The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Monday Night - Google-+ Game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Monday Night - Google-+ Game Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:

.... After this adventure will have to see if I am running another one or if someone else is going to step in and run a side-trek.

Have to see what happens. Again, just a fantastic job!

Is that a hint ? 8)

I do have ideas for a side trek or 3. However, ... If these last few days with my cadets (I finally got them started in my class working on their high school credits Tuesday) is a sign. I'm in for a long row to hoe this cycle ... With that, until I can have a breather I have no free time at work to 'work' on the fun stuff like prepping an adventure ...

Thanks, glad you all like the write up.

Don't forget Reedo as a new character. DR4, he is a Rodan ... I'm not sure on his template, but it is a combat focus what ever it is. It was an 'NPC' SWR ran when he was playing and someone else in the group was running a side bar adventure. He got picked up as a PC when we had another new player join the group just to see if he liked SW D6 and the group. After a few games he has just taken Reedo over full time

Edit, I see now Reedo was on the other list ....

Forgive all spelling errors.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I understand time being an issue for you. Yes it was a subtle hint, not just to but others as well. I don't think I will offer it to Westley as I don't think I want to hit the rewind button when he is done. Unfortunately I do not have a lot of faith he could pull it off.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Only new character at this time is:

Crale Rayley: ex-Pirates Mate now working for the rebellion.

So he doesn't have any other "job" or descriptor, other than ex-pirate's mate? Is he a human?
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:
Only new character at this time is:

Crale Rayley: ex-Pirates Mate now working for the rebellion.

So he doesn't have any other "job" or descriptor, other than ex-pirate's mate? Is he a human?

I guess I need to pay more attention to my fellow character's background ... Confused

I didn't realize he had been a pirate ... I guess you need to be careful who you talk to in a bar on the wheel ... you never know what kind of fir raff you'll meet ... Laughing

Yeah he is human and has been stepping up as a maintenance kind of guy. I'm not sure what his template or character idea started out as.

lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all of you looking forward to my game recap for the week …. it fell through last night at the last minute. Someone (I won't name names, but he is the GM…..) couldn't walk down a simple flight of stairs without tripping. This lead to a tweaked out back, which lead to someone needing good muscle relaxers and pain meds, which lead someone being unable to run a game. Crying or Very sad

However, it wasn't a completely lost evening, we were able to talk to a new player who had never played D6 so explained some of the game mechanics and rules to him. Then, we had a good BS session. Plus, we got to listen to the effects of said pain meds on the unnamed someone who had hurt his back … Good times !!!! Laughing

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did get a good night sleep (alcohol and pain killers, love that combination) and woke up semi-refreshed. Back still killing and is low into the sacrum (that bone in your @$$ that keeps your guys from falling down into your knees). Its a unique type of pain. Instead of just a muscle pain this is deep, almost bone-like hurt.

I will eventually be okay. As bad as this may be right now, I can only imagine what it would have been like if I had not arrested the 10' foot dive from the top of the stairs to the floor and boxes, balance beam and other stuff that were around.

Hopefully last night I was not too much of a drunk gamer. I did enjoy the time and it was nice to get together and just chat. I stayed much longer than I expected. At the start I was hurting enough I wasn't sure I was going to stay the 30 minutes I had told myself I was going to stick through. Guess the pain meds and the Knob Creek bourbon did their magic.

Next week fellas and we will see how you handle the Inquisitorius prison.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're okay! Might have made for a really interesting night, had he decided to GM while semi-drunk/stoned. Laughing
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the back was on the mend until yesterday when the car was caught lengthwise between two ice ruts more than 5" deep. Took me over 50 minutes to get it out, had to chip away ice with an ice chipper, shovel, toss down kitty litter, salt and beat the s*** out of the tranny rocking it back and forth before I got it out.

Put out the call to two friends to come over and help me. The one showed up literally one minute AFTER I got the car out. The other within five minutes. Needless to say, back tweaked out again. Friggin sucks getting old and having a degenerative neurological disease. I remember the day when ... ahhhh never mind, it really doesn't matter.

Here's to hoping we still got game come Monday!
@swd6podcast, Twitter
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys looks like this evening is a GO. West sent me a message stating his internet is spotty but would keep me apprised. Other than it being stupidly cold where I am and a chronic issue of not being able to stay warm (*&7a8*@ing MS) we should be able to play.

If I remember correctly we were in the air exchange control room.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys (those of you on here from the party), again I appoligize for missing it. The internet was spotty all day and that ended up frying the transiever box (or something in the system) ...

I hope my missing didn't mess the game up ...

lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, to catch everything up from the last 2 weeks.

I am summarizing this from a 'back brief' from the party members who were playing last week. That said, I may put things out of order or misname who did what when. Also, It turns out that I wasn't the only one to miss the game, so the party was short handed … This had a resounding impact on the party as the 2 primary combat guys were out of pocket and the hacker was struggling with spotty coms (same bad winter weather that thumped me in OK was hitting him in Texas). So, the party was handicapped all night and the game had to be adjusted accordingly …

The party cautiously moved out from the maintenance section exploring the tunnels that make up the cell blocks. In one they find a bound prisoner and decide to free him. Unfortunately, they didn't think through the process so ended up with yet another 'tag along' NPC (we collect them like stray cats apparently). Eventually, they find the research documents and items from the Hammer head professor's work and grab it. Then, as they party was leaving, they wander into a security point.

Crael decides to sneak into the security control room and hopes to disable the 2 security guards. He is initially successful (sneaking into the room) but then things go sideways … An extended shootout and then hand to hand combat breaks out between the 2 guards and the 4 party members (there must have been some Harrises rolled for 4 guys to be that held up by 2 guards for that long) … Eventually, one of the guards is shot down and out of action and the other is … jumped and beat to death (earning someone a point of corruption, but I'm not sure who the guilty party member was on this). The wounded party does its best to get everyone back close to operational (without my amazing medic skills to help them out I might add !!!!) , and then limps out of the prison back into the tunnels.

To cover their escape, Akeyro (I think) sets a charge of explosives up to collapse the tunnel and keep the party from being pursued . They then take a breather and wait till the approving security team arrives. When it does, Boooooom no more security team (which included a medic - much to Akeyro's dismay) no more tunnel and a safe passage back out to the ruins.

The party then limps its way out back to their beloved 'Flying Turtle' - note the party was so beat up that they were graciously given free passage back out of the tunnels through the ruins and to the ship without bumping into any of the inhabitants of the ruins and their 'wolves' …

Now for last night … Due to unforeseen events, we were not able to game, but we did have a great BS session. Mostly, which is the best/better horror movies (Mouth of Madness had a strong showing), what TV shows are good (go figure there was a lot of sci fy mentioned, but also a lot of 'hard science shows too). I put in a plug for one of my personal favorites "Dude, your screwed" . Then there was a good talks about various 'B' zombie/Korean etc movies.

lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the flying turtles easily cruised through hyperspace the party settled down to all the odds and ends they have been working on. Elo and Harris going over medic and medical skills (so that Elo can eventually work on his own prosthetic arm), Akeyro on station in the flight deck, and the others were … well doing what they do …

Suddenly, warning lights began to blink on the flight consol, one after another and then a warning siren rings out … then the turtle is forcefully pulled out of hyperspace!

Akeyro, cursing looks out the view screen and sees what he and the crew have always feared meeting on the numerous runs and missions we have been making for the Rebellion. An Interdictor, 2 Star Destroyers, and patrols of TIEs. Luckily, he quickly realizes that we are not alone with the Imperials, the communication net is full as the Interdictor gives commands to multiple civilian ships of various sizes.

Akeyro turns the turtle to fly to the growing line of craft that are preparing to be boarded and searched, and gives the command to us to get ready. The command was unneeded though, as we had all already headed off to our battle stations … Elo running up to the cockpit to assist Akeyro on sensors and shields, Harris and Raye manning gun the ships 2 turrets, and Crael going back to engineering for damage control.

Then, Akeyor seeing a way out of the predicament, a distant asteroid field, turns the turtle's nose to safety and lets her run at full speed! Surprisingly, with Akyero's piloting abilities, we are able to make it to the asteroid field just ahead of the perusing TIEs and before the Star Destroyers' guns get our range.

Akeyro slows the craft to a more manageable speed as he enters the field of tumbling asteroids, while Elo shifts the shields to full rear in preparation of the TIEs soon to come shots. Raye and Haris setting in the turrets continue to scan. Raye is the first to call out that he has visual and fires, scoring a grazing but little effective hit on his target. Harris soon call out and fires but misses completely. The TIEs then open up on the turtle, but Elo's shield control limited the damage significantly.

Akeyro continues to fly the turtle beyond what anyone would have expected the large ungainly hunk of metal to be able to do. Also he is able to not only avoid the flying chunks of debris in the asteroid field but use them as shields to keep the TIEs at bay and making more ineffective shots. Then Raye finally connects with a TIE and sends it spiraling into a nearby asteroid. Harris with his target out of range fires ahead of it into a nearby rock sending debris flying into its flight path. Causing the craft to miss its shot and break off its attack run. The TIE then disappears into the expanse of the asteroids, presumable setting up for another attack run.

However, the turtle surprisingly flies into a void space, and area clear of asteroids - well clear except for the large asteroid (almost a small planetoid) in the general center of the clearing. Now without the cover of the asteroids, the turtle's only hope is speed.

Unfortunately, the turtle's speed is easily out matched by the TIE fighter, no wait … 2, 3, 4 Fighters … coming in to the clearing. The TIES leap out and spread to the flanks of the slower moving turtle shaped freighter.

Raye and Harris open up, but yelling "they are moving too fast" , "I don't have a shot", "Watch it" miss entirely. The TIEs swoop in like a pack of hyenas, one from the port and going high, one from the starboard and going low and 2 from the 6 o'clock and cutting out. Multiple shots rain in on the turtle and unsurprisingly, some pound through the shields and armor of the freighter. Crael gets to work immediately to try and limit the damage to the system but fears the hyper drive and ion drives have both taken hits. With this Elo switches to communications control to jam the TIEs coms so that they will be less effective in coordinating their gun runs.

As the TIEs set up for the next gun run, Raye continued to fire off at the fast moving targets, still missing them. However, Harris, remembering his combat training decides to stop acting like a novice gunner and treats it like a gunner's ambush. Knowing the TIEs will again track in on the 6, he sets up and fires … crossing the T on one of the TIEs. Turning it into a sparking mass of smoking metal corkscrewing and plummeting into a distant asteroid. Harris then begins to advise Raye on how to lead the TIEs and score more hits, but is interrupted by Elo's cry of "No, turn around, turn NOW!"

As the gunners had been focused on the TIEs Elo had swung the scanners around to the rapidly approving asteroid in the middle of the clearing. Expecting to find a place to land and hide from the TIEs, a ravine, cave, or something. That or at least a canyon to fly into to limit the TIEs attack runs. However, … Elo found 2 energy sources powering up, 2 sources resembling gun batteries. Gun batteries that are turning up toward the Turtle and the remaining 3 TIEs.

Akeyro, hearing his co-pilot's warning attempts to turn the turtle on a dime. Unfortunately, the attempt failed. Instead of changing course, he successfully puts his freighter into a flat spin sliding toward the asteroid. Also sliding the freighter into TIE that had set up to make a gun run down the slower craft.

Raye yells and curses as one of the TIE's solar panels strikes the starboard side of the freighter just fore of his gun, then the TIE tumbles its way across the back of the freighter and spirals its way, out of control, back towards the distant asteroids.

Akeyro scrambles to regain control of the freighter as the rest of the crew continue to fill their stations (gunners swinging to get shots at the reaming TIEs, etc). However, before anyone can react blaster shots streak up from the asteroid. Destroying the out of control TIE that the freighter had just sent tumbling and the TIE setting up to take a run at Harris' side of the turtle.

Harris surprised, yells out "Who took that shot, There is someone else out here, I'm not tracking!" (not knowing that there are batteries on the asteroid). The batteries open up a second time, now shooting at the lone fleeing TIE, and with their combined fire arc's destroying it before it could make it back to the asteroid. Akeyro now having the ship under control and stable pulls the flight yoke up and back and give the turtle's engine power.

Crael calls up to the cockpit, from engineering, giving a quick overview of the damage the ship has taken, Hyperdrive, questionable, Ion engines 50%, shields degraded, and other more minor issues in various systems. This decides the matter, we can't run … we have to land on the asteroid, hide, and attempt to make repairs. Hearing this Raye heads back to engineering to help …

Akeyro, noses the turtle over, as Elo searches for a good landing site, AWAY from the gun batteries . As the ship approaches he makes a minor adjustment to the flight path, but …. the ship is unresponsive. Akeyor and Elo, in near unison yell out 'tractor beam' … Akeyro powers the damaged engines up and attempts to break the beams hold on the turtle. The ship shutters and shakes. Then, Harris scanning for any approaching TIEs sees, in horror, sparks and an explosion from the aft of the ship. He instantly yells "Power it down! Stop! we have a fire! shut it down!!!"

In the engine room, sparks and smoke erupt from what appears every system … Raye grabs the fire extinguisher and begins to put the fires out, as the power is shut down from the flight deck. Crael views the damage and calmly pulls out his blaster and heads to the flight deck to discus proper wear and care procedures on a space freighter …

The tractor beam pulls the stricken freighter down into a dark, shadow veiled landing platform, recessed in an alcove of a deep canyon. The team member quickly argue about what to do … "Hit the floods" Harris - "Noooooo darkness is our friend in here". "But we can't see" … Harris - "No we can hide in the dark" … "But there might be something out there" … Harris - "But there WILL be more TIEs looking for us, and they WILL see our lights" … "Ok, lets turn off all the lights" … Raye - "wait. what lights … wont it be dark down here … do I have all the fires out???" … "Oh, ok cockpit lights only" (Harris failed to realize that didn't turn off the lights in his turret, sooooo he was the lone sniper bait left out dangling …)

Crael, standing at the door to the flight deck listening to the argument - and cooling off, without a word turns and goes to get into a 0-g/vac suit. Then the team sets and waits … 5 minutes pass and nothing. Harris gets out of the turret and goes to grab a vas suit (then realizing he had been setting in the only visible light) and mutters "Hay … , thanks guys" … 10 minutest pass, nothing … (… & Harris now in their suits and getting gear ready) 15 minutes pass, still nothing.

Eventually, the party decides exactly who is going to do what Crael, Raye, and Harris and will go check the landing area and see if they can find anything and see if they can figure out what is going on to control the tractor beam and gun batteries. Elo will go out and check the damage to the ship. Akeyro will begin a full diagnostic of the internal damages.

Crael, Raye & Harris move out (in the loosest sense of the word and there is 0 gs …) tethered to each other and safetied to the ship. Crael & Raye struggle a little to adapt to the 0 G movement, but are fair at moving in the nonexistent gravity and the vacuum of space. However, Harris takes to it like a fish in water! The group explores around the landing area - as far as their tether allows them to. and discover an improved landing area with benches and work areas carved out of the surface of the asteroid, tools and even abandoned half eaten food floating around where it was left in a hurry. Then they find a stair case going up the side of the ravine wall. Harris checks the stability of the guard rail and makes sure it will be an effective safety point. He then released the safety from the ship and reattached it to the guard rail. Pointing into the darkness above the three move up the stairs.

Meanwhile, Elo, scrambling and floating along the top of the freighter , inspects the ship. By the time the others had finished checking the landing platform, found the stairs, and headed up to the upper entrance deck, Elo had found significant - but repairable - damage to the hyperspace coupling system and catastrophic - unrepeatable without finding replacement parts - damage to the # 3 Ion drive vent/port. There was also minor damage to the hull from the impacts of the tumbling TIE fighter, and carbon scoring from the TIEs' shots. However, they were all minor surface damages and of little concern in the big picture. Satisfied with his check, he heads back to the air lock to go in and start helping Akeyro on the internal damages.

At the top of the stairs, the 3 find a closed and powerless door, but are able to open it enough to squeeze through. The find themselves in a landing deck control room, with all the associated items in it (all without power). At the back of the room the find a closed and sealed blast door, also without power. Before the team attempted to open the blast doors, Harris thought it best to close the door to the landing platform. "In case there is atmosphere behind the blast door. I'm sure we don't want to be in here if we open the blast door and the atmosphere rushes into here and then out the other door".

However, he was unable to mussel the door closed (yes I roll a Harris on my strength check … 3D+2 & I end up with a total of a 3 …). Raye and Harris both put their shoulder into it a second time and the door slides shut … sealed we aren't sure of … With the door closed, Crael goes to work using Raye's stun grenade as a power source to open the blast doors. They silently (we are in a vacuum remember) slide open revealing a darkened, atmosphereless hall way.

With that, it was a great stopping place, I had to get some sleep (so I could be up and ready to teach my cadets starting at 0800). Plus it is a great moment of suspense …

lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris, with trembling hands, drops heavily into the crew's mess area couch. Panting and gasping and gulping anything cool he could get his hands on. Knowing that soon, the nausea would keep him from holding down the much needed liquids.
A dark little voice in the back of his mind screaming, "YOU ARE DEAD" Grimly, the voice in his more controlled part of his mind agrees, but then cautions "It doesn't matter, we all will die. What matter is HOW you finish your life in those last moments!" With that, Harris decides that the right decision for his friends will not be made if they know, so he steadies himself forces himself to set straighter, and close his eyes.

His mind goes back a short hour.

Harris, Raye & Crael float through the landing bay control room. Harris checking to see if there are any signs of combat or troubles to explaining why the power is down &/or why the asteroid station was abandoned. However, no matter how hard he looked, he found nothing to give any light to the questions. While Harris looked around the room, Raye tried to access the computer terminal. A futile attempt as the power was completely off in this area.

However, where those 2 failed, Crael was successful. He found the power caballing and also was able to trace it back out of the room and into the conduit in the landing bay.

The group had no better idea than to try and back track it to the base's power source. But before they left, Harris called back to the rest of the team on the ship - who were busily starting repairs on the stricken craft. Harris gives them a quick rundown of what they found (or failed to find) and then asks for a list of pieces parts etc that they need to look for to help in the repairs as they search the area.

Then, the team retethered, went back out into the vast dark landing bay. Crael tracing the conduit across the bay's ceiling, Harris acting as the group's belay and safety, and Raye helping where he could (but being only so effective as he continued to have troubles physically dealing with the effects of 0G).

The conduit ended in the far wall, with no door seen in the teams limited lights. With that, the three spread out as much as possible - remaining tethered in fear of losing control and floating out the far end of the bay into open space. Harris soon spots a slight blinking glow in the deep gloom of the cavernous landing bay. A computer terminal with at least minimal power. (He also saw landing gear under at least 2 tarp covered masses around the landing bay). He calls out to the team to let them know he found something.

Raye, and Crael float over to see what they could do. Quickly Raye has it powered up and is excitedly planning on how to power up the systems, what order to power them up in etc. But, before he can start the process, Harris cautions him to wait. "The power is off for some reason! We don't know why. IF we turn it on bad things we are not ready for may happen. Let's look a little more before you start that"

Raye, unhappily relents and stays at the computer terminal as Harris and … spread out searching again. Harris, more lucky than normal, finds a closed blaster door marked "Reactor, Authorized Personnel Only". Smirking a bit at his unusual luck, he calls out to Crael . "Found it".

The two spend some time working on opening the lock, and between their tries the door slides open. All the while, Raye has been filling the radio with "Guys, can I start yet" "What is taking so long" "Guys come on" "I can get the power up from hear at any time" … … …

The door slides open, to a fully operational and running reactor!

Crael looks in at the reactor and shrugs "Looks like it is good to me". Harris, always cautious still thought something wasn't right. "Lets me check it out for a minute or two". Then he floats, blinkingly, into the glowing room. A quick look around and he sees a maintenance hatch in the ceiling, work stations around the room, and a powered and running computer terminal.

Harris kicks of the wall and glides over to the terminal, catching a hold and sees what he can see. A few key strokes and "Guys, I guess hanging out with you Raye has taught me a thing or 2 … I'm in the system" … "Hmmmm let me see … Warning, That can't be good"

Raye, "Ok, can I power up stuff now". In a second I can have lights up, power to the doors, and even gravity (maybe all life support)"

Harris "No, wait, it is saying that power is rerouted and life support turned off due to something being wrong in the reactor. Maybe reactor room, I'm not sure… Whatever it is something"

Harris is cut off, as the blast doors slam shut!
The next few seconds are confusing and chaotic. Harris asking who did what and someone needs to open the door. Crael asking Harris what he had done in there and why he closed the door, both talking over each other.

Crael starts to try and open the magnetic lock on the blast doors while Harris looks for an emergency override on the inside. Neither are successful. Raye, then begins to power up the base's systems. Harris, despite the chaos, hears this and gives another warning. Crael tells him to only power up the doors (and close the landing bay door (so we aren't worried about floating into outer space), power up the lights, and then open the reactor door. Harris reiterates, "NO LIFE SUPPORT, we don't know why it was turned off!"

Soon the bay door closes and lights slowly flicker on, but the reactor door stubbornly stay shut. Raye, begins to move to help the panicked Crael. Once he gets across the landing bay, he sets to work to open the reactor doors, but surprisingly he too is unable to get the doors to open.

Harris, beginning to feel the effect of the radiation decides his best hope is to go for the maintenance access hatch. He lines up to push off the wall, and then, The hatch drops open quickly followed by a droid torso and head (and a blaster rifle). Harris easily dodges the first blaster bolt, and pushes to some cover . Soon after he is exchanging fire with the droid (and making sure to aim high and not come close to hitting the reactor), and calling out a warning over the radio to the rest of the team.

As Harris lined up to jump for the hatch, Raye, in his excitement, decides the tool they need is a plasma torch. So, he hurriedly pushes off to go look for one. However, forgetting he is still in 0G, he slams into a table, begins to spin and cart wheel into another, and then smashes into the floor and skips and tumbles along until he can grab a hold and stop himself (renching his shoulder in the process). Once he gets to his feet, he calls out over the radio that he was heading to the ship (as the hatch in the reactor opened and Harris begins his shoot out with the droid). He then gingerly floats toward the ship. Unfortunately, his moaning from the shoulder pain drowns out Harris' warning, so he quietly floats in front of 5 viper droids who quickly fire upon the easy target. Most shots missing, but 1 hits hard enough to drop Raye in his tracks. (As it is 0G, he is floating in a slow spin below the ship in front of the loading ramp)

Crael sees this and has a decision to make, keep working on the door no one can open, or go get Raye onto the ship. He pushes off and quickly closes the distance. Blaster bolts streak around him, but his quick movements keep him safe and unharmed.

Harris, still behind cover, after 3 or 4 shots finally hits the droid square between the 'eyes'. dropping it then and there. However, Harris is now feeling the effects of the radiation. He knows he has to move! He pushes off and flies toward the open hatch. However, in his haste, he forgot he had his blaster pistol drawn and in hand. As he glides through the hole, he knocks the blaster out of his hand sending it spiraling away (yes I rolled a 1 on the wild dice and barely high enough to make it through the hatch). He was barely able to spin around and grab it before it floated out of reach (on this roll however, I got a 6 on the wild dice and high numbers on the other dice. fickle luck at her finest!).

Crael grabs the unconscious and floating body of Raye and pushes off to the loading ramp. Once he gets on the ramp, the ship's artificial gravity takes effect and he is able to run up the ramp, again, avoiding the blaster bolts. Crael lays Raye at the top of the ramp and goes to find the blaster carbines Harris has in the ships armory, Akeyro closes the ramp, and takes a pot shot at the droids that speed toward the closing ramp. Elo grabs a first aid kit and sets to work to save Raye from rapidly approaching death. Once Raye is stable and recovered enough to not be on death's door, Elo leaned down and whispered "If you ever make fun of me again, … I will let you die next time" *** There has been some role playing between the two to lead to that ***

Harris, now panting and feeling the full effects of the time he spent in the reactor area, pushes himself along the maintenance access passageway and continuously makes com checks with the team. However, the conduit, caballing, and thick walls makes the radio less than effective. After a few minutes, he comes to an access hatch that overlooks the landing bay. Looking down he sees the Ship, surrounded by the 5 droids, lift off and begin to move toward the far end of the hanger (to the end where the reactor door is). Harris, now that he is in line of sight with the ship, makes another coms call and actually makes it through. Letting them know he is out of the reactor, and directs them to the side of the bay he is above. Once the ship is in position, he slides open the access hatch, pushes off to vector onto the top of the ship. Lands, works his way to the dorsal access hatch, opens it, and drops down into the ship's gravity.

He stumbling works his way to the ships mess, flops down and shutters from the radiation poisoning. As a medic, guestemation his life is now measured out to 8 - 10 more hours. Knowing, the team must decide whether to run for it now in hopes to make it to a sick bay in time to save him despite the damage to the ship and the station's defenses, or to stay here, secure the area, make the repairs to the ship, turn off the tractor beam and station's defenses, but not have the time to save him.

After Harris listens to the little voices, the choice is easy. His eyes open and he sets up more straightly as he hears the crew (sans Raye who is unconscious and in is rack) hurry into the mess hall. Brushing away Elo's attempts to start checking his health. Taking one more drink he starts

"Guys, yeah I'm banged up a bit and not at 100%, but it is no worse that a hard night on shore leave, I'll be ok…" "Now, we have to" and the planning starts.

lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hasty plan was put together around the ships mess table. As three of the crew members (Reedo, Crael & Harris) suited up to head back out into the 0G atmosphereless station, Raye awoke and stumbled his way into the mess. He was quickly briefed on what the team planned. Elo would take control of the ship and maneuver it around the landing bay. If possible, he would squish the droids as he transverse the landing bay. Akeyro, and now that Raye was quasi functional, would act as spotters from the side turrets. The rest of the team would go top side of the ship, check to make sure there were no droids that had made it up there, act as spotters from the top for Elo, and snipe the droids if able.

For once Harris' plan actually worked (more or less). The three top side had no issue clearing the top of the ship and making sure no droid had been up there and done any new damage to the ship. They actually moved in the 0G conditions surprising well, even Harris as he began to suffer the effects of the long exposure to the high dose of radiation. Amazingly, Reedo took to 0G like he was bore to it!

Elo, as he drifted the ship sideways even severely damaged a droid as it was slow to dodge out of the replusor lift field. Also, Akeyro and Raye called out directions and corrections.

The 3 up top made it back to the nose of the ship, and then the unexpected. Reedo, unhooking from the tether and pushed himself halfway down the side of the ship. Then set up to start firing at the droids trying to avoid being smashed by Elo. (This gave him a better shot, but left him exposed to return fire). Reedo fires first damaging one droid, Crael fires next and damages a second. Harris braces himself and fires off at one of the damaged droids. However, with his radiation sickness he was too blurry eyed and unstable to make the long shot with his pistol. With this Harris decides the best thing he can do is watch and make sure there were no surprises, and to act as the coms link between those shooting and Elo as he pilots. This continued for a minute or 2 as Reedo and Crael dropped the droids they had already shot. Then Crael's carbine jams. Harris seeing this shooter stop firing pops up and give suppressing fire to keep the droids busy and unable to take an easy shot at his 2 friends

Elo, from the cockpit sees the droids and has an idea. They HAVE to be communicating, so he begins to jam their coms. Then he has another idea, pivot the ship around in the bay. That will give the shooters up top a better line of fire and clear the ship's 6. Unfortunately, at this time Akeyro and Raye begin to talk about using grenades in the fire fight. That lead to Raye leaving his observation point and going and search the ship for any spare grenades (like any of us would have had a grenade and left it laying there collecting dust).

Then as Crael get the carbine up and function again, again Reedo surprises ever one. He pushes off the ship and rockets down toward the last function droid on the starboard side of the ship. Harris calls out to Elo to stop drifting toward that side (luckily Elo was pivoting toward the other direction). Just then, Elo comes dangerously close to one of the smaller starships under the tarps with the tail end of the ship. Fortunately, his expert piloting feathered the repulsors and kept from damaging either our turtle or the smaller ship as it passed under the ships rear.

Reedo, rockets down toward the droid (who was focused on avoiding Harris' covering fire and trying to get a shot at Crael) and fires once in mid air (well, no atmosphere so 'air isn't the right word, but you get the meaning) knocking the droid back on its heels. Then completing his 0G enhanced jump grabbed onto the damaged droid and fires into its head at point blank range (of course disintegrating the poor droids head right then and there!) Crael, seeing Reedo's foolhardy attack, follows suit and pushes off the top of the ship and heads down to give his friend cover from fore of the ship.

By now Raye has finished his fruitless search for grenades, and began to suit up to go out into the 0g landing bay. Elo finishing his pivot, and hearing Harris call out that all the visible droids are down, lands the turtle . He then lets Akeyro know that he doesn't need him in the turret any more and that he can go out and help finish clearing the landing bay (he is quick to be ready as he was already in his suit and only has to grab his helmet and catch head down to the landing ramp to catch up with Raye). Elo then begins to cycle the ship's landing and search lights to splash the dark recessed corners of the bay to help Reedo and Crael search for the remaining 2 droids. By now Raye and Akeyro are suited up and ready to disembark. Raye hesitates at the end of the ramp, dreading - yet again - going into 0G and again getting into a fire fight and getting shot at (This is justifiable, he is still wounded and suffering nearly as badly as Harris). Akeyro encourages his hesitant friend and steps out of the gravity field of the ship into the 0G bay, moving his way toward Crael and Reedo.

Harris, remaining atop the ship, keeps a high over watch for the party, and lets Raye know that the area around the maintenance terminal is clear. Then out of the corner of his eye sees blaster fire. Reedo shooting into the dark recesses of a side passage way. Harris calls out to everyone and pushes of down he length of the ship to get a good view of the area Reedo is shooting in. However, in his haste and suffering from the effects of the radiation sickness, he loses his grip and ends up struggling to keep from floating from the top of the ship and was unable to help spot from his vantage point.

Crael and Akeyro both move through the bay to go and help Reedo. Crael moving along the wall but Akeyro, surprisingly and amazingly, pushed off the floor and to the bay's ceiling to cover the over watch position (He made an amazing roll for his 0G movement!). Unfortunately, this put him in poor range for his limited blaster skills and his lackluster blaster range. As such he focused on providing covering fire to keep the droids ducked behind cover so that Reedo and Crael could move to better firing positions. Also, from his position, Akeyro could see that there was 2 droids in the room and able to call the information out to the rest of the team. Between the 3 of them, the firefight is a short affair resulting in 2 smoking heaps of droid parts and one team member stranded on the ceiling trying to figure out how to safely push off toward the floor without ending in a humiliating crash landing.

Once everyone is settled and the remainder of the bay checked to make sure there were no more droids lurking about, the team splits up. Harris and Raye begin checking the terminal to see what they can find out about the leak in the reactor (Harris assuming the shielding is down) and not only what is wrong but why. Elo Akeyro and Crael begin to search under the tarps etc - finding a total of 6 Y wings all appearing to be in working order, but completely powered down and cold,. Reedo sets up a make shift barricade in front of the door that the droids came out from and ambushed Raye from. The door is locked now but he wants to make sure that he has cover when the droids come out again …

Raye, with a few key strokes, finds out that some 3 years ago the reactor was put into standby mode. However, 3 weeks later there was critical hard error that resulted in life support atmospherics gravity etc being shut off. Unfortunately, he couldn't get any further information from that terminal. Harris suggests going to the landing bay control room to try that terminal. As the 2 move out Raye notices Harris is beginning to look a little worse for wear and asks for someone else to come with the. Akeyro pushes off from the Y wing he was checking out to follow. As he catches up he grabs Harri's shoulder to keep him from losing balance in the 0g. Unfortunately, once the three make it into the control room, they find the entire ATC system shut down. This results in it taking over 15 minutes just to get the system up and running.

In the mean time Elo and Crael check the rest of the bay finding a spare parts and tool store room (from which Elo believes he can salvage the parts needed to repair the team's damaged ship). They also look around up a passage way and find the air lock to the upper outer surface of the asteroid - assuming it is for the gun batteries or the external station sensors.

Once Raye has the ATC system up and running, he first pulls up a map of the base (finding out that it is more extensive than the team thought and that there were 3 floors above them and one below. He then pulls up a more complete log and gets more information about the reactor error. Finding out that it cannot be reset from a terminal that is will have to be repaired from inside the reactor room. This sets Crael and Elo of to search for radiation suits. After a bit of time, they find 3 suits (behind the locked door Reedo had been guarding, and down the passage way - they also find that the passage way down toward the lower level back up command and control room collapsed and is impassable). Unfortunately, Elo calls out. "We have 3 suits, but the droids have cut them up and they may not be usable."

That comment sparks something in the back of Harris' radiation sickness clouded mind … "Hey, these droids they are basic low end models … they wouldn't just cut up the suits. Something HAD to tell them to do it …" That causes the team to pause and think for a moment, until the next wave of sickness hits him and causes him to collapse onto the desk next to the terminal. Akeyro checking on him sees that not only does he look rough, he has a deep purple bruise on his shoulder where Akeyro had held him earlier to keep him from tripping. This puts new urgency on the situation. …

Over the next hour and half, Raye continues to dig through the ATC system looking for anything that may shed more light on the why behind the radiation leak - finding very little more useful information from the ATC system. Elo and Crael get to work on patching together 2 working rad suits. Eventually, Harris catches his breath and suggest that if there isn't anything more useful here in the ATC system, then let's move over to a reactor control terminal … After some debate as to which site would be best, Harris point out that crossing the entire station and going up to the 3rd floor or trying to find a possible back way into the lower level's back up C&C room - with the main passage way collapsed - and not knowing if there are more droids may be a bit much all things considered. And, that the room that actually overlooks the reactor that Elo and Crael will have to go in to do the repairs may be the best choice …

The three move off - with Harris in the middle now that the radiation sickness is making even moving in 0g a taking effort, as Elo and Crael start to wrap up the repairs on the second rad suit. The three make it to the reactor control room and Harris pushes himself over to the control room windows and checks the reactor below. He calls out to Elo that they have eyes on into the reactor and that the room is clear. He then turns to begin checking the room for booby traps "If something or someone purposely sabotaged the reactor, they could booby trap up here. I wo…. " and Harris passes out before he could finish the sentence. This puts Akeyro and Raye into a near panic! They are easily - thanks to the 0G - able to get him into a seat before he collapses and further injures himself (Yes I dreaded hearing the words 'make a stamina check' by the time the night was over …).

Harris comes to surprised to be setting and hears Raye telling Akeyro to try and get me to the sick bay. I was able to argue back " it wouldn't do any good. We are in 0G and in no atmosphere. I would have to be put n a bacta tank … there is no way to get me out of my suit, open the tank, and get me into it and keep me alive in said 0g and no atmosphere conditions. Our first and only priority right now is to get the reactor fixed. and then get life support up. Then we can get me to sick bay and hope they have a working bacta tank. With that, you need to find out what you can from here in this system."

This refocuses Raye on getting into the reactor control system and see what new information is in it. Quickly, Raye is able to pinpoint exactly what the problem is. a power coupler was removed from the converter in power link B. He is even able to get the part details and relay it to Elo and Crael before they suit up and leave the ship.

Elo thinks that the power coupler linking the ship's turrets to the main power system may work as a replacement and hurriedly removes the part from the ship's starboard gun. Then he and Crael suit up and head over to the reactor.

Elo calls over the coms to have one of the 3 in the control room to power down the reactor as much as possible, to limit their exposure (not trusting his patchwork rad suit). Akeyro attempts to but isn't sure if he did it correctly, he is sure he didn't increase power at least. Crael and Elo go straight to the power linkage B and see an open maintenance panel and a power coupler thrown aside. They debate for a second or 2 about using that one or the one they salvaged from their ship. Elo decides to use the one from the ship, knowing that it was fully operational when they removed it - despite the fact that Crael points out that it doesn't look to be an exact match for the removed part and that it may not be set to handle the larger load from this size of reactor. A quick fitting and a few terns of screws later and the power coupler is in place. The two stand up and look at each other and begin to smile, then, POP … all is darkness, something somewhere blew out …

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post. If the game was half as good as it reads, then we had a LOT of roleplaying last night. Good job guys, its a privilge to GM for you guys.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: