The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fairly new to SWRPG, would like some information, please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Fairly new to SWRPG, would like some information, please.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calaash
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Fairly new to SWRPG, would like some information, please. Reply with quote

I have GM'd other games in the past and have recently switched over to Star Wars for a change of pace. I am familiar with the rules and would like some info on some topics.

First, if anyone has developed stats for the vehicles and species of the prequel series of movies for Star Wars, i.e. Gungans, Zabraxans, Tiderians, Jedi Starfighters, etc., it would be most appreciated for the campaign I plan on running.

And, a most modest request for anyone who has info leading to the stats, and possible acquisiton, of Mandoloran armor (if I got it right) which is the armor I think that Jango/Boba Fett wore in the Star Wars movies.

Thank you for your attention and happy gaming.

***ADMIN NOTE*** moved to the 'House Rules' forum
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I refer you to this great site:

http://www.verminary.com/rebellion/

There you'll find lots of conversions from d20 to D6 of most of the prequels stuff. Just do some search over there. Unfortunately the site seems to have been abandoned for quite a while, which is a great pity.

Also, if you don't find what you need there, you can ask me anytime. I have tons of stats and info which I intend to put on a site eventually...

For now, here's Boba Fett's armor:

Boba Fett’s Armor
Model: Modified Mandalorian battle armor
Type: Modified personal battle armor
Cost: Not for sale
Availability: Unique
Basic Suit: Provides +4D to Strength for physical attacks, +3D for energy attacks. Covers head, torso and arms. No Dexterity penalities.
Wrist Lasers: 5D damage, uses armor weapons skill, ranges: 3-5/25/50.
Rocket Dart Launcher: 6D damage, uses missile weapons skill,
ranges 3-5/10/25, poison tipped (causes 5D damage for five rounds). Can use alternative poisons and stun serums.
Turbo-Projected Grappling Hook: 20 meter lanyard, uses missile
weapons skill (ranges 0-3/10/20), magnetic grappling "hook".
Flame Projector: 5D damage, uses amour weapons skill, creates cone 1 meter wide, variable one to five meters long.
Concussion Grenade Launcher: Grenades cause 6D damage over a five meter blast radius. Uses missle weapons skill, ranges are 1-250/350/500, magazine carries 20 grenades.
Jet Pack: Has a move of 100 meters horizontally, 70 meters vertically. Uses jet pack operation skill, base difficulty is easy, modified by obstacles. Has 20 charges, can expend up to two per round.
Sensor Pod: +2D to search.
Infrared/Motion Sensor: Integrated infrared and motion sensor adds +1D to perception in darkness or with moving objects ahead and to both sides.
Macrobinoculars: Add +3D to perception or search for objects 100-500 meters away. Scomp-linked into blaster rifle; reduces range two levels (for example, long range becomes short range)
Sound Sensors: Adds +1D to perception or search. This bonus only applies in quiet situations.
Internal Comlink: Can be linked into Slave I/Slave II's control system (with beckon call), adjusted to other standard frequencies. Also has external speaker.
Broad-Band Antenna: Can intercept and decode most communications made on standard frequencies. As a result, Boba Fett can patch into shipboard communications.
Winch: Capable of lifting 100 kilograms (Fett and his equipment only).
Sealed Enviro Suit: Filter system can block out harmful molecules, or in case of insufficient or deadly atmosphere, the suit can completely seal, drawing upon a two hour internal supply of oxygen.
Calaash
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanx for info on the armor and the site you linked me to had some helpful information as well.

That armor is a bit overpowered for a starting character but will make a great story hook if my group ever decides to actually go searching for it.

Thanx again! Much appreciated.
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that Boba Fett customized his armor quite a bit, the base stats for Mandalorian armor could be significantly lower. You could lower the stats and/or modify it in other ways and give that reason to your players when they ask why it isn't as powerful as Fett's armor.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right. I wouldn't dream of giving such a piece of armor to a beginning character, it would unbalance the game terribly. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even allow such an armor to an advanced character, it's just way too powerful. The +4D to resist damage alone would make that character unbeatable. If you're planning on letting your players get their hands on a Mandalorian Armor, I would really strongly recommend you followed Loc Taal's advice and assume that Fett's armor was a uniquely improved model.

I would suggest a "normal" Mandalorian Armor would give +3D physical, +2D energy to resist damage, tops. With no DEX penalty. Also remove about 1/3 of all that equipment. Who needs ALL those weapons, anyway?

That's still some mighty powerful armor for beginners, so you could also have them find some really beat-up armor, with further reduced protection and most of its equipment missing or broken. This way they'll still have a significant prize, but it will take them time, credits and experience to repair that armor back up to its mighty original form.
Calaash
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was wondering if the base suit armor is the same throughout the entire set, i.e. arm, legs, etc.

I would like the armor to be "mysterious" as possible throughout the adventure without giving up a full suit to a player. I would prefer my player(s) to piecemeal the armor as they go rather than discover it fully intact.

So does the armor rating just apply to a completed suit or just the body? Or does it apply also to the arms, legs, and helmet as well?

It would be nice to reward my player(s) with even a fraction of what Mandoloran armor does even if it is only an arm piece or leg piece, etc. Wouldn't want them to go adventuring for nothing.

Just a thought/question. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you again for your attention.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's a nice idea, to have you players go searching for all the pieces of the armor. If you're wearing the full armor, then you'd get the defense bonus no matter where you're hit. Now, if you want to have them wearing just some pieces of it, then you'd have to use the "hit location" rules. If the attack hits a covered body part, then it's full bonus, otherwise, no bonus. I wouldn't a give a lowered bonus to the entire body just because someone's wearing a powerful piece of leg armor.

Now be careful, you have the potential of creating quite a comic-looking bunch of character, with one member wearing a single leg armor, another just one arm, another some normal clothes with that kick-@$$ helmet. It cold veer from misteryous to comic, so just be careful.
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit location rules are the best in terms of creating a more realistic feel for the combat system.

For example, Leia's wound in the arm in Endor, both of the Skywalker boys' right hands, Obi-wan's wounds with Darth Tyrannus, etc...

It doesn't take THAT much more time either.

For additional d6 first trilogy information, I recommend the following sites:
http://www.geocities.com/thissideofyavin/starwars/sourcebks.html
http://www.rpg-domain.de/

Both are excellent d6 endeavors, but the second source is the one that I used extensively. I do not agree with everything in either book (especially the first), but what you don't like, don't use!

Good luck and welcome to the most cinematic rpg system ever devised! Very Happy
Calaash
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Max for the great links, they will be prove to be helpful as well.

Your right Gry with the thought that pieces of armor would look pretty comical when they are split up between a group of characters but I would also hope that it would help the group of characters bond a bit better when they make an "educated" decision as to who would benefit the most from wearing a full suit of such a powerful piece of equipment.

My group is pretty well schooled in the motto of "Need before greed" but there are exceptions, especially when someone thinks their character would act in a greedy fashion when it comes to something they think their character would hold out from the rest of the group.

Thank you folks for the awesome help, it's much appreciated. 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: