The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Tool Kits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Tool Kits
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Tool Kits Reply with quote

Are there any? I've looked through my R&E book, Gundark's and Galladinium's, but I can't find anything specifically for use by people using the Repair skills...

I was thinking of stuff like a toolbelt allowing one to repair things of Speeder scale or less at no penalty, with a progressive -1D penalty for larger items. Then you'd have stuff like a toolkit, garage/workshop type space, etc.

Maybe something for exceptional tools giving one a bonus, as certain medical equipment and drugs do?

That is, if there aren't already published stats for this sort of stuff. The best I could find was a welding laser (no game stat info), a portable arc welder (just game info for damage), and uhh... that's about it.

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's probably something like that in either "Tramp Freighters" or "Platt's Smugglers Guide".
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Tool Kits Reply with quote

There may not be any tools listed with specific bonuses except when the toolkits are listed in a character's equipment list. I know I have seen things like "Starfighter Repair Tools: gives +1D bonus to all starfighter repair skills"

I know the personal computers listed in "Cracken's Rebel Field Guide" give a bonus to Computer Prog/Rep skill.

As far as garages/repair shops, you may want to check out "Hideouts and Strongholds" to see if there are bonuses for certain facilties.

I hope that helps.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platt's Smugglers Guide lists these tools:

Starship Tool Kit
Cost: 200
+1D to starship repair rolls

Power Prybar
Cost:30
Used to pry things open up to 10cm, with a Strenght of STR+1D to STR+3D

Servodriver
Cost: 50
+1 to +1D to repair rolls as decided by the GM

Hydrospanner

Power Scanner
Cost: 150

Laser Welder

Fusion Cutter
Cost: 75
Accidental exposure does 3D-6D damage

The book supplies some general info on each of these tools. If you want I can transcribe some for you.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, I'll whip something up:

Simple Repulsorlift Tools:
Cost: 100 Credits
Availability: 1
Size: Footlocker Toolchest
Capsule: These are a simple set of "easily" portable tools for working on repulsorlift vechicles. In addition to basic hand tools, it also includes some limited computer systems for diagnostics and electronic adjustments, and a few power tools. Useful for pretty much anyone to have in their parking garage. Can be used to fix other items, but are not really designed to (Increase to difficulty is at GM's Discression). Droid, Ground Vechicle, Walker, and Swoop versions also exist and cost about the same. Space Transport, Starfighter, and Capital Ship versions exist, and cost between 5 and 10 times more.

Advanced Repulsorlift Tools:
Cost: 250-1000 Credits
Availability: 2 (Sometimes F, on planets that restrict modification to Speeders)
Size: Dual-Filing Cabinet Toolchest (250 Credits) to Footlocker Toolchest (1000 Credits), and pretty much anything in between
Capsule: Advanced, and more sophisticated, tools specifically for working with Repulsorlifts. They also look a lot nicer. These are usually found in professional garages. They add +1D to all Repulsorlift Repair rolls for repairing or modifying Repulsorlifts. Droid, Ground Vechicle, Walker, and Swoop versions also exist and cost about the same. Space Transport, Starfighter, and Capital Ship versions exist, and cost between 5 and 10 times more.

Emergency Tools:
Cost: 90 Credits
Size: Toolbelt/Lunchbox Toolchest
Capsule: Simple mechanical handtools, for the person on the go. Handy to have around (Even if just in the trunk of a 'Pulsorlift), and also easily portable for the Techie on the go. Military versions exist in a combat vest, but the tools remain the same. All items are adjustable, and can do the job, but are not the best for any job. Cannot do any electronic repairs or diagnostics with these tools, but, as there are limited moving parts, these are vacuum rated. Simple jobs (Changing a repulsor coil, simple wiring in a house, etc.) can be performed at no penalty, but any task that is more difficult than Easy requires more tools to do properly.

Big Pockin' Wrench:
Cost: 15 Credits
Capsule: A really big adjustable wrench. Originally used for Industrial work and plumbing. Does STR+2 damage when used as a club. When used against stuck (Not locked, STUCK) doors and mechanical devices, it allows a relevant Repair roll at one level lower. No, noone knows why.

Space Tape:
Cost: 10 Credits/Roll
Capsule: The infamous Space Tape. Even Jedis admit that this might keep the Universe together almost as much as the Force does. It's uses are legion. (It's Duct Tape that can work in space, folks, that's it!).
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks a lot guys! Ya'll are really on it.

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This price list may help with coming up with prices for some of the equipment, weapons, and other stuff out there, though it doesn't provide stats for any of the tools it lists. A lot of the tools listed look to be one's Gry already listed.

Wanted Poster
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Nother one:

Multi-Tools:
Cost: 25-50 Credits
Size: Large Penknife to Fold-Up Pliers
Capsule: A series of small tools that fold into the handles of either a knife or a set of folding pliers. Always seem to come in handy when you have nothing else, but not quite as good as a full toolkit. They're most handy feature is that they're easily portable in the pocket or attached to a belt. The most popular feature with Spacers is the bottle opener, for obvious reasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: