The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Your adventures, where and when do you play?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Your adventures, where and when do you play? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Your adventures, where and when do you play? Reply with quote

Yet another question from the newbie.

What era and where do you like to play in?

Since I started this thread I’ll take the first dive.
We always seem to prefer to play in our little home made section of the outer rim called the verge, at the end of ROTJ. Our collative rational seems to be that we don’t want to interfere with the cannon of the films. To use it just would not seem right to have a PC blow up the Death Star or something to that avail. The EU material we seem to have not trouble messing with because though it is considered official, it’s not considered cannon.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to frequent Tatooine and Corellia the most. Tatooine has always been my personal favorite. I always liked the "wretched hive of scum and villainy" feel of Mos Eisley, especially the cantina. Our GM created a supply shop called "Olson's Supplies" on Corellia that had docking bays and offered repair/modification services, so we used that a lot, too.

We play in the post-ROTJ era.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) Excellent question! Our campaigns usually begin with the founding of the Rebellion and play through the fall of Coruscant. Our favorite locale is the Rebel fleet (mission briefing room, bragging room..I mean the officer's lounge, and annoying supply without pissing off security, not to mention the disapproving medical droid...). We have many fleet personnel who are very well developed.

We travel to a host of small hidden Imperial bases and civilian planetary locations - but when we're done, the team usually can't return there because they're wanted as known Rebel agents. Once the team visits someplace (read destroys an Imperial operation) the ISB pours resources after them there. But when they make it back to the fleet they're safe.

Some of our characters have made the Imperial 100 list and can't travel to any core world. I see to it the Rebels are activly hunted for their "crimes against the Empire". It keeps every game on 'the edge'.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my group has played in many different places in the timeline, but almost always starts right after new hope begins Smile
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolness guys.
I know we like the verge only because of the non-interference with the established story line. But another reason is to “change up” some of the clichés, like have only desert style backwater planets, why not a jungle planet filled with predators, or a volcanic style planet?

Also we like fighting the empire, the vong just seem stupid (in our opinions). So we have remnant forces that we primarily deal with. Our slant is that due to the vastness of the empire (millions of inhabited worlds) the new republic just has not gotten to the verge sector of the galaxy and probably won’t for quite some time. Also the Moff in charge of the verge has become self sufficient (there are a number of systems to gather resources and the like) and cut off almost all ties to the rest of the galaxy so even most of the inhabitants don’t even know the empire has fallen! So now the Moff is using the same tactics that the rebellion used to topple the empire against the new republic to expand the territory and be a bastion for more imperials to flock too so they can regain control.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like urban area games, much more ummm... un-natural Razz
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, urban is still an environment!
And it is a definite change from the standard fare. Twisted Evil
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i'm running this game of Thugs on Nar Shaddaa. The urban environment can make for some kickass chases and such. The classic vehicle chase through a crowded street, or chasing some guy through a large mass of people. Alleyways, crime, all the good stuff to make for some interesting side quests Smile
Brandon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My adventures have always taken place during the Rebellion era, usually on backwater planets, the Corporate Sector, or the Unknown Regions.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Backwater planets and unknown regions" allow for exploration adventures as well as fighting. Of course, if the players discover a hidden Imperial base...
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why I like playing in the outer rim. Smile
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one word for you. I like to play during the time of the rebellion, or Old Republic, gennerally in customized planets that actually exist.
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to play characters in the Old Republic stage where the episode 2 is right now. But I still prefer over all the feeling of David vs. Goliath, with the rebellion in the stage set just before episode 4. At the point, I feel the take is the rebellion is losing, but are "due" for a little damge to be done. Also by playing just before episode 4, the Empire is at full strength, and I'm able to do really anything short of destroying Darth Vader, without 'ruining' any story that is done by official movie stories. When it comes to GMing, I prefer classic episodes 4-6. Anytime is fine by me, as it all has so many elements that can be used. And I prefer to use the main worlds, like Tatooine, Corellia, and Coruscant. There are still plenty of undiscovered planets to use or make up, that I never felt worried about ruining any official stories.
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally prefer the time around Heir to the Empire and around the time of the Jedi Knight computer games.

Not quite New Jedi Order, and still somewhat close to the later movies.
Galahad_Skywalker
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone done anything with the Old Republic era before the movies, like the Knights of the Old Republic/Tales of the Jedi era?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: