The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bored Again, so here's a Combat Airspeeder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Bored Again, so here's a Combat Airspeeder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Bored Again, so here's a Combat Airspeeder Reply with quote

Republic Militia JX-424 "Spitbolter" Combat Airspeeder:

When the Clone Wars began, the "Grand Army of the Republic" recieved the best equipment. But the Clonetroopers couldn't be everywhere. Enter the volunteer "Militias". Given cast-off equipment from the Republic's small Peacekeeping force, as well as what they could beg, borrow, or steal from munition companies and police forces, as well as what they bought with their own money, they were the second line of defence, and often used to plug holes on planets and battlefields deemed too "Unimportant" to waste Clones or Jedi on.

Their most common combat airspeeder was the "Spitbolter", a Corellian design, that had been ordered for the Republic Peacekeeper forces over a decade before the Clone Wars. A fast, high-flying atmospheric fighter that could "Turn on a Centicred" using a combination of it's adjustable jet thrust directors, fine-control repulsorlift coils, and airfoils. It's controls were kept as similar to a regular airspeeder's as possible to allow for easy training, and the other support systems are equally user-friendly. It's only true fault, aside from a lack of armour, was that it's limited sensor and communication systems were rather easy to jam. ECCM Pods were quickly developed, and this problem disappeared, when they were available.

Very few survived the Clone Wars, and during the Rebellion Era, the survivors found homes in museums the Galaxy over, showing proof that you didn't need to have been a Clone or Jedi to have been a hero of those darkening days.

Craft: Republic Militia JX-424 "Spitbolter" Combat Airspeeder
Type: Combat Speeder
Scale: Speeder
Length: 6 meters
Skill: Repulsorlift operation: airspeeder
Crew: 1
Crew Skill: Varies dramatically
Cargo Capacity: 10 kilograms
Cover: Full
Altitude Range: Ground level-300 meters
Cost: 85,000 credits (new); 40,000 (used; black market only)
ECCM Pods Cost: 5,000 credits
Maneuverability: 4D (3D on planets with no atmosphere)
Move: 350; 1,000 kmh
Body Strength: 2D
Weapons:
Quad Blaster Cannons (Fire Linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Vehicle blasters
Fire Control: 2D
Range: 50-300/800/1.5 km
Damage: 4D

Visual Reference: A British Spitfire Fighter, with a Jet Intake instead of a Prop, and it's wings chopped very short.
T-3PO
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I did the Spitbolter nearly the justice it deserves, but here is a quick model & render whilst waiting for the curry to cook:

Notice the four "Kill markings" on the lead Spitbolter's fuselage, indicating four victories against Trade Federation Droid Fighters.
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-3PO wrote:
I don't think I did the Spitbolter nearly the justice it deserves, but here is a quick model & render whilst waiting for the curry to cook:

Notice the four "Kill markings" on the lead Spitbolter's fuselage, indicating four victories against Trade Federation Droid Fighters.

That link no worky.

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
T-3PO
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urgh - my website is down. It'll be back soon. (I hope.)

"Ya hear me ship - hold together." Wink
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks more like the cooling intake off a P-51 Mustang rather than a jet intake. Perhaps instead of the prop nacelle you should have gone with the intake off a SR-71 Blackbird. You could still have used the prop nacelle, but drop it's diameter a little as the nacelle cone, or needle, in each of the Blackbird's engines has space around them to permit air to flow through.

Wanted Poster
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what a Spitfire looks like. Well, the Model Diagram at least.

Wings angle up instead of down, and you forgot the extra set of fins (Or whatever they're called) on the tail.

Guns are a bit bigger than I pictured, but, meh.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... That's about the only bad thing I can say about it. Darn fine job, thanks!!!
T-3PO
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, true true. I was rushed. (Burned the chicken as it was, but not too bad...) I'll get to work on a proper pic soon though; thanks for the tips! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: