The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Verpine template
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Verpine template Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Savar wrote:
I wasn't trying to make pure diplomat, was trying to make a char that could go either way. The question is both attributes that help diplomats are maxed out.

And here is why I hate this uber species. They are designed to be uber techies not only from their special abilities but from the attribute limits as well. This is why I have nerfed and rewritten significantly verpine in my games.

I had someone try to run a maxed out Verpine by me. That was a big ol' "NOPE" from the GM. I did finally let him by with another version, but it was still munchkined pretty hard. However, it became apparent to him that the rest of the group didn't want him to fight for risk of hurting their tech, and they spent many sessions just asking him to tweak gear or stay in the engineering section of a dilapidated ship to do things like fix the gravity when the ship rolled complications.

The roleplaying factors were a form of very poetic justice. He never ran a munchkin character by me again.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember though, if someone is TOO good at their job they will have all sorts of organizations after him to work for them. Some will definitely not take NO for an answer.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One game I was in that i played a Verpine I just put one pip in each technical skill as I could. I also spent most time/cp on skills out side of technical. I had played him as that he was ignorant and didn't know it, tel a couple bad things happened. He then realized he needed to get skills to survive.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i was the DM i would have made you explain how you knew so many skills.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
If i was the DM i would have made you explain how you knew so many skills.

He did.

But starting i only had three. Was game play that i learned most.

It also caused problems as the adventures he ran gas a lot of technical problems in them, most of the players he had previously all played talkers, shooters, or pilots he had not ran with someone who thought technicaly. It was disruptive at first. Until we found a balance, one thing that was done, had a complication every time I rolled a 1, as i seemed to roll a lot of one's was funny.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH.. I thought you took all your 7 starting D, and split them into 21 skills to know under Tech..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: