The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Embedding your creativity into already existing framework
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Embedding your creativity into already existing framework
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Embedding your creativity into already existing framework Reply with quote

For my own sake (and I know that some people want to have complete freedom), I like to have my games embedded into the already existing lore of Star Wars. As such, I like to use already named and placed locations.

That was one of the reasons that I also made the Star Wars Nav Computer (shameless plug and link), so as to show where a lot of the already names locations are. I've got some 1600+ systems in the Nav Computer, all drawn from the invaluable Essential Atlas.

All of those names also have at least some presence on Wookieepedia, even if it's just a stub. Beyond the Wookiee, there's also the Fanon wiki, which allows people to create stuff that is fan-made. Of course, there is also the d6holocron star systems wiki, which you could flesh out.

I would invite people to develop fill-in material for the already existing locations, given that we already do have a ton of names (and many more than just my 1600+ plotted locations. That gives us all something to share with eachother in an already-existing fictional framework. Hell, I'd say go and flesh out the fanon and/or d6 holocron wiki, which will give us all a way to enjoy your imaginative work.
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, wholeheartidly

There are probably hundreds of planets only glimpsed or spoken of in the SWU.

And who knows - maybe if your info is viewed by LucasArts, they'll like it and put into official material.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been poking around on the Nav Computer again, it really is an amazing job you did Mik!

I'm planning on using this for travel guidelines with an upcoming game.
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:
I agree, wholeheartidly
There are probably hundreds of planets only glimpsed or spoken of in the SWU.
And who knows - maybe if your info is viewed by LucasArts, they'll like it and put into official material.

HA! I don't think that's in the cards. I get the feeling like they don't really want too much known structure to their galaxy, because it might limit the artistic freedom of the movie makers. That's why I think SW Rebels is set on a planet that had not previously been plotted or even mentioned.

Raven Redstar wrote:
I've been poking around on the Nav Computer again, it really is an amazing job you did Mik!
I'm planning on using this for travel guidelines with an upcoming game.

Thanks! I'm glad it's getting use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: