The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force Spirits (Somewhat Long)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Force Spirits (Somewhat Long)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Force Spirits (Somewhat Long) Reply with quote

In a recent campaign, an extremely powerful and force sensitive character of mine met his untimely death. My GM gave me the chance to make a new character but I refused. Instead, I did some research and decided to stay in as a Force Spirit. I converted the rules from the Power of the Jedi sourcebook and BSed the rest. So far, here is what I have.

Force Spirits (PotJ, pages 83-86)
Force spirits work the same as most characters, retaining most of the abilities and attributes they had when they were alive. Any attack that deals physical damage will not harm a Force spirit, nor can a Force spirit make direct physical attacks against living characters. Any Force powers with physical effects (ie, Alchemy, Telekinetic Kill, Injure/Kill, Accelerate Healing in Another, Telekinesis, Force Lightning, etc.) are ineffective when used by or against a Force spirit. Any damage caused by these powers is reduced to zero. Force spirits receive a +3D bonus on all Hide, Sneak, and Search rolls that they make.

Force spirits have the following abilities in addition to those they had in life:

Manifestation
Being nonphysical, Force spirits are not affected, nor can they affect, anything physical. When they do manifest, they can be seen and heard. In order to remain audible and visible, a Force spirit must succeed in an Easy Strength roll once per minute. Failure indicates that the spirit's voice and likeness fade until it manifests again.

Unlike Dark Side spirits, Force spirits cannot remain apart from the Force forever. Each time a Force spirit manifests, it must attempt a Difficult Control roll. The difficulty of this roll is modified upwards by the number of times the spirit has manifested. If this roll fails, this manifestation is the spirit's last one, and it becomes one with the Force immediately afterward. At the GM's discretion, the Force spirit may appear to a character in a Farseeing vision or as part of a dream, but it is still unable to manifest.

Force Travel
Force spirits can use the Force to instantaneously travel to any point in the galaxy, though there must be some form of Force energy there to act as a sort of "beacon." The spirit must be familiar with the destination. To use this ability, the spirit must succeed at a Willpower roll, with the difficulty based on the distance traveled.

Distance Difficulty
Same City Very Easy
Same Continent Easy
Same Planet Moderate
Same System Difficult
Same Sector Very Difficult
Same Region Heroic
Same Galaxy Heroic +5

This Willpower roll is modified by the power of the Force at the target destination.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Idea.

Lets characters take an advisor role and ease other characters into not having them around to help.

Can force spirits gain and spend character points (not just for extra dice but also to up skills/attributes)?

Can a force sensitive character with a skill like receptive telepathy communicate with a force spirit without it needing to manifest?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. I think I rather like this.
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:

Can force spirits gain and spend character points (not just for extra dice but also to up skills/attributes)?

Can a force sensitive character with a skill like receptive telepathy communicate with a force spirit without it needing to manifest?

Yes they can spend and gain character points but they have a very limited about of skills use so they usually become very strong in Knowledge skills. As for the receptive telepathy, I'm not sure. I'll have to ask my GM.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthomer09 wrote:
Yes they can spend and gain character points but they have a very limited about of skills use so they usually become very strong in Knowledge skills. As for the receptive telepathy, I'm not sure. I'll have to ask my GM.

Sounds like an interesting character to play. And if we are to believe the novels a clone body may very well 'resurrect' the character
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my game I added rules for higher level Jedi to learn to do this. They can role to become a "force spirit when they die"

This does allow that player to take an advisory role. Typically though I only let them do this breifly until a new character is created and a point in the story/game lets me add that new character in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: