The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

shard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> shard Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possibility would be Enhance Attribute, but modified so that the sword can enhance the attributes of its wielder, making them faster or stronger...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Another possibility would be Enhance Attribute, but modified so that the sword can enhance the attributes of its wielder, making them faster or stronger...

Was thinking of a power of "use another's senses" based off of receive telepathy.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghrrz-Thzzhl
DEX 0D*: Blaster +2D, Brawling Parry +4D, Dodge +3D+2, Firearms +2D, Lightsaber +4D+1, Melee Combat +3D+2, Melee Parry +3D.
KNO 5D: Alien Species, Bureaucracy, Cultures, Intimidation, Languages, Planetary Systems, Scholar: Jedi, Scholar: Sith, Willpower.
MEC 4D: Archaic Starship Piloting 7D, Space Transports 5D+2, Starship Gunnery 5D, Starship Shields 4D+1.
PER 4D: Command 6D, Investigation 6D+2, Persuasion 5D+1, Search 6D, Sneak 5D.
STR 0D*: Brawling +3D+2, Climbing/Jumping +2D.
TEC 5D: Computer Programming/Repair 7D+1, (A) Droid Engineering 7D, Droid Programming 6D+2, Droid Repair 8D+1, Lightsaber Repair/Engineering 8D.

Equipment: none.

Move: 0
Force Sensitive? Yes
Force Points: 10
Dark Side Points: 8
Character Points: 18

Size: 35 centimeters

Special Abilities:
Force Skills: Control 7D, Alter 8D, Sense 6D+1
Force Powers:
-- C: Absorb/dissipate energy, accelerate healing, burst of speed, concentration, control pain, detoxify poison, enhance attribute, rage, reduce injury, remain conscious, remove fatigue, resist stun
-- S: Combat sense, danger sense, direction sense, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, merge senses, receptive telepathy, sense Force, translation
-- A: Force Push, telekinesis
-- C+S: Farseeing, Projective telepathy
-- C+A: Accelerate another's healing, control another's disease, control another's pain, detoxify another's poison, force lightning, merge another's senses*, remove another's fatigue, return another to consciousness
-- S+A: Dim another's senses
-- C+S+A: Affect mind, control mind, enhanced coordination, telekinetic kill
Telecommunication: Shards can emit and receive eletromagnetic transmissions as a means of communication. This allows them to detect any operating technological device or droid within a 100 meters with an Easy Perception roll. Their signals can reach out to about one kilometer individually, but are enough to reach anywhere on their homeworld when the Shard is part of the group-mind. Shard transmissions can be picked up on standard comlinks and other devices turned to detect them. Shards can also affect droids equipped with restraining bolts as if they had a control wand by making a moderate Technical or droid programming roll.
-- Computer Mind: Shards have an instinctive understanding of computers and droid brains and gain +1D with the computer programming/repair and droid programming skills as well as any other skill that involves computer programming or operation such as astrogationor security (versus computerized locks and devices). Shards can interact directly with comlink-equipped computers using their telecommunication ability.

Story Factors:
Fragile: Shards have no Strength attribute dice and gain only 1D to resist damage in their natural state. A damage result that kills a Shard shatters its body into fragments. Normal medical treatment is ineffective on Shards, they must heal naturally unless they can be returned to Orax to receive treatment in the mineral hot-springs on the planet. Force abilities such as accelerate healing and transfer Force do affect Shards, as they are still living creatures.
Sessile: Shards are incapable of movements on their own. They have no natural Dexterity or Strength dice. They can learn Dexterity or Strength based skills and use them in conjuncture with a droid body, if the body is capable of performing that skill. They can only move inside a droid “vehicle” or by being carried by a droid or another creature. In their natural state, Shards also have no senses apart from their electromagnetic sense.

Notes:
Merge Another's Senses
Sense Difficulty: Moderate. Modified by proximity.
Alter Difficulty: Moderate. Modified by relationship.
Time to use: Three rounds.
Required powers: Merge Senses
Effect: This power allows a Force user to perceive things through the senses of another person. He can see through the eyes of the selected person, enjoying the benefits and restrictions of the persons sight. He can hear through the person’s ears; smell what the person smells; and physically feel whatever the person is feeling. The Force user does not control the creature. While the Force user’s senses are merged with a person's, the Force user’s body is motionless, its senses unable to function until the meld is broken. Releasing the target person requires a Moderate roll. The link with the person is also broken by the death of either the person or the Force user. If the person suffers damage or dies during a meld, the Force user suffers one-half the amount of damage.
Source: +Oliver Queen.

Background:

Personality:

Objectives:

A Quote:
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Would you just use normal Sith Sword stats?

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
crmcneill wrote:

Was thinking of a power of "use another's senses" based off of receive telepathy.

Merge Senses

Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Savar wrote:
crmcneill wrote:

Merge Senses

I like the power, but why is it based off of magnify senses and not receptive telepathy? Or am I missing something?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
I like the power, but why is it based off of magnify senses and not receptive telepathy? Or am I missing something?

Your missing something. It doesn't allow the Shard to communicate in any way with the person. The Shard can get information from the person's senses. The Force power is based off the Sense power Merge Sense.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's right, though. This power would be more appropriate with Receptive Telepathy as its prerequisite instead of Magnify Senses.

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
He's right, though. This power would be more appropriate with Receptive Telepathy as its prerequisite instead of Magnify Senses.

But its not Magnify Senses, its Merge Senses and does not allow the Shard to communicate at all. Merge Senses is a Sense power not a Control power. All the powers that allow one to use the Force on others requires Alter.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
crmcneill wrote:

But its not Magnify Senses, its Merge Senses and does not allow the Shard to communicate at all. Merge Senses is a Sense power not a Control power. All the powers that allow one to use the Force on others requires Alter.

Yes, but Merge Senses has Magnify Senses as its prerequisite. The point he is making (which I agree with) is that Receptive Telepathy would be a more appropriate prerequisite for Merge Senses than does Magnify Senses.

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Yes, but Merge Senses has Magnify Senses as its prerequisite. The point he is making (which I agree with) is that Receptive Telepathy would be a more appropriate prerequisite for Merge Senses than does Magnify Senses.

Okay I misunderstood but alas I disagree. Since its a reskin of a current power and chose to go with the rationale originally used. I myself do not see how Receptive Telepathy is a better fit. Receptive Telepathy allows you to communicate in feelings, not actual words. This power which emulates another power, but instead of animals allows it to be used on sentients. Again, you gotta sell me on this one, I just don't see it.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnify senses incress your own senses. Receptive telepathy allows you to retrieve information from anther living being. I could see both as a requirement. Receptive telepathy to get the info and magnify senses to use the info, i just don't see magnify senses alone being a good base.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are mixing up Receptive and Projective Telepathy. Receptive allows you to read others' thoughts, but not send thoughts to them. Because Merge Senses allows the Jedi to see through another's senses, that is only a hair's breadth away from sensing another's thoughts, and certainly far closer than using the Force to enhance one's own perceptions...

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I brought it up earlier...

ENHANCE ANOTHER'S ATTRIBUTE

Control Difficulty: Moderate

Alter Difficulty: Moderate. Modified by Relationship and Distance

Required Powers: Enhance Attribute

Time To Use: Varies

Effect:
    Alter Beats Difficulty By = Attribute Increase (Duration)
    0-13 = +1D (3 rounds)
    14-25 = +2D (2 rounds)
    26+ = +3D (1 round)
Description:
A Force Adept can use this power to increase a single attribute of another living being for a limited amount of time. An increased attribute can help that person jump higher, dodge quicker, see better and run faster. All skills controlled by the enhanced attribute are increased by the appropriate amount for as long as the power is in effect. An attribute increased by this power remains enhanced for the duration listed above, with duration and increase determined by how much the character's Alter skill beat the Difficulty number.

Duration can be extended through the use of character points - for every character point the Force Adept spends, the duration is increased by one combat round. The points may be spent any time before the power fades. An adept can only increase one attribute at a time. If the adept invokes the power to enhance a second attribute while the first attribute is still enhanced, then the first enhancement fades and the second receives the benefit.

Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how you did Ghrrz-Thzzhl, only thing I might have added is a specialization of Sith sword with melee combat and melee parry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: