The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Finally got to game again! (Lomg)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Finally got to game again! (Lomg) Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Finally got to game again! (Lomg) Reply with quote

Well, at long last, after a far too long, imposed, hiatus, I got to game again tonight!

Star Wars at that!

The "Pilots" campaign I'm in, where my character (Johnathan Dough) is a Geneticallly Re-Designed Human to be the penultimate Fight Pilot and Black-Ops Commando. An Imperial Test, obviously.

Of course, some of us got away and want to join the Rebellion.

Well, after getting fake IDs, some minor plastic surgery, and finger prints and retnas remade up, our little group went our separate ways. I let the other two get a job on Crystal Web Station, as there were only two jobs, and kept with our regular job...

Shoveling the stuff that came out the South End of a North Bound Bantha on a Freighter full of them.

After two months of that, I finally got fed up with that, and was cursing the fact that I missed out on my chance, when an Imperial Customs inspection happened.

"No big" I figured, until they started scanning individuals. They found nothing.

And I would have gotten away with it if not for one sharp-eyed snitch of a Corporal that KNEW I was the guy they were looking for. The Imperials had found me!

Holding me under guard, he called in a more precise scanner, and a Scan Tech. So, when he, a Lieutenant, and another Navy Trooper showed up, I did what any law abiding citizen of the Empire would do.

Shouted out, "I saw this in a Holo-Vid once!", Grabbed the tech's hand, put him in a Half-Nelson, and used him as a Human Shield while I drew his own Blaster Pistol, and shot the rest of the people. Only the additional Naval Trooper got a shot off, and it hit the Tech in the knee, blowing his leg right off.

After policing their weapons (Two Carbines, and I also pitched the Pistol into the Corporals crotch so hard it STUCK in there), I ran to my quarters, grabbed my stuff, and ran towards the Airlock.

Inside was the lone guard, big fat Seargant, who was holding a thermos and it's cap. Running by, I crack him with the shoulder brace of the Carbine in my arms.

Dropping his thermos of Alphabet Soup, he drew his Pistol, whereupon I disarmed him with the butt once more, and shot him clean in the face when he went for his own Carbine.

After a quick trip to Engeneering (Where I stunned everyone), I locked the ship down to my personal control, grabbed the body of the Seargant, and opened up the Bridge, throwing it in. Then I stepped in, covering the bridge with a Carbine in both hands.

"I am now in command of this ship. Anyone that gives me a problem will *WISH* they looked like this guy!"

There were no objections.

Captured: One Guardien Customs Light Cruiser, Single-Handedly.

It's former designation was the "AA-69", but, I gave it a better name.

"The Army of One".
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t!!! Very cool, Ray! Very Happy

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now for the next part. Getting in contact with the Rebel Alliance.

Maybe I'll use my Amazing Skill in Streetwise of 2D+2?
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make up for a lack of skill... you put word out on the street that someone with that ship wants into the alliance.

But not too open... since you don't want any negative whiplash from announcing that sort of thing.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, well, except that I don't know how long I can keep the crew cowed and under my control. They're not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts...

It's one of those "If you got 'em by the balls, their minds will follow" type deals.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't you find some way to lock them up somewhere? Use only the required number for a skeleton crew at a time.

Wanted Poster
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could lock up the Gunnery Crew. The Mariens (Sorry, Navy Troopers) are already "Locked Away" on a Bantha/Nerf freighter.

But it's really frigin' hard to keep a ship running on a Skeleton Crew, and even harder when you're doing it all alone by fear. To do effectively, you need at least two people. One for the bridge, and one for engeneering.

My character is but one man.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droids my friend.

if you can get the cash, droids will be a billion times better.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Blinks* And where will I buy said droids?

I'm probably going to only be able to control the ship long enough to turn it over to the Rebel Alliance if I can find them.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most planets have a droid shop somewhere, if they're civilized, you can find them, and even if you can't find the money for em, you can always steal enough droids to man your ship.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell. I'm on a ship. In space. With no planets or other ships in sight. There's no "Droid Iz Uz" or anyplace I can steal droids.

I'm holding onto control of the enemy crew through sheer force of will and theats of violence. Any attempt to stop anywhere will see the ship stopped and boarded again, or a mutiny attempt. (It would fail. My character *IS* a Genetically Altered Human of insane combat ability!).

Now, I wouldn't mind it if the Rebels did the boarding, but I have no idea on how to contact them, or get near them to have them board me. That is the question.

I know I can't keep the ship (Unless I ask to be it's Captain by the recruiting officer, as per one of the X-Wing Novels), so I just gotta try and contact the Rebels.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I misunderstood where you were currently. Because you didn't say, until just now.

Your character may not have too much knowledge about underground organizations, but do you have any idea where the Empire IS or IS NOT?
That would be where I would start.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Rereads* Ah, sorry, my bad. Been a bit of a rush for me at the moment.

I ordered the ship to Micro-Jump after capturing it. ("And if I see any Imperial ships when we come out, you'll be the *LAST* to die, as your death will take the LONGEST!" "OK! OK!!!").

My current plan is to use the shipping data likely found in the computer systems to figure out what the second or third most likely target for the Rebel Alliance is. Hopefully, I can surrender there when they get hit.

But if you guys got other ideas. Remember, the resources I have is a captured Customs ship, with crew, and the capabilities of such. (Not likely to have access to the HoloNet, so I can't hack the Galaxy to find out info on where to go.).
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing how it's a customs ship, it may have some data in it's computer about areas of known Rebel activity. That might give you a starting point on where to contact them.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was thinking, but info like that would be too old.

The advantage of the Rebels is that it's small, fast. It's already gone from the areas where the Impies "Know" they are.

But, you're right. It'd be a start.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: