The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Millennium Falcon campaign update
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Millennium Falcon campaign update
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Millennium Falcon campaign update Reply with quote

Ran another session of my Millennium Falcon campaign last night, and it went great.

I think I've written about it before here a bit, but here's the quick campaign setup...

Set 10 years before A New Hope, the PCs are on the run from the empire, each accused of a crime punishable by lengthy prison time. They are helped out by a mysterious benefactor who only communicates with them via recordings, and who keeps his identity hidden. This benefactor helps them secure a junked ship called the Millennium Falcon so they can get back on their feet, and gives them some assignments so they can repay the favor.

More and more they realize that they are being manipulated by this benefactor, and on one of the messages he sends via an r2 unit he left them, they notice that he's an imperial officer. They flip out, destroy the droid and go on the run. The last mission they were going on for their benefactor (in which they discovered his Imperial ties, was the Celis Mott treasure adventure from Classic Campaigns....

So the benefactor is none other than Grand Moff Tarkin. And his goal is to get the PCs to join a small resistance group in the Karthakk sector, so they can cause the sector authorities and the Moff who is in charge there there trouble. The Moff there is working with some engineers and with Darth Vader himself on a secret project for Emperor Palpatine, and Tarkin feels that Vader's taken up too much of Palpatine's attention, and wants to reign him in. If the PCs can stir up trouble, and maybe get the Moff, the engineers, and perhaps even Vader out of the way, Palpatine will give Tarkin the attention he feels he deserves (and he can get the resources allocated to his own secret project...)

It's a way to get the PCs involved in a roundabout way with the films' plot....

If all goes according to plan, it'll show why Tarkin seemed to be in charge in ANH... and it will show why Vader is so hell bent on getting his hands on the Falcon... "That ship again!"...

So right now the PCs are on their way to meet the Karthakk Resistance, a small group who has managed to get a small victory against some imperial forces.

Last night we had a chase through some asteroids and a space combat against a light corvette. Good stuff!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some really amazing stuff, ebertran, and a great way to tie things from the films into your story!

The only Instant Adventure I've used so far is the same one ("The Treasure of Celis Mott"); if you get a chance check out the summaries of our adventures; you can read about that one (and even see a picture from it, if you scroll down) on the first page.
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Cool campaign! YOu play weekly?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebertran, I love your ideas! I may just have to yoink some of that.

I'm planning a campaign taking place in the few years leading up to ANH, centered in the Whills Nebula on the outskirts of the galaxy (where Qui-Gon Jinn had disappeared to for while during his knighthood). More details on the Prophecy of the Chosen One come to light over the course of the campaign. Towards the end of the campaign, it is believed by some that Yoda and Anakin Skywalker (who were believed to have been killed by Darth Vader during the Jedi Rebellion) have returned to destroy a Sith Order who has returned in secret. Palpatine orders Vader to abandon his galactic endeavors to personally investigate the prophecy and rumors. Something happens to Vader and he becomes severely wounded with temporary amnesia for months... This campaign will explain how Anakin knew the power to maintain his identity after death in RotJ...

Of course Vader will eventually recover in time for ANH, but while Vader was MIA, Tarkin rose in prominence and took command of the Death Star project he had been involved in. Vader returns to the Empire weakened in the Force and status. One of Vader's missions in the Nebula was actually a success without Vader knowing that Palpatine had benefited from it behind the scenes, but Vader is lead to believe he has fallen out of favor due to his failures.

Tarkin was already involved in the beginning and end of my campaign, so now I think Tarkin may have his own plots against Vader too. Now some of Tarkin's dialogue I wrote for a cut-away in the first adventure can take on a new context. Something Tarkin originally said in complete innocence could now be feigned ignorance. Anyway, the wheels are turning.

Please tell us more about your adventures! I look forward to reading about them.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The party is arriving in Magravia, the planet where the resistance group informally known as "The Freebirds" resides. They were told to go to a safehouse 40km outside of the spaceport.

The best way to identify the safehouse was by a piece of grafitti on the wall:

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/Kij/4xr/Kij4xrziq.jpeg

that should foreshadow something about these Freebirds. Smile
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebertran wrote:
Thanks.

No, we play about once a month (we alternate between a Star Wars and Star Trek campaign).
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
ebertran wrote:
Thanks.

No, we play about once a month (we alternate between a Star Wars and Star Trek campaign).

Cool. What game/system are you playing for Star Trek?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decipher's CODA system. We just finished a campaign (started by me, but the baton as head GM was given to my friend when our Star Wars game got going) set after DS9/Voyager, and it went about 5 years or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: