The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Galaxy Map
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> New Galaxy Map Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meriba
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sector maps are in the same file as 3 different layers.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where the Western Reaches are located or what sector Jakku is located?
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Anyone know where the Western Reaches are located or what sector Jakku is located?

In Legends the Western Reaches was an area in the southern galaxy west of the Rimma Trade Route to the area immediately west of the Corellian Trade Spine, from the Inner Rim through the Outer Rim. In Canon, the Western Reaches have been extended west all the way to the Unknown Regions, at least in the northern end in the (southern) Inner Rim.

I don't know the sector for Jakku, but it's in the south-western Inner Rim on the border of the Unknown Regions.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Meriba
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can open the map file as a pdf, and with Ctrl+F search any sector or planet included (as for example, Jakku). Very Happy
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely amazing. I just looked at the latest version. I'm thinking about having it printed out as a 3' x 4+' banner to hang on the wall at my Friendly Local Game Store.

I do, however, have some questions:

Would you be nervous about discussing this project with Jason Fry, the co-author of the Essential Atlas? He hangs out at the The Jedi Council forum, and particularly in this thread: The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion.

Also, do you consider the project done, or do you have an interest in filling in some of the sector for which there are more detailed maps available, such as the Elrood sector, Minos cluster, Senex/Juvex sectors, Kathol sector, and the Hapes Cluster?
Meriba
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I've made it for fans and rpg players like me Very Happy

Well, I've no problem to discuss this project with him, however, I believe that my english manage is too poor.

I don't consider the project done. I'm sure there are a lot of mistakes in the map and I would like to implement the feedback of the fans to improve it, but to do it, I need feedback...

As I said previously, the scale don't let me include some sectors. To include them I must rescale it as a whole. For now, I don't have the mood, support and motivation to do it, maybe in the future.

Now, because I've shared the original files, anyone can correct, expand and modify this map. It's all yours! Enjoy and play!
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear what you're saying. I built my Astrogation Computer several years ago now, and while there are things about it that I would change and fix, it's not a project that I have a real hankering to return to.

Regarding your English, I wouldn't be embarrassed about it. Just tell them that English is your second language (I doubt you'd be alone in this), and people will understand.
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In news about your map, Meriba, I'm having it printed on a 4'x6' canvass to hang up at my local gaming store. When it's done, I'll post some pictures of it.

Reading your admission of imperfections, I'm thinking I probably should have gone over it with more of a fine-tooth comb to look for imperfections, but... oh well, I believe it's already on its way to the printer.
Meriba
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to read this. I'll appreciate those photos. Very Happy

I'm still working on it sometimes.
Melkor
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meriba, this thing is absolutely beautiful.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not able to download these maps. Plus, there seem to be malware issues on the pages where the maps are. Is there an alternate place or way to acquire these maps? Gawds know, I could always use more updated SW Galaxy maps
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meriba wrote:
I'm glad to read this. I'll appreciate those photos. Very Happy

I'm still working on it sometimes.

I'm still working on getting that picture. Regrettably, my server got hacked, and as a result, I cannot access it. Thankfully, it's up and running, but the guy who is taking care of it is working on things that are more important to me. I wish I could post it from Facebook.

On a different note, I just noticed a slight mistake. You have the Herios sector mentioned twice. Once, where it's supposed to be, and another where the Gaulus sector is supposed to be (at the end of the Corellian Run).
Meriba
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael Hasselstein wrote:
On a different note, I just noticed a slight mistake. You have the Herios sector mentioned twice. Once, where it's supposed to be, and another where the Gaulus sector is supposed to be (at the end of the Corellian Run).

I really appreciate this, thank you. Which file do you need to print your map? Ai or pdf? I can reup the corrected file if you want.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meriba wrote:
Mikael Hasselstein wrote:

I really appreciate this, thank you. Which file do you need to print your map? Ai or pdf? I can reup the corrected file if you want.

For myself, I'd like a pdf file of the corrected map. If possible, can you provide a link to it when you reply? I'm not sure if I'll still have problems trying to go to the original link again.
Meriba
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is: SW GM map (pdf)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: