the party that we are not alone …

These creatures appear to be vegetable based life forms )looking like bipedal walking tubers with arms (which appear to be covered in fine small feathers) and long skinny 4 jointed fingers. But with no specifically discernable face or sensory organs. The tubers began to attempt to communicate to the bounty hunter - through a deep base like, thumping that is more felt than heard and is transmitted easier through the ground than through the air. The bounty hunter attempted to reply to the tubers by stomping on the ground and making deep rumbling noises. Not surprisingly, this attempt at communication was a horrid failure … However, the bounty hunter removed his glove and offered his hand to the creature, who gingerly touched it and seemed to bond with the bounty hunter despite the failed communications.

We, the rest of the party, then arrived and though keeping a neutral and unthreatening stance I moved to the side to watch the grown numbers of the tuber creatures. Also, the technician began to try an communicate with the creatures and wisely modified his data pad to act as a rudimentary and basic translation device. After some time of trial and error with communication, as he better modified the data pad, we were able to tell our basic story to the creatures and ask them if they could show us where the settlement of other humans (an Imperial agricultural experimental station - which was our target). The creature then said that he couldn't, not without permission of the 'big one'

The creatures (now about 20 of them) surrounded us and moved out to take us to their village - these creatures are tactically very experienced. They set out scouts in front of us, side security to the left and right of the patrol and even rear security. So even if they are not technologically advanced, they are not ignorant. Also, they are masters at moving through the jungle unobserved. They blend into the foliage and are all but impossible to spot. The best chance to notice one in your peripheral vision as it moves. These creatures may be a good source to use to train our rebel SOF troops and pathfinders if the Imperial presence is as minuscule as it is believed to be

Once we arrived at the creatures village we saw there were more of them (and of varied colors) than I thought there would be … The huts were 3 - 5 meters tall, and throughout the village there were totem like carvings, and various gardens, fields etc to support and feed the creatures. There was no hint of any technology in the village more advanced than 'stone age' paraphernalia. Also in the middle of the village there was one hut easily 10 plus times as large as the normal ones.

We were brought to the massive hut and inside the hut there was a tuber creature of massive size - (easily 20 meters tall). The creature reacted poorly to our arrival however, the leader of the group who had located us (and bonded with the bounty hunter) intervened and smoothed over the 'big one's' anger. - The conversation between the two was painful as the deep booming of the big one was so strong (loud would be incorrect as you can hardly 'hear' it) that it threatened to shake our teeth from our jaws …

Harris closes his eyes, asks the force to deliver this note to someone anyone who can care about the fate of this party, then tosses it into a nearby cook fire … watching the ashes lift into the jungle sky and float away

DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another awesome recap, lurker! Smile
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on dude! Those Roosterbagas are awesome!
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dromdarr_Alark wrote:
Right on dude! Those Roosterbagas are awesome!

Rgr that, very cool creature. & I think you did a great job role playing out how you'd try and talk to then via the ole 'Irish Stomp' Laughing

Quote:

Another awesome recap

Thanks glad you all like it. In a way, I'm hoping this will pull a few more players into playing over virtual table top games. Showing them this is just as (well almost as) fun as a standard face to face game. --- udge nudge hint hint to you there my frined Wink

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! Tomorrow, Mon-Dec-16 we will be doing part 2 of the Roosterbaga's. For those who would like to lurk we will be starting at 8:30 PM CST, here is the link to the hangout.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: