The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Miniatures Battles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> Star Wars Miniatures Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Miniatures Battles Reply with quote

Star Wars Miniatures Battles by West End Games

The original RANCOR PIT archive
vulture811
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Star wars Miniatures Reply with quote

so its kinda related to this thread, what do you guys think of Wotc miniatures game ?
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be its own thread probably, for comparing the two. WOTC miniatures game is a 100% different animal, has nothing to do with WEG SWMB. It's like a hybrid between a CCG and a miniatures game. That being said the figures work good if you can't find the old metal ones, or if you want to run a game for which WEG never made good minis.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
This should be its own thread probably, for comparing the two. WOTC miniatures game is a 100% different animal, has nothing to do with WEG SWMB. It's like a hybrid between a CCG and a miniatures game. That being said the figures work good if you can't find the old metal ones, or if you want to run a game for which WEG never made good minis.

I've actually got a complete set of all the WOTC Star Wars Miniatures. I love the things. Its one of the few tabletop games I can get my wife to play with me. In addition to that, I've used them to play the miniatures game by WEG (As stand ins for their own miniatures) as well. But most commonly, they get used during roleplay to represent characters on the table.

Now, the game that I'm REALLY excited to try is Star Wars Armada by Fantasy Flight Games, the miniatures are beautiful, and I'm hopeful that they will release a good range of miniatures for the game. Now I just need to win the lotto so I can afford the miniatures. Wink
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have used them as stand-ins as well, on at least one occasion. I actually collected them in numbers/varieties specifically for use in WEG rules. But now I am rethinking that, might sell off my extras and just keep enough for the game they were intended for.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played the miniatures game for over a year, but I'm always using the minis for my games. In fact, I just bought a small lot of Starship minis for use in my D6 games.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Yeah I have used them as stand-ins as well, on at least one occasion. I actually collected them in numbers/varieties specifically for use in WEG rules. But now I am rethinking that, might sell off my extras and just keep enough for the game they were intended for.

Mine's actually a pretty significant investment. 10 of every common, 5 of every uncommon (Unless its one I want for something specific, or I like the model, then 10), 1 of every rare, 5 if its a non-unique. 1 of every Very Rare, four if its non-unique. Those rarities apply to specialty sets, promos, and other oddities as well. I even have two of the big AT-ATs (I'd like to add two more to my collection, but budget and availability have prevented that to date.) I've also got a large number of customs (Made for either fun, supporting characters in our games, or to represent the player's characters.)

I loved the Startship Battles minis. I've got a ton of them too. Very Happy My biggest disappointment with those was the limited number of miniatures created for that game. I'm really excited about the new Star Wars: Armada, I really hope that they make a wide range of miniatures for that one.
Yubacore
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of the metal minis (like 25 or so packages worth), still in their packages even. They're cool and all but I've painted/put together a total of 1 package, some rebel pilots. What do I use these days? Micro Machines! I use them for the RPG and the miniatures battles, although I haven't played the minis rules for a long time, I'm wondering how they've held up over time.

Has anybody tried incorporating them into the RPG?
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use them in RPGs and it worked great. If you have any Snowtroopers, Hoth Rebels, Tauntauns, Snowspeeders or AT-PT's and want to sell/trade them, PM me!
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yubacore wrote:
I have a lot of the metal minis (like 25 or so packages worth), still in their packages even. They're cool and all but I've painted/put together a total of 1 package, some rebel pilots. What do I use these days? Micro Machines! I use them for the RPG and the miniatures battles, although I haven't played the minis rules for a long time, I'm wondering how they've held up over time.

Has anybody tried incorporating them into the RPG?

I prefer 25mm figures for rpgs, but the Micro Machine Action Fleet ships work very well with them. They are a little small in scale but still look good in a hanger or docking bay scene with the 25mm minis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: