The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

droids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> droids Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luna.wolves
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: droids Reply with quote

So I'm running a game with most of the players as droids. How long can they tend to be active before they need to recharge? And how long would they need to recharge?
Centinull
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They last as long as convenient for the story Very Happy

There is no official time limit. It would be different for each droid. It's assumed in any place that has droids they simply recharge during down time.

Unless your droid characters are stranded out in the middle of no where, it shouldn't be an issue.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What era are they in? Droid rights have not been something that imo would allow for a lot of adventure.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a unique and interesting idea! Sounds like a lot of fun! 8)
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: droids Reply with quote

luna.wolves wrote:
And how long would they need to recharge?

It depends, are you running Blue Tooth and WiFi? Do you have their screen settings set for an energy conservation or brightness?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Laughing

Carry on. )
luna.wolves
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Centinull.

garhkal they are in the empire era.

DougRed4 I'm trying to come up with ideas for the hidden society that exists for droids. Not necessarily and underground railroad (I already have that worked out.) but hidden byways and things that droids would know about but not inform owners or other meatbags.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luna.wolves wrote:

DougRed4 I'm trying to come up with ideas for the hidden society that exists for droids. Not necessarily and underground railroad (I already have that worked out.) but hidden byways and things that droids would know about but not inform owners or other meatbags.

A "hidden railroad" like setting might work assuming all these droids were 'self aware AND could avoid memory wipes, as well as being considered 'slaved to a humanoid master' on most worlds.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it the "Hidden Railroad" is staffed by discarded MSE Droids and R5 Units.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like an awesome campaign. I would love to play.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting question, but ultimately just as relevant (or irrelevant) as when living characters eat, drink, sleep and perform other bodily functions. This is the sort of thing that happens in the periphery of a campaign / story line, and generally only moves to center stage to drive the story along.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
A "hidden railroad" like setting might work assuming all these droids were 'self aware AND could avoid memory wipes, as well as being considered 'slaved to a humanoid master' on most worlds.

Unless the droids in question found a sympathetic organic to aid them. Case in point: Zuckuss and 4-LOM are an Empire-era bounty hunter team. 4-LOM is, iirc, an independent, free droid working with Zuckuss because their goals are aligned. I think there was a plot hook for them of needing a good deal of money, and figured their chances were better if they partnered up.

The point is, if they have an organic to serve as their mouthpiece when needed, their desires are much more likely to be seen to favorably. The other best option, as I see it right now, would be for the droids to fabricate an organic for whom they are simply running 'errands.' Best way to accomplish that, however, would be to have an espionage droid as part of the party, or even at the very least as an NPC.
luna.wolves
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so any thoughts on a drink that droids could consume? Spark was mentioned to me by one of my players. Its from Futurama.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try "Flush" it bonds to impurities and degraded lubricants making them sink in to the sump, then you top off with fresh Lube, almost as good as a full lubricant change.

then theirs this bootlegged stuff wiped up by WD-40, a de-weting and degreaser agent, a few squirts the boards and you get a bit funky wile it arks over the registers.
Corise Lucerne
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking into costs or maintenance that a player droid would incur, consider oil baths. They're supposed to given to them twice a season according to Cynabar's, costing anywhere between 50 to 1000 credits depending on the droid model.
Tinman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luna.wolves wrote:

You might get some inspiration from Kligson's Moon, which you can find detailed in Cynabar's. It might be called a droid haven. It's actually the creation of a cyborged, misanthrope war veteran who's decided he prefers the company of droids to organics. There's also a lot of information in that book relating to cultural perception of droids and the finer points of playing a droid PC, and a couple of droid rights organizations (set up by sympathetic organics.)

There was one amusing character, who got referred to as the "crazy droid lady," in one of our games years ago who'd managed to amass a menagerie of old droids and treated them like pets. She was a rich old Corellian living in an outskirts mansion who'd actually hired the characters to find one of her little darlings which had gone missing. I would imagine it's not an unheard of phenomenon for slightly nutty organics to become "droid collectors" (sort of a cross between cat collectors and compulsive hoarders.) Becoming involved with one of these might be a mixed blessing for a "free" droid however. (There was one little quest in the KOTOR game involving a woman who'd become overly attached to her droid.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: