The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Expanded Universe creation in ROTS Trailer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Expanded Universe creation in ROTS Trailer Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I like the crazy new fighters (Tri-Fighters I think they're called.).

But, ya, I'd like to see Z-95s and Dreadnaughts as well.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd hoped as well that they would keep the universe consistent and use some of the "old" EU ships, like Z-95, Dreadnaught, Victory Star Destroyers, and maybe AT-PTs. Oh well... a Juggernaut is cool, though...
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, well, those items were designed from concept drawings, which they're using a lot of as well.

I got weak and looked through a few of the "Universe" books, and a lot of items appear to have been designed from those drawings. Not "Exactly" from the D6 Rulebooks, but close. Very close!

Luckily, a friend of mine was in the book store to slap me and go, "NO! BAD RAY!!!", so not much was spoiled from when I see the movie on the 19th.

Then I'll go check out the book in earnest. I love Chapters. They don't mind if you read the book in-store. Even give you comfy chairs to do it in!
obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, do you guys know the movie is actually coming out on the 18th in France, Belgium and Switzerland... and, wow! it happens that I do live in Switzerland!!!!

Wait....it's 21:30 right now... that means another 2h30 to wait!!!!...!!! Laughing Shocked Wink

ok, ok. I ain't going to the premiere... didn't get lucky this time... but still, I'll see it in about 16h... after I finish work...
What a good day it's gonna be....
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I read something yesterday that said EpIII premiered Monday in England. Of course there were also premiers in NYC and LA recently (and some other major US city but I'm notsure which one) so the England premier may have only been in a few select theaters and not the actual opening day. Not scheduled to open in this country until Thursday and yet we've already had premiers so those lucky few have already seen it. Kinda funny to think that I'm probably talking in the hundreds and maybe the early thousands as a "few", but then when you figure it's soon going to be in the millions I guess that qualifies as a few in comparison.

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if they actually were originally created in the EU or what, but according the EpIII Visual Dictionary ARC troopers appear in the movie and not merely as Clone Commanders. I do know ARCs have been used heavily in the EU, but this is the first I've seen claiming their in the movie.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: