The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Some home grown rules for ships.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Some home grown rules for ships.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therritn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Some home grown rules for ships. Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm thinking of some new homegrown rules for light freighters and ships in general. I just need an opinion from some more seasoned gamers like myself.

Light freighters:

Characters who have light freighters as part of their starting equipment, such as smugglers, tramp freighter pilots, and traders have between 10,000 and 15,000 credits (roll 1d6 to determine total credits worth). I got this idea from the Tramp Freighter Captain in Galaxy Guide 6 which states that their ships have 10,000 credits of modifications, and also the spacer's addage that there is no such thing as a "stock" freighter. Basically, if a character buys a freighter or other ship, it's notgoing to be fresh from the factory also.

Also, the stock YT-1300 has 1D of shields. This will give it protection comparable to most starfighters.

Shield rules:

1) If a ship has a die code in it's shield stat, for example, Hull:4D Shields:1D, it means that the ship has 1D of shields in the front arc, and 1D in the aft arc (not combined as 2D!)

2) A player can angle his shields to reinforce weakened or downed shields or strengthen existing ones from front to back or vice versa using the starship shields skill as follows:
+1,+2 Very Easy
1D Easy
2D Moderate
3D Difficult
This idea I got from the movies, the Star Warriors boxed game, and the various starfighter combat PC games.

Any questions, comments, or ideas, are welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: