The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

"Welcome to Star Wars D6"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> "Welcome to Star Wars D6"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theodrim
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: "Welcome to Star Wars D6" Reply with quote

Purely for fun, I thought I'd start a thread on entertaining rites of passage for new players into Star Wars d6...especially nowadays, being it's out-of-print, an "old school" RPG, and somewhat clashes with Star Wars material and canon that has been made since. Just a few I'll throw out for starters:

- Nearly (or actually) causing a TPK hotdogging in a light freighter.

- The brown-pantsing terror of going against a Star Destroyer for the first time in a starfighter-scale ship...then realizing the fun of the vehicle scale rules.

- Putting the brown pants back on when that Star Destroyer finally scores a hit, and learning those vehicle scale rules have a down side.

- Incapacitating yourself with your own lightsaber.

- That first Dark Side point that comes out of "nowhere". Typically associated with actually listening to the GM's suggestions without realizing they're supposed to be playing up the temptation of the Dark Side.

- The shame of rerolling a new character five minutes after saying "they're only Stormtroopers, what's the worst can they do?".

- Throwing a thermal detonator at a Dark Jedi with the idea they can't lightsaber deflect it (as a GM this never stops being funny).

- Jet Pack Operation. 1 on the Wild Die. Enough said.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If 2D Strength is average, why do most blasters do 4D damage?"

This is not D&D. Weapons here will kill you. Learn to dodge. If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always enjoyed a player's first 1 on the wild die mishap.

This wasn't for Star Wars exactly, but I had a character in D6 Adventures jumping between buildings. He went out a window a few stories higher than the roof he was landing on, made the difficulty for the jump, but got a 1 on the wild die. He ended up landing on the roof and going through it landing in an armchair in someone's living room in the apartment below.

The player and I just laughed out loud for a minute or so. He stood up, and dusted himself off, apologized to the person who was sitting there listening to the radio, and exited the apartment while the poor guy was gaping in awe at the huge hole in his ceiling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: