The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Name for a Gran bounty hunter?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Name for a Gran bounty hunter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robot Ron
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Name for a Gran bounty hunter? Reply with quote

I have this Gran bounty hunter that I really like, but I've been using Yee-Rees, an adaptation of "Ree-Yees" for a name. I don't really have any ideas what to name him, and it's kind of hard to develop a background without a name. Any suggestions?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think of some cool alias to give him rather than giving him his actual name for the time being, when you think of a cool name to put to the alias, use it Smile think of immediate background before long term stuff Smile, the last merc i made had a simple nickname that everyone knew him as, it wasn't until after I had played with him for a few games and got tired of the game master making fun of the fact that i had no background that i brought up his real name, where he came from and other stuff Smile
And now that i've come up with that, i can be a dick to the character i hate most Very Happy he knows who he is...
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about...
Breek Sayeesa
Rak-Vi
Deeken Meer
Greer-Naeem
Kreen Deeval

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or “Pinchie”…after Homers pet lobster. Laughing

Seriously though, perhaps you should look at an existing Gand Bounty Hunter's name.
Think along the lines of Zuckass.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems to me you are thinking along the right line.

Look at existing Gran names and look for similarities.

(I though it said Gand there for a moment). Embarassed
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... Loc has the hookup when it comes to names...

I usually end up playing either human, or near human characters.
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUMAN POWER! Laughing
Robot Ron
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have a D&D character that's a Hobgoblin and his name is Toecutter, but in Hobgoblin. I don't think there are any goblinoid words for "toe" and "cutter" that I know of, so I just wrote Toecutter on the sheet. Anyways, since most people don't speak goblinoid, they probably just call him Toecutter anyways. I suppose I could name my bounty hunter Toecutter too, but I like some of Loc's suggestions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have names that based on good books. I once had a sarkan named Pipin Took, and his friend the ridar was Gimli.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: