The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kenner Mini-Rigs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Kenner Mini-Rigs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Kenner Mini-Rigs Reply with quote

Since Inquisitor 1138 brought it up, and there doesn't appear to be a dedicated topic for it, I thought I'd share my thoughts.

IMO, the Kenner Mini-Rigs are something of a mixed bag; some of them seem potentially useful, while others are marginal or just plain silly. I also don't see all of them being used in the manner in which they are officially presented. Here's a list of the ones I'm considering doing stats for, and the general direction those stats would take:
    INT-4 Interceptor - While ugly, this one would need few, if any changes. It's an airspeeder that provides a scouting and air superiority role in defense of walker units, with the added bonus of being able to store compactly so as to be carried through the shield perimeter by a walker, then launching once inside.

PDT-8 Personnel Deployment Transport - This one also works mostly unchanged, but I would broaden the description to make it a common civilian light landspeeder (Swoop-Scale) that is often carried aboard light freighters so as to provide a limited form of surface transportation. The Alliance just also happened to use them since they were commonly available.

CAP-2 Capitvator - Honestly, having a bounty hunter walker that's specifically designed to chase down and physically grab its quarry seems... overly specialized. When I look at this thing, it makes me think more of an external repair pod, where one person can perform repairs on a ship's exterior without having to get into a space suit. It has two manipulator arms (to perform repairs) and two legs that allow it to physically lock onto the hull to stabilize itself, and it's equipped with a blaster rifle for cleaning off mynocks or similar pests.

Endor Forest Ranger - As written, this is an awfully specialized vehicle for use on a single planet, which is ridiculous with a galaxy's worth of planets upon which to operate. I'm seeing this more as a fully armored patrol speeder optimized for operations in tight quarters, that just so happened to be ideally suited to operating in the close confines of the Endor forest. I haven't quite decided if I want it to be Swoop or Speeder-Scale, but having it be roughly on par with the Imperial Repulsorsled has some appeal.
Anyway, that's all I've got at the moment.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INT-4 Interceptor

The INT-4 was designed to meet a specific need for Imperial Walker Assault units. Due to walkers' ability to penetrate tactical or theater shields without "grounding out", they are commonly used for direct assaults on shielded enemy strongholds that can't be approached by repulsorlift vehicles. However, walker units are slow and ponderous, and once under the shield, they can easily be outflanked by faster repulsortanks and the like. As such, walker units needed a method of screening against such attacks, as well as defense against air attack.

The INT-4 is one of the smallest combat airspeeders ever built, and for good reason. It is specifically designed to store as compactly as possible so that it can be physically carried through the shield perimeter by an AT-AT or an HCV/w-A6 support vehicle, deploying once safely inside the shield. Its folding wings allow it to be stored inside vehicles not normally able to carry small craft, or to allow large numbers of them to be carried on a single, larger transport.

The INT-4 is faster and more maneuverable than the Rebel Alliance T-47, but is also more fragile. It is equipped with a heavy blaster cannon and a decent sensor package. Whenever possible, it is deployed en masse, much like its space-going counterpart, the TIE fighter.

INT-4-Class Scout / Intercept Airspeeder
Craft: Kuat Drive Yard's INT-4
Type: Scout / Intercept Airspeeder
Scale: Speeder (+4D)
Length: 3.1 meters
Skill: Airspeeder Operation: INT-4
Crew: 1
Crew Skill:
Sensors 4D
Vehicle Gunnery 4D
Airspeeder Operation 4D
Passengers: None
Cargo Capacity: 10 kilograms
Cover: Full
Cost:
Maneuverability: 3D+1
Move: 400; 1,150 km/h (4D+2)
Altitude Range: Ground - 40 kilometers
Body: 2D+1
Sensors:
Passive 4km/1D
Scan 6km/2D
Search 8km/3D
Focus 400m/4D
Weapons:
1 Heavy Blaster Cannon
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Vehicle Gunnery
Fire Control: 3D
Range: 100m-500m/1km/1.7km
Rate of Fire: 2D Auto-Fire
Damage: 4D

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job on the write-up and stats, but that is one silly looking vehicle. But it was designed by Kenner and meant to be a kids' toy, so it is what it is.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: