The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Besu'llik Fighter Stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Besu'llik Fighter Stats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denderan marajain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Besu'llik Fighter Stats Reply with quote

Does anyone have this stats for D6 Star Wars

Thx
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for something on this, but I don't see it mentioned by name in any of my files. Was it from the Legacy Era comics? I think that there was an unfinished fan project on that era and we might be able to scrounge their archives.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see what we can come up with:

Bes'uliik Starfighter

Craft: Bes’uliik-class Starfighter
Affiliation: Mandalorians
Era: Legacy (40 ABY)
Source: +Oliver Queen (original text from wookieepedia)
Type: Heavy starfighter
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 15 meters
Width: 8 meters
Height/Depth: 4 meters or less
Skill: Starfighter piloting: Bes’uliik-class
Crew: 1 (up to an additional 2 depending on configuration)
Crew Skill: Starfighter piloting 5D, starship gunnery 4D+2, starship shields 3D+1, Astrogation 3D
Cargo Capacity: 500 kilograms
Consumables: 1 week
Cost: Not available for sale
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Hyperdrive Backup: None
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 3D
Space: 9
Atmosphere: 400; 1,150 km/h
Hull: 4D+2
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 25/0D
Scan: 50/1D
Search: 75/2D
Focus: 3/4D
Weapons:
4 Blaster Cannons (fire-linked in banks of 2)
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 3D
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
Damage: 7D
2 Weapons Mounts

Game Notes: Each weapon used reduces the crew availability by one person.

The Bes'uliik was a cutting-edge starfighter created by MandalMotors after the Yuuzhan Vong War, the first prototypes of which entered service with the Mandalorians in 40 ABY, during the Second Galactic Civil War.

A Bes'uliik was originally designed for a crew of three, or two with an increased weapons/fuel loadout, although the earliest production prototypes were flown by single pilots. The fighter was designed to be versatile, capable of being everything from a planetary-attack bomber to a long-range "hunter-killer". The spaceframe measured fifteen meters long, with a wingspan of a little over half its length. The hull was a plain, clean-lined "V"-shape with a squared-off tail and a dark gray finish with high-tech baffled exhausts to enhance its stealth capabilities. The four blasters and two additional weapons mountings were all located on the underside of the fuselage. The cockpit hatch hinged at the top for entry and the bottom edges for ejection, but there were also side hatches, and on the prototype, these bore the mythosaur logo stenciled in a lighter gray color. Inside, the cockpit made use of advanced display technology, and control systems that could be activated simply by where the pilot was looking. The fighter was also able to tilt vertically on its tail section, to land and take off in a tiny area, approximately eight-by-four meters.

Late in the design process, the design was modified to add a protective layer of beskar armor, the legendary Mandalorian iron. The designers considered applying this as either as an outer skin or part of a laminated composite spaceframe. The initial prototype was completed with an ultra-thin beskar outer skin, but there was also some discussion of a heavier layer of solid hull armor. Although this would render the fighter heavier, there were also hopes that a new alliance with the Verpine engineers of the Roche Asteroid Belt would extend to a technology exchange, enabling the designers to lighten the underlying spaceframe structure to compensate,, or to improve fuel economy.

The Bes'uliik was originally designed as the Kyr'galaar, a name which seems to have meant "death-hawk" It was conceived after the Yuuzhan Vong War as a single development prototype combining all the new ideas being produced by MandalMotors designers—a necessarily economizing approach, as their energies were focused on reestablishing commercial production of existing designs. In 40 ABY, when a lode of beskar was found 100 kilometers north of Enceri, it was realized that the powerful armor could also be applied to the new fighter. This was originally hinted to Mand'alor Boba Fett by his lieutenant Goran Beviin soon after the discovery, and formally suggested by Jir Yomaget of MandalMotors when he showed Fett the new design shortly afterward. It seems to have been at around this time that the name was changed to Bes'uliik, or "iron beast", in honor of the ancient Basilisk war droids of the Mandalorians' warrior past (the name of which was Bes'uliik in the original Mando'a). Fett and Yomaget decided that, for export versions, the fighter's armor and capabilities would be significantly reduced, but half of the production run would be retained for "defense" of Mandalore and the Mandalore Sector, with the full capabilities of the prototype, and possibly with even heavier armor.

The first Bes'uliik was quickly completed and put into testing, and very soon after, four spaceworthy (and even combat-ready) prototypes were complete. At this point, these fighters were deployed as a combat flight, led by Fett in person, to destroy factories on Murkhana in a punitive raid on behalf of their Verpine allies—and also to display the new fighter's capabilities to potential buyers. The extent of Mandalorian confidence in the new fighter's abilities can be gauged by the fact that Fett gave Murkhana advance warning of exactly what they were going to target. At first Murkhana targeted the small group of ships with several squadrons of standard fighters. The defenders then realized how powerful the ships were, eventually having the entire fleet bombard the small group. Most of the shots ricocheted off harmlessly, allowing Fett and his team to easily accomplish the raid with little to no damage. Luke Skywalker piloted a Bes'uliik during the Battle of Shedu Maad in 40 ABY against Jacen Solo's personal Star Destroyer.

Several years later, several squadrons of the starfighter were contracted under the command of Mirta Gev to defend a monolith in The Rift controlled by two Columi brothers. Many of them were destroyed by Jedi.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Wed May 14, 2014 3:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
denderan marajain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much but i have few questions about the stats

1) Are the Blaster Cannons fire-linked?

2) i thought the Hyperdrive was a 0.4?

3) The Beskar Armor only gives a Hull Code of 4D+2?

4) Do you also have the stats of the Trak'ad`?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denderan marajain wrote:
1) Are the Blaster Cannons fire-linked?

Yes, I will correct the sheet.

denderan marajain wrote:
2) i thought the Hyperdrive was a 0.4?

Only one vehicle has a hyperspace modifier of less than 1 that being the Millennium Falcon. As for the 0.4 and what that comes from? I think that is just something they tossed into the fluff text.

denderan marajain wrote:
3) The Beskar Armor only gives a Hull Code of 4D+2?

The ship only has a thin layer of beskar armor. A prototype (meaning 1 or 2) were built with full beskar armor but that was some time after 40 ABY.

denderan marajain wrote:
4) Do you also have the stats of the Trak'ad`?

Nope. I cannot even find a reference to it.

[edit] Found a reference to it, you had spelled it wrong. Preliminary stat block can be found in this string
@swd6podcast, Twitter
denderan marajain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Only one vehicle has a hyperspace modifier of less than 1 that being the Millennium Falcon. As for the 0.4 and what that comes from? I think that is just something they tossed into the fluff text.

I read it in the Legacy of Force Books. i always thought that this fighter should be better than an X-Wing fighter?
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in many ways it is. It's got better speed, more potent sensors, shielding, hull, and it packs a LOT more punch.

Granted, the hyperdrive is not as fast as an X-Wing, but there isn't a reason wy it should be better in every respect, especially because it has a backup hyperdrive, something an X-Wing doesn't have. Having a super-fast hyperdrive on a starfighter doesn't entirely make sense. A multiplier of less than 1 seems a bit overpowered.

I can take a look at other starfighters of the era (I don't have my conversion docs on hand at the moment), but I wouldn't expect that a standard combat fighter would outclass even the previous generation's hyperspace speed demons.
denderan marajain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of more punch?

1D more with the Blaster Cannon but no Proton Torpedo Launcher as well
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I'd just looked at the wrong stats. I'd thought the X-Wing had 5D of firepower. But even in that case, most other fighters from the Dark Empire and Legacy era aren't packing more firepower than 6D.

I took a look at some of the other ships in this era, and I'm actually pretty impressed with how shootingwomprats just coughed up something that is right about the level as some of the conversions from SAGA in that era. This looks like a fighter with competative hull, firepower, and maeuverability. It doesn't outclass everything, but it has areas where it excels over the R-28, the X-83 Twintail, and the Phoebos, and it has areas where those others excel over it.

Though if you're using it for your own home game, shootingwomprats has given you a base off which to operate. Tweak the stats to your liking, bring them to your GM and see if they are stats the two of you can work with.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denderan marajain wrote:
1D more with the Blaster Cannon but no Proton Torpedo Launcher as well

It doesn't have proton torpedoes because the flavor text does not list the ship as having them?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though it only names the blasters specifically, it does say that it has additional weapon mounts. That combined with the statements about it's intended versatility, it suggests to me that one might add such features quite easily after production.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it does have two additional modular weapons mounts. Granted the use of each mount reduces the amount of space for crew and fuel. So if one wanted to drop say two racks of proton torpedoes there is no reason they could not.

2 Proton Torpedo Launchers (1 missile each)
Fire Arc: front
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1/3/7
Atmosphere Range: 30-100/300/700
Damage: 9D

Game Notes: the addition of the two modular racks takes up the additional storage in the ship allowing only 45kgs to be stored. The weapons are now wired so that the pilot has control of them and may be fired from the cockpit.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
denderan marajain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Shootingwomprat, cheshire

I am the GM Wink

Thanks for your time and your help
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I rarely come in this particular subforum, I never knew that someone else had come up with stats for the Bes'ullik. Mine can be found in the Legacy of the Force Sourcebook.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
Since I rarely come in this particular subforum, I never knew that someone else had come up with stats for the Bes'ullik. Mine can be found in the Legacy of the Force Sourcebook.

Yeah, like I told Treefrog today when I was editing his write-up of the Tar'kad, I only found the Tar'kad and Bes'uliik stats here on this forum entirely by accident. I was happily surprised to see that the stats were by Shootingwomprats, so I know they're quality stats. Naturally, I had to make sure that Treefrog saw them. 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: