The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My Sunday Star Wars adventures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> My Sunday Star Wars adventures. Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: My Sunday Star Wars adventures. Reply with quote

I have officially started my Star Wars game this evening. I have a blog that I will be posting rough transcripts of my games as well as character information. I can post the link here if people want me to (and if it's not against the rules), or I can copy/paste to this thread.

Read my gaming blog at www.alteredrealities.net - click on the tabs near the top for the different pages that usually have character bios and other info.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely post it here, Darth! I look forward to reading what you've come up with!
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. I'll do a copy paste here, and I'll just put a link to my blog in my signature. If you go to the blog, the events of the most current game will show up on the main page, but for the bios you'll have to click where it says Star Wars near the top.

Can't do any of it right at the exact second as I am getting ready to head out the door. Will definitely get it done sometime tonight though.

Read my gaming blog at www.alteredrealities.net - click on the tabs near the top for the different pages that usually have character bios and other info.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it, and I think putting the link in your sig is the way to go, too (that's what I did for my game, too).
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post will have all the character bios. We are playing in the year 3 BBY, and the game will run through the Rebellion Era, and probably into the NJO era. I also have plans to create a legacy for each character that will stretch back to the Old Republic era, and actions in one era will affect things in another in various ways.

So without further adieu, here are the main players on our stage (a rough transcript of the first session will be up shortly) -

Ali’kara Mahran (Female Twi’lek, The Unlucky Gambler)

Description – Ali’kara (or Ali for short), is a 17 year-old blue skinned twi’lek who is of about average height (5’6″) with a build that suggests not only femininity but also athleticism. She has purple eyes, and her lekku are tattooed with thorny vines that wrap around the circumference. She is often seen wearing a tight-fitting black jump-suit with two blaster pistols at her hip.

Background – Ali comes from a rough home on Nar Shadda. Her mother was always being called out to dance or slave away in some gang lord’s home. That is until a human man came in and made Ali’s mother his wife. Ali took to the man immediately and had no problems calling him dad. He was a kind man, if a bit… flaky. He was hardly home, as he often transported cargo for the Hutts. Once Ali got older, he began to take her with him on his trips so that he would have some company on his long trips away. He taught Ali how to play sabaac as well as several other gambling games. She was never really good at them, but she loved playing nonetheless, and the rush of adding real money to the stakes made her blood rush even more.

Ali came back from one such trip here recently and found her mother had vanished. Her step-dad pushed for them to leave immediately, seemingly scared, and rightfully so, as Imperial Stormtroopers were sweeping the area, something usually unheard of on Nar Shadda. When they got back to their ship, her step-dad got the ship into space before the TIE Fighters attacked. He held the ship together long enough to send it into hyperspace. Once they arrived back in real space in the outer rim, the ship began to break apart. Her dad stuffed her and his beat up old astromech droid into an escape pod and told her to avoid Imperials at all costs before jettisoning her into space. She watched as the ship which contained the only father she had ever known exploded.

She has since wandered the galaxy with the droid, R5-L7, lying low when Imperials were around, but otherwise trying to get by on her guile, looks, and non-existent gambling skills. She recently heard of a rough and tumble world off the main hyperspace lanes in the outer rim called Rychel and bought a charter to the planet, thinking to avoid the Imperials.

Torr Cartlevil (Male Human, Wandering Monk)

Description – Torr is a 31 year old human with long grey hair that he keeps in a ponytail, and green eyes. He stands at around average height (5’10″) and has the build of a fighter. He wears simple shirt and pants and a monk’s robe. Other than that he only ever seems to carry a walking staff with him.

Background – Torr’s past is fairly simple with very little turmoil up until recently. He was on a ship with his parents that crashed into a planet in the Kathol Rift when he was very young. He was one of the few survivors that were left when the Aing-tii came to see the disturbance they had felt. The enigmatic aliens killed the other survivors, knowing that word of their existence could not get out, but they could not bring themselves to kill the toddler. Not only that but they felt extreme Force potential within him. So it was that one Aing-tii in particular took him as his own to raise. This Aing-tii – Kil’raj by name – taught young Torr the ways of the Force in the Aing-tii tradition, but he cautioned Torr to be careful of the corruption that came from using negative emotions ot fuel his abilities. Thought the Aing-tii did not think of the Force in terms of light or dark, they knew that others not of their species could still be corrupted even if they were using Aing-tii traditions.

After many years of training, Kil’raj took Torr to a place rich in the Force where they were attacked by an Imperial Inquisitor. Kil’raj fought the Inquisitor to a stand still befor finally succumbing to the dark Jedi. His final act was to use the Aing-tii method of folding space to send Torr elsewhere, outside of the reach of the Inquisitor. Upon arriving at his destination on Corellia, Kil’raj’s image appeared before Torr, explaining that he had foreseen these events and was now sending an image forward in time using an ability called flow walking. He explained to Torr that he must find a young twi’lek by the name of Ali’kara, that she had a destiny ahead of her other than what she thought. Kil’raj stated that he owed Ali’s mother, and that this was him discharging that debt by sending Torr to protect Ali.

Torr knew that he should follow his master’s advice, but he was filled with the need for revenge. After a few year she managed to track down the Inquisitor that killed his master on an Imperial base on Corellia (coincidentally enough) and attacked him. Torr barely escaped with his life, and in doing so managed to free a whole prison block worth of slaves as well. One of those slaves was a wookiee named Kat’Urra (means White Warrior in Shyriiwook), who decided that he owed Torr a Wookiee life-debt. They have since manage to get off the Imperial held Corellia and took charter to any outer rim planet that would be away from the Imperials. they ended up on Rychel.

Kat’Urra (Male Wookiee, Resistance Soldier)

Description – Kat’Urra is your typical 20 year old wookiee in that he is fairly tall (7′ 6″) and fairly broad and muscular in build. He has white fur with random black stripes that run vertically on his body, and dark green eyes. He wears a bandoleer of quarrels for his bowcaster, a sporting rifle, and a vibroblade.

Background – Kat’Urra was raised in an atmosphere of fear and subjugation under the rule of the Empire. His parents saw the Clone Wars and have relayed their stories to him when he was younger. He was born to the leader of his particular tribe and is considered nobility among his people. He was raised to lead the wookiees, and when he was old enough, that’s what he did. He led an underground resistance group among the wookiees, fighting against the enslavement that the Empire tried to saddle them with.

Though he fought hard, and his people were loyal, the battle was a losing one, and they lost ground each day. Eventually the lines broke, and the Imperials found their secret base. Most of the wookiees fought to the death, but some, like Kat’Urra, were unlucky enough to be knocked unconscious during the fighting and taken alive. Kat’Urra spent many years as an Imperial slave, moved around from base to base, working menial jobs and being humiliated by the Imperials in charge. That is before a human with uncanny hand to hand combat abilities managed to fight his way into and out of an Imperial base on Corellia. This human, Torr by name, freed Kat’Urra and many other slaves, and Kat’Urra knew he was honor bound to give the strange human a Wookiee life debt. He has traveled with the man ever since.

Vinthar (Male Chiss, The Noble Criminal)

Description – Vinthar is a 24 year old light grey skinned chiss that stands at slightly shorter than average for a chiss (5’9″) with an attractive but slender build. He has midnight blue hair that he keeps cut to just above his shoulders, and he has the typical red eyes of a chiss. He wears an old faded uniform of unknown origins (it is the uniform of House Nuruodo), which he wears a black leather vest over. He also wears a dark brown long leather duster and a matching wide-brimmed hat. He is never seen without his two heavy blaster pistols, one in a holster on his side, and the other at his hip.

Background – Vinthar was once a member of the Chiss Ascendancy, a member of House Nuruodo. He was taught tactics, command, and strategy from an early age. A she got older he saw the atrocities of the Empire and could not understand why the Ascendancy did not get involved. he fought with his family about aiding the people against the Empire, and he was rebuffed every time, and told to return to his studies. Eventually, he had had enough. He took his personal droid, 06-H1K, and the ship that his family had gifted him with and left to help the Alliance to Restore the Republic. It wasn’t long before his family acted and hired an assassin to kill Vinthar. They could not let the secrets of their specialized military tactics be learned by anyone else, and they knew that Vinthar would use his expertise to help the Alliance.

Vinthar learned of his mark and decided to lay low for a while. He made his way to Nar Shadda where unfortunately his hunter had a lot of sway. His ship was impounded and bought from the port authority by a Hutt. Knowing he had to find another way to avoid his assassin, he left H1K in Nar Shadda while taking a charter to Rychel where he hopes to shake his pursuer and then come back for his droid and his ship.

DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we had our first Star Wars session, and it went pretty well!

It started out with a quick opening narrative stating the nature of the current era. After that it was established that each of the characters had come to Rychel, a desert canyon world, because it was a backwater outer rim planet and they thought it would be a good place to avoid the Empire. They found out shortly that they were wrong, though the Imperial garrison here was small. All of the characters happened to be at a central marketplace (with Ali'kara making a purchase of an odd looking cube that she felt drawn to) in the only large settlement on the planet when a commotion between a human customer and a rodian blaster merchant broke out.

The rodian wasted no time in shooting the customer, but the human had friends with him, and they shot back at the rodian, whose security droid joined in on the firefight shortly after. It was this commotion that brought a squad of Stormtroopers to the area with orders to "put down the disturbance and anyone involved". In this case that was everyone in that market square including the characters!

Torr and Kat acted quickly, running over to Ali'kara (Torr had been sent by an image of his master to protect her) and telling her that they would protect her. She gave them both dubious glances before opening fire on the Stormtroopers and making a run for it. She managed to hit one, and wound him, but he was still in the fight. That's when Vinthar motioned to the newly formed group (and anyone who was nearby and wanted to follow) and said "This way, there's a place to hide not too far from here." With that he opened fire and incapacitated two Stormtroopers (including the one Ali had wounded earlier). The Stormtroopers opened fire, and made some shots towards the group (which all missed), but were otherwise firing into the unsuspecting crowd and dropping civilians left and right. As the group ran from the conflict, Ali's droid tripped Kat'Urra up a little and gave him a rude beep or two as he tried to stay caught up with the group.

The group followed Vinthar into a nearby alleyway, where he led them into what looked to be an abandoned apartment.

Ali looked around and then gave Vinthar a slightly disgusted look "Is this your place?"

Vinthar just smiled and shook his head, "No way sister, I just happen to know that quite a few of these places no longer have tenants."

Outside a loudspeaker crackled to life and a voice came over the device stating that he was the Moff of the planet and that he had to send troops to quell a terrorist action in one of the market squares. He then went on to say that several of the terrorists had managed to escape justice and refused to turn themselves in, and that it was the duty of every civilian to report the locations of such individuals if they saw them.

Ali, again questioning the situation looked around and asked "So does that include us?"

Torr spoke up and stated "Yes. Most likely."

Ali laughed "So how is anyone going to know what we look like? It's not like he gave descriptions."

"Look outside," Vinthar pointed out.

Ali did so and saw one of the large holoscreens projecting an image of several pictures, all of whom were in the marketplace during the incident, including them. She shook her head and noted, "Well, looks like we made the list. Yay."

"I suggest we stay here and hide out until things die down." Torr suggested.

"Here?" And what's to stop them from looking in a window or opening the door and seeing us?" Ali asked.

"Good thing I'm familiar with this place." Vinthar stated as he lifted up a moth-eaten rug, revealing a trapdoor, "This area has some pretty strong seismic activity form time to time, so people build reinforced basements to hide out in."

"How do you know all of this?" Ali asked, incredulously.

"Well, let's just say that the ladies around here like talking to 'ol Vinthar." Vinthar said proudly.

So the group hid out in the basement, once even hearing Stormtroopers enter the building and search overhead, but never finding the trapdoor. After a while, Vinthar decided to sneak out and check out the area. He came back down and reported that everything was clear. The group decided then and there that they needed to get off world as soon as was possible.

"So where do you think we can find a ship, or at least someone that might let us onto their ship when or if they leave?" Ali asked.

"Well there are no shipyards around here. Maybe would should ask around at the cantina?" Vinthar suggested.

"Or the diner." Kat'Urra spoke up, rubbing his stomach.

"We're not going to the diner," Torr said, "The cantina is the best place for information."

"But I'm hungry, and I get...cranky, when I'm hungry." Kat said, sounding disappointed.

"Not yet Kat," Torr insisted.

"Fine I'll go anyway," Kat said, and walking towards the cafe.
"Go ahead. And what are you going to do if a squad of off-duty Stormtroopers are in there and we're over there?" Torr asked pointedly.

"Oh. Good point." Kat said, finally giving in.

The group headed into the cantina, called the Bantha's Trough. Ali's eyes immediately lit up when she saw a devaronian with a sabaac deck in one corner.

"I think I can get us some information" Ali stated as she unzipped her jumpsuit to show a little more skin and headed towards the devaronian. "Care for a game?" she asked as she sat down at the table with the horned alien.

"For you gorgeous? Anytime. Name's Moravik," he said, "What are the stakes?"

"You can call me Ali. I want to play for information." Ali stated with confidence.

"I doubt you know anything that I would have an interest in. How about we play for your credits against my information?" Moravik asked.

"Fair enough, deal" Ali said. "So, who has a ship that might be willing to give us charter off this planet?"

After a few hands of Ali losing to the devaronian, she finally won a hand.

"Fine. None of the locals own a ship. You can check and get a charter at the spaceport. You can leave by getting in good with the Imperials and taking a supply ship out of here, or you could...take her ship." he said motioning towards a short but beautiful woman at the bar. She had on customized armor, and on the bar near her was a helmet that looked to be of old Clone Commando make. She had several weapons and explosives on her person, and it was apparent to everyone that she was a bounty hunter.

"Who is that?" Ali asked.

"Syn. She works directly for the Moff." Moravik answered as Syn nodded at the bartender, put on her helmet and left.
Ali played a few more hands before Torr convinced her to give up on the gambling since she was losing. And she outlined the ideas to the group.

"...or we could steal the bounty hunter's ship." Ali said, finishing up the list of possible options.

"Whoa! Whoa! We are not stealing a bounty hunter's ship!" Vinthar protested.

"Well let's check the spaceport then," Ali suggested. Once they arrived at the spaceport, they talked to a service droid who explained that the next charter ship would not arrive for another standard month. Feeling dejected, the group gave in to Kat's want for food and headed to the cafe to think over their remaining options.

(Second part to be up soon)

DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the character entered the diner they saw an older male twi'lek with blue skin wiping down the counters. Torr noticed a few pictures of the man that pegged him as a shock boxer. There was a younger twi'lek female with purple skin that spoke with the older man (Ali catching a part of the conversation and hearing that the girl was the older man's daughter) before heading over to take their orders. Ali happened to notice a wistful look in the twi'lek's eye as she noticed the girl's nametag which read Kiri.

"So what can I get you folks today?" Kiri asked as she came to their table.

"Five pounds of Bantha Steak!" Kat'Urra immediately roared.

"Wow, your friend must be hungry," Kiri stated in amazement.

"You have no idea." Torr said as he ordered soup and bread.

"I see you keep looking out at the cantina, what's over there that's so interesting?" Ali inquired.

"He is." she said simply as if it explained everything.

"Who?" Ali asked.

"Moravik." Kiri said.

"Isn't he a bit old for you?" Ali asked.

"No! Isn't he too old for you?" Kiri asked gesturing towards Vinthar.

"Uh...whoa! Put on the breaks there little missy...we're not..!" Vinthar protested.

"Oh no way! Never!" Ali said, giving the waitress an incredulous look.

"Hey!" Vinthar protested once again as Kiri went back to give the orders to her father.

"So what do we do?" Vinthar asked.

"We never did talk with the bartender at the cantina." Torr pointed out.

"No. We didn't." Ali said in agreement.

The group finished their meals and headed over to the cantina once again. In normal fashion they slipped the bartender some credits to keep her talking. She informed them that Syn bragged that she didn't have any heavy security measures on her ship, that her reputation kept would be thieves away. She had said once that she did have a passcode to start the ship however. When asked who might have an idea as to what that passcode was, the bartender said that if anyone would have that information it would be the bothan that ran the Starway Hotel down the road. So as we left off our first session, the group is heading towards the Starway Hotel to question the bothan owner while avoiding Imperial patrols. More to come next week!

DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving your summary, Darth! Our group started up just ahead of you (2 BBY), but after nearly two years of playing we've still done less than a year in-game. Shocked

Does the Wookiee player get to "talk normal", or do the other players understand him?
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The player of the wookiee does his best imitation of Shyriiwook (and it's not half bad) then says it normally. Both Ali and Torr understand him, Vinthar has to roll every time.

Lane Arroway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff, man!

I especially like the character descriptions. Question, why is Ali the "unlucky" gambler? I get the gambler part but unlucky? I'm also sensing she's force-sensitive. Very cool.
DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because she sucks at gambling and loses constantly. Good pick up on her being Force sensitive too Very Happy, she is indeed.

DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week's session saw them completing their current adventure. From here on out, the game is going to open up and allow the characters to drive the game forward. I have some basic plots lined up, but it will be up to the players as to what they want to do next.

So this week our heroes found themselves headed towards the Starway Hotel to question the owner, a bothan by the name of Rede Vorg. They arrive at the hotel and see that it is very extravagant. The lobby is huge with a large crystal chandelier and a fountain. Behind the counter is a short brown furred bothan, who greets them warmly.

"Welcome to the Starway Hotel friends! What can I do for you fine folks this day?" he says as they approach.

Ali walks up to the counter and smiles brightly.

"Well we were hoping we could get some...information, we were told you had." she says.

"Uh. Information? I'm sorry, all I have are hotel rooms. Can I interest you in a room? Your friends look weary." Rede says, looking confused.

"We were told you have information that might be important to us, how much can we...?" Ali asks again.

"No. Sorry, You must have the wrong person. Hey! I know, you look like you want luxury. A woman of your beauty surely could use some pampering! How about I give you a discount on the penthouse suite!" Rede counters.

Ali shrugs and gives up the chase.

"Sure. How much?" she asks.

"A hundred credits, for you and your friends, for the week. It comes with anything and everything you could possibly need or want!" Rede exclaims.

"Anything?" Ali says, hinting again.

"Except this information you seem to think I have. I'm not that kind of bothan." Rede interjects.

"Fine, fine. Here," Ali says as she slides a 100 credit chip onto the counter.

"Excellent! Now if I can take your stuff, and if you will follow me!" Rede says as he shoulders their packs and leads them into a lift that takes them to the top floor. When they arrive they see that Rede was not exaggerating. The main room has a lowered central area with two sets of steps leading down to it. It has comfortable looking sofas and lounges and a huge holovid screen complete with Holonet access, a rarity these days.
Off to one side is a tub full of hot bubbling water, and a cleaning droid nearby. A huge a balcony overlooks the rest of the city, and there are six other rooms branching off from the main room, each one a large bedroom.

Kat and Vin both sit down to enjoy the holovid while Ali goes to pick a room and Torr goes to do the same. A few hours later, Vin and Kat are almost dozing as a nature special on Kath hounds is playing on the holovid. Ali is toying with the strange cube she bought at the market, and Torr is meditating in his room. Torr hears something, a whisper of a sounds really, coming from his closet where all of his and Kat's stuff is.

Torr opens the closet door to find that a fake wall panel had been removed to reveal a hidden tunnel. A sheepish looking Rede is crouched over one of their packs with his hand in it, and Kat's bowcaster is sitting in the tunnel already.

"What are you doing?" Torr asked, eyebrow raised.

"Uh...making a few extra credits?" Rede says obsequiously.

"Bad idea." Torr says as he whistles sharply, calling everyone else's attention to the room. Everyone immediately piles in and takes stock of the situation.

"That's my bowcaster!" Kat roars angrily as he advances forward and pushes Rede aside so he can reclaim it.

"So what do we do with him?" Ali asks.

"Well there is a window..." Vin points out.

"No wait! Information yes? You wanted information? Well ask and I'll see what I can do! then we can just forget this whole thing happened! yes?" Rede begs.

"Okay. Well we're looking for the voice passcode to activate..."Ali begins.

"Syn's ship right? Yes I have a datapad with that information I believe!" Rede says, cutting Ali off.

"That'll do, yes," Ali nods.

"Wait, right here. I'll be right back with it!" Rede exclaims.

"No, no. Ali go with him, make sure he actually has what he says he does." Torr advises.

"Yeah, let's go," Ali says as she pushes the bothan into the tunnel .He leads them to a dilapidated stairwell in a portion of the building that had obviously been bricked over and forgotten. the stairway leads to a cellar that looked more like a warehouse. As they hit the bottom of the stairs and Rede opens the door into the room, Ali sees and hears an attractive female human with silver hair wearing a skimpy outfit and a name badge that marks her as the owner at the shop across the street.

"So Rede whacha find this time?" the girl asks.

"A twi'lek!" Ali says as she comes into view behind Rede.

"Oh no Rede. You got caught again?" the girl who's badge reads Zyra asks.

"Yeah. they just want some old datapad, and they'll forget the whole thing happened." he says as he begins rummaging through cabinets, shelves, and crates. He eventually finds the pad and hands it to Ali. Ali turns it on and sees that it's a schematic for Syn's ship, a heavily modified YT-2400. The schematic was obviously drawn up by Syn, with the passcode on it so that a mechanic could work on the ship. The passcode reads 'Despair to those who sin.'

With her prize in hand Ali takes another set of stairs that lead sup to the office behind the lobby area and then back up to her room. The group decides to move immediately to take the ship now, while it's still night time. They head to the spaceport and see that the private docking ring is guarded by a pair of Stormtroopers. As the group whispers among itself and discusses their options, one of the troopers calls over.

"Hey! Are you here to haul that cargo from Port 4?" his voice crackles from behind the helmet (the Stormtroopers not only failed their Perception check, but rolled a '1' on the Wild Die).

"Why. Yes, yes we are!" Ali calls back. She looks back to the group "Just roll with it."

They make their way to Port 5 where Syn's ship is located, well out of sight of the Stormtroopers. they find that the port's blast door is down. Kat smiles and walks over to the panel that controls the door and deftly punches in a code which opens the door immediately.

"Common port security code," he brags.

"So do we have anyone who can fly this thing?" Ali asks as they approach the ship.

"Sister, do you have to ask?" Vin asks with confidence.

"I can fly too." Kat offers as they board the ship through the lowered ramp. "Can I co-pilot at least? he asks as Vin takes the pilot's chair. Torr translates and Vin gestures to the seat next to him.

"Go for it!" he says as the console begins to glow red. A voice comes over the speakers.

"Please state the passcode," it says.

"Despair to those who sin." Ali calls out.

"Passcode accepted. Welcome back Syn," the computer says as the ship begins it's start up procedures.

"Alright, hang on to something. Here we go." Vin says as he deftly maneuvers the ship out of the docking ring and into the atmosphere, and eventually into space. As the ship makes its escape from the planet's gravity, the consoles begin glowing red again, locking Vin out, and hissing can be heard throughout the ship as hydraulic steam shoots from various sections.

"Whoa! Hey guys! Something's really wrong here!" Vin shouts back.

"Well figure it out!" Torr exclaims as he looks around, bewildered.

"What's with this thing?! Is it going to explode now?!" Ali asks in a panic.

A few seconds later the bottom turret ejects itself from the ship, followed by the concussion missile launchers, the extra shield regulators, and the hyperdrive attachment, leaving the ship in it's stock configuration and leaving all of the upgrades floating in space.

"That clever b****," Vin whispers to himself before calling back "Looks like there were other reasons she wasn't worried about the ship being stolen. We just lost all of the upgrades. They're just out there now, waiting to be picked up by the Imperials so she can attach them to a different ship, which will no doubt be provided by the graciousness of the Empire."

"What about a tractor beam, can't we just pull them back in?" Kat asks. Torr quickly translates.

"Tractor beam was one of the components that just launched itself into space. And...we have bigger worries!" Vin says as he takes some sensor readings as is his habit when leaving a planet. "Looks like there's a space station in orbit on the far side of the planet, and they just launched fighters. Someone man that remaining turret! Kat adjust the shield polarity! Full aft!"

The TIE fighters scream in, lasers firing their brilliant green light. The first batch sizzles across the top, near the turret that Torr is now occupying. He returns fire and grazes the closest one, and then takes a second shot and hits it square in the center, causing it to explode in a shower of sparks and flames.

The second TIE takes another couple of shots, missing entirely as Vin rolls the ship first to the left then to the right to avoid the fire. The TIE then dips under the ship, realizing that the turret is on top of the ship (yes I do use rules to simulate differences in 'height').

"Can you quit doing that?!" Torr calls over the intercom as his lunch threatens to evacuate him.

"Sure! You mind us getting hit and exploding?!" Vin calls back as he puts the ship into a steep 'dive'.

"Yes I do mind! Keep doing it!"

As the ship blasts past the remaining TIE fighter Vin points at a button near the communications console.

"Ali! Push that button!" he commands. Without thinking, she picks the button she thinks he's pointing at and pushes it. Turns out to be the right one as she sees a message that states that the TIE's communications have been jammed.

As they get even with the TIE fighter, Torr takes a couple more shots and strikes the fighter enough to cause the pilot to eject. Vin then makes the calculation to make a jump into hyperspace, the ship jerks, the stars streak, and they are off.

More to come next week!

DarthOmega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick note – in the last few minutes of the last session, they came out of hyperspace over Nar Shadda and were told that they had to wait to land. They discussed getting a new transponder and name for the ship to hide the fact that it was stolen.

Last we left our group, they were in orbit around Nar Shadda, awaiting permission to land. It was given after a few hours and after they landed Vin told them that he needed to go to a droid shop to pick up A6, his old combat medic droid. He told the rest of the group that they should do some shopping while they were there. So they did, and afterwards they met up with Vin in front of the droid shop. With him was a rather rag-tag looking droid with a dark copper chassis with dark silver limbs and a dark silver head. He looked pretty mismatched.

“So these are your new companions master?” the droid asks as the rest of the group approaches.

“Yes, A6.” Vin answers patiently.

“Then I see no reason to shoot them.” A6 says with all confidence. Vin sighs, rolls his eyes and pats the droid on the shoulder.

“That’s good A6, I’d hate to dismantle you for hurting my new friends.” Vin says, shaking his head.

“At least I could patch them up if I had made a mistake, master.” A6 states.

“Yes. Yes you could.” Vin mutters.

“Nice droid.” Ali says, “Do you have the new transponder for the ship?”

“A6, do you have that transponder we were going to use for my old ship?” Vin asks.

“Right here master” A6 confirms.

“Good. Well then I believe you guys wanted to meet with the Alliance?” Vin asks.

“Yes. Very much so.” Torr says with a ready agreement from Kat.

“Alright, let’s get back to the ship. I was told to make contact on Alderaan.” Vin says.

The group travels back to the ship, only to find it surrounded by Imperial Stormtroopers. An Imperial officer is with them. It strikes them as a bit odd because the officer is a female.

“I am Lieutenant Pelthroes of the Imperial Navy. In the name of Moff Gerador I order you to drop your weapons and surrender for questioning. ” the officer calls out.

“She means interrogation, master” A6 whispers to Vin. No one else hears it.

“I know, A6″ Vin mutters.

“What are we being brought in for?” Ali asks, as she unholsters her blasters and begins crouching slowly to put her weapons on the ground. Torr had let his staff fall to the ground already, and Kat has already dropped his vibroblade and his blaster rifle. He was fighting with the strap of his bowcaster, but hadn’t unshouldered it yet.

“Like I said, questioning.” The lieutenant answered back.

“Are we under arrest?” A6 asks as he steps forward.

“Your droids can stay here. You will come with us, and no you are not under arrest.” the lieutenant states again.

“Then die, armored human scum!” A6 yells a she draws a blaster from a compartment inside his leg and opens fire. Everyone else dives behind cover and begins firing. All except Torr who moves with sudden speed and begins to take out Stormtroopers….with his bare hands! During the fight, Lieutenant Pelthroes calmly walks away and into a side door.

The group makes quick work of the Stormtroopers with no injuries, and quickly boards the ship. As Vin pilots the ship into the atmosphere (doing some tricky maneuvering through air traffic), and into space (with even more maneuvering between skyhooks, space platforms, other ships, space stations, satellites and various space debris), he calls back for Ali to man the turret.

Four TIE fighters move in to attack, Ali clips one with laser fire, and it spins off into a space platform. A furious fire fight with the remaining TIEs staying just behind the newly minted (thanks to the new transponder) Vornskyr’s Fang ensues, that eventually sees Vin’s superior piloting abilities making short work of two of the TIEs as they careen off into various other space objects, though one managed to get a good shot in on the Fang, and Ali’s misfiring caused part of a platform to rain down on top of the ship doing some damage as they flew under it.

As the ship makes the jump to hyperspace, the final TIE Fighter, whose weapons had been damaged, peeled away. They had escaped. Again. Vin told the group that it should be 16 days or so before they reached Alderaan, so to just relax. The group did just that with both Ali and Torr doing various meditation exercises and with Ali learning from the holocron.

After the 16 days was up, the group came in to the cockpit to find Vin furiously typing away on the consoles.

“What’s wrong? I thought we were supposed to be there by now?” Torr asked.

“We were. Damned fire fight took out a portion of the astrogation array, and it looks like we drifted off course. We’re going to be another ten days.” (Vin rolled a 1 on the Wild Die when making his astrogation roll, so it added time to the trip)

“Well back to practice,” Ali stated as she took up her practice blade and headed to her room. After the extra ten days, they finally came out of hyperspace over Alderaan, looking as pristine as always. An inquiry as to the ship’s name and what business they had on Alderaan had Vin answering back that they were to pick up a shipment from House Organa and drop it off on Coruscant. The reply was for them to land with coordinates.

Those coordinates led them to land at a small private spaceport near the Organa Palace. They were then escorted to a small group of speeders and taken to the place and escorted inside to a luxurious room. They were offered refreshments and told that they could relax until the Senator could see them (this is of course before the Imperial Senate was abolished by Palpatine, being 3 BBY).

Bail Organa walks into the room, and notices Vin.

“Where have you been? I was expecting that shipment weeks ago!” Bail says. As he berates Vin for being late, he nods at the guards who shut the doors. He then pulls a device from a pocket and pushes a button on it. There was an audible sound of several objects powering down.

“There, now that we can have a private conversation, what can I do for you?” Bail asks.

“We were told you could help us get in contact with the Alliance to Restore the Republic.” Vin says as he shakes Bail’s hand.

“I can. Here, on this datapad are my personal seal used only within the Alliance. They have a base on Dantooine. Go there and present this. They will know where you are needed most.” Bail says as he looks over at Ali and goes silent. “Aayla…no it can’t be. You’re too young, but the resemblance is… Apologies. Just the mutterings of an old man, you just remind me of someone I once knew. Anyway, go there, they will appreciate the help.” with that, Bail leaves the room, and the guards escort the group back to their ship.

“Well…that was weird.” Ali says as they board the ship again.

“He was concise and to the point though. I like him,” Torr says.

Well. Off to Dantooine, home of farmers, swoop gangs and Kath hounds.” Vin says as he starts the ship up. They leave Alderaan and Vin starts up the hyperdrive (and rolls yet ANOTHER 1 on the Wild Die for astrogation…another long trip thanks to that damaged astrogation array), the stars streak and they are off to join the Rebellion.

Sidenote – All of the decisions thus far have been the players. I have no set plans outside of a few plot points that I want to cover as the game progresses, otherwise everything, from them stealing the bounty hunter’s ship to deciding to join the Alliance has been all them.

Also, yes, I used Bail Organa because I felt it would present a natural progression to allow them to join the Alliance. Notice he wasn't there for long, and he was quick to get them what they needed and get them out.

Lane Arroway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it so far. I like that you included Bail. He makes a great early rebellion cameo. I especially like Ali's possible connection to Aayla. Looking forward to the next part.

Just wondering, what's Vinthar's full name? Thrawn's full name was Mitth'raw'nuruodo.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthOmega wrote:
Sidenote – All of the decisions thus far have been the players. I have no set plans outside of a few plot points that I want to cover as the game progresses, otherwise everything, from them stealing the bounty hunter’s ship to deciding to join the Alliance has been all them.

Also, yes, I used Bail Organa because I felt it would present a natural progression to allow them to join the Alliance. Notice he wasn't there for long, and he was quick to get them what they needed and get them out.

Another excellent summary, Darth! I run my campaign very much the same way. Rather than leave things completely to the players, though, I tend to give them a bunch of plot hooks (stuff the Information Broker in their group hears and learns), and let them pick which ones they want to do.

I haven't had any of the Rebel big-wigs meet them yet (the highest so far that my PCs have met is Vanden Willard), but I like the way you introduced Bail Organa. I had our noble PC (the one who rounded up the others to join the new Rebellion) get a note informing him of the Corellian Treaty and the formation of the Alliance (from that early meeting between Organa, Mon Mothma, and Bel Iblis).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: