The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Empire Invades the Earth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Empire Invades the Earth Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: The Empire Invades the Earth Reply with quote

8) The Empire Invades the Earth e-Sourcebook is now available on the home page of The Rancor Pit website. Some time ago, I said I'd put together a collection of rules for this campaign; I invite everyone to check it out and record your comments here.

*** edit by admin - added link ***
The Empire Invades the Earth
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a quick look at it, and it seems very well done. Which one of the photo's has you in it Volar?

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs the F-14 Tomcat, which when coupled with the AIM-54 Phoenix Missile can shoot down up to six targets in excess of 184 kilometers away.

Wanted Poster
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
...Which one of the photo's has you in it Volar?

None.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. Hellcat, just for you...

F-14 "Tomcat" Interceptor
Consumables: 2,960 km
Maneuverability: 3D
Speed: 1,860 kph
Ceiling: 16,150 m
Crew: 1 pilot, 1 EWO
Crew Skill: pilot 5D, radar 4D, missiles 5D, autocannon 4D
Hull: 1D+1
Shields: none
Radar:
Search: 315 km
Lock On: 150 km
Weapons:
Six Aim-154 RH Missiles
Range: 50 / 100 / 150 km
Damage: 4D+1
20mm Autocannon
Range: .5-1 / 2 / 3 km
Damage: 4D+2
Ammo: 1 shot
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks sweet! I just might start a campaign of this some day!

One thing that's copiously lacking, however, are ground vechicles. You got the air covered nicely, but no Hummer, Tanks, Civvie Vechicles, Etc.

This has been discussed once upon a time in the old WebRPG Forums (Maybe it was with you?), and I likened the Imperial Assult to be similar to that of British Forces in Colonial Africa. Their Technology gave them lots of advantages, but, if something broke (Like a machined part), or the Horses got sick and died, they were at a disadvantage to the Natives, who were trained and experienced with Lower-Tech, but more reliable and locally replaceable equipment.

The Imperials would be the same way. A long way from resupply, with only what they have with them. Sure, some things might be produceable from Earth stocks, but you can't get Blaster Gas here (Maybe around Jupiter, but you'd need Gas Miners for that!), you can't make the high tech alloys without building the factories neccessary, droid parts are going to be neigh on impossible, Plastoid Armour Plate for Stormies can be in *VERY* short supply!

Harry Turtledove did a series where Earth was invaded by Lizard-Like Aliens during World War II, and all the problems they had dealing with the Human Race. 'Course, they were only expecting to deal with Primitive Screwheads, not a well armed and oiled military machine like the Axis and Allied forces.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:

One thing that's copiously lacking, however, are ground vechicles. You got the air covered nicely, but no Hummer, Tanks, Civvie Vechicles, Etc.

You're right! I didn't think of that. I figured the players generally don't have access to (nor the skills for) tanks; but HMMVs they could. I do have the M-1 Abrahms, M-2 Bradley, and some other military equipment worked up for the Star Wars Miniatures Battles game. I will convert them for the RPG. Consider them added to the update list. Anybody else want to see something added?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Civilian Vechicles (Sedans, Vans, Pick-Ups, Jeeps, Etc.) and Weapons (Revolvers, Shotguns, Old Military Rifles like the M1-Garand, Kar98K, or SMLE Mk. 3 or No. 4 that are used as hunting rifles now, Etc.), perhaps.

Most characters would have *EASY* access to them. And it also gives a chance to run a Civilian "Underground" game sort of thing.

I can see a bunch of Redneck Yahoos getting their hands on some old M2-HBs or M-60s and using them to turn their Pick-Ups into "Technicals" for some quick assults. Not MilSpec, but still a force to be reckoned!
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
...and Weapons (Revolvers, Shotguns, Old Military Rifles like the M1-Garand, Kar98K, or SMLE Mk. 3 or No. 4 that are used as hunting rifles now, Etc.)...And it also gives a chance to run a Civilian "Underground" game sort of thing.

Rules for determining weapons are already listed in the e-sourcebook; as is "Underground game". I refered to it as "the civilian campaign".

But civilian vehicles - those I'll have to think about...
Jace_Terrik
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Lucas??? Reply with quote

George Lucas an agent of the New Republic?

More like a traitor-defector, who sold his soul to the Emperor. Laughing
There is no chaos; there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Ryc_Andersyn
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

20mm Autocannon
Range: .5-1 / 2 / 3 km
Damage: 4D+2
Ammo: 1 shot

Why does it have only 1 shot? Kinda useless don't ya think?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

"What's funny is that you're threatening me with a holstered blaster, when I have have a blaster aimed at your head with my finger on the trigger."

Syl & Din from "A Spy Among Us"
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autocanons have a low number of shots because they have such a high rate of fire. I calulated the number of shots by taking the ammo supply and dividing by the rate of fire then rounding to the nearest six seconds.

Most autocanons have an incredibly high rate of fire - thousands of rounds per second, while most aircraft carry less than a thousand rounds of ammo. If a pilot wanted to conserve ammo, he could fire only short bursts. In the game I'd allow a pilot to double his ammo by lowering his damage by one die.

I didn't do this in the e-sourcebook because I noticed most of our missiles don't do a lot of damage against a shielded craft. I figured our guys would need one heavy hitting weapon. The autocanon qualifies, but at the expense of ammo.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:

I have finished upgrading the e-sourcebook to include a few common ground vehicles - as well as correct a few spelling errors. Expect to see the updated version shortly.
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: The Empire Invades the Earth Reply with quote

The new version has been uploaded. Get it here.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Rahl Jynco
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put this on the artwork thread, mainly cause I'm an idiot and didn't check to see if you had started it under "Adventures".

Quote:
I don't know if you guys have seen this site but its got some great Firearm stats, 9mm, .45 cal, M16 ect. It even has silencers, sniper rifles and miniguns. We used it in a similar campain, sort of a "What IF" campain we like to play once in a while to mix things up. Nothing like saying, "Hey what if?", and making a fresh new PC to thrash around. In ours we were in Hawaii at the time, making it pretty much imposible to escape after the Imperials had destroyed the airports and military bases. But, enough about our game, hope the link works for ya'll.

For some reason my work computer is refusing to go to the site so I don't know if there still up and running, If not I'll upload any of the content I have on my home computer.

I deal with temptation by giving in...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: