The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Light Blaster Carbine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Light Blaster Carbine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Light Blaster Carbine Reply with quote

Model: Rebel Alliance CQW Light Carbine/Corel & DuVal BC-1
Type: Blaster Carbine
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: blaster carbine
Ammo: 100
Cost: 750 Used (power packs: 25)
Availability: 3
Range: 3-25/50/250
Damage: 4D

Using the equipment at a temporarily captured Imperial Armoury, the Rebel Alliance attempted to build as many weapons as they possibly could in a short period of time. A Verpine Tech came up with a design that could be produced more quickly than a Blaster Rifle, and use less resources allowing them to pump out almost 30% more of them. The design had less power and range, but was just as robust, used a Blaster Pistol Blaster Pack (And thus less Blaster Gas), and is a lot lighter.

The design went to Rebel Procurement for full manufacturing, but it was found that it was cheaper and easier to "Aquire" carbines from other sources than to build these themselves, and that was the only run of them.

They can be found with Rebel Alliance Officers that want something a bit better than a Pistol. The New Republic never accepted the weapon, however, and most "went home" with whoever they were issued to.

/*/ Corel /*/ (Hurrah II: 8824/9988/1138): Corel & DuVal just got the licence for these, and are starting a small production run of them for the public market with a bit more redesign. The new design will still be based on a BlasTech Blaster System, but have a decidedly less "Imperial" image. Buy now, and get Grrowa Wood Furniture!!!

/*/ KesselRunner /*/ (Nar Shadda: 4420/4588/1138): I ordered one of these first things, after a friend of mine bragged about his. It lacks stopping power, but is everything everyone says about it. And it doesn't have the problem of "Lazy Bolts" at long range that most carbines have, either! My only problem with the Corel & DuVal version is the lack of a Bayonette Lug. I have a modified Stun Baton designed to fit into one, and it comes in handy when you need to get *REAL* close.

Notes: Image based on the M1 Carbine (With some Sci-Fi bits stuck on). http://www.umd.umich.edu/mitten/arowland/Andrew%20Rowland%20Web%20Extras/assignments/WWII/PICTURES/M1%20carbine.JPG . Limited Rebel Production run is the one with the Folding Shoulder Brace, and the solid stock is the Corel & DuVal version. Rules for Blaster Gas useage is in "Rules of Engagement: The Rebel Specforce Handbook".

And, yes, this is indeed another of the "Ray's bored and wants to do some writing" specials, and is an original to me thing. Permission to use is granted, as long as I get my props!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: