The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

COMPNOR Expansion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> COMPNOR Expansion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same effect. Either causes the signal to cease which triggers detonation.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use a multilayered system. Primary mode would be manual control; a controller can detonate any collar directly assigned to it. Next would be proximity; any collar must remain within 20 meters of its assigned controller. If it travels outside 20 meters, the collar gives a warning tone, giving the prisoner time to step back into range of the controller. Finally, motion detonated; if the controller senses its wearer's death, or otherwise ceases to function, all of its linked collars go into lockdown mode. In this mode, the prisoner must remain relatively stationary, and can move no further than five meters in any direction. They must remain there until a new controller assumes command of the collar.

Short version, even if the prisoner kills the handler, or cuts the controller off the handler's arm, it gains him nothing, apart from making him sit and wait for a new controller to arrive, at which point, he will likely be used to set another example.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one...

Reclamation
A joint project of Rehabilitation and the ISB's Interrogation Branch, Reclamation Branch is one of the more sinister and horrific Imperial programs in existence. As part of pre-interrogation processing, prisoners are subjected to an intensive medical examination to determine their ability to survive the interrogation. This examination also screens for likely candidates for Reclamation.

Once Interrogation is finished with its subjects, the previously flagged candidates are delivered to Reclamation, which subjects them to personality erasure and reprogramming, leaving them with little more than the ability to follow simple commands. They are also fitted with injection harnesses that deliver combat enhancing drugs directly to their circulatory systems. The resulting creature is much faster and stronger, impervious to pain, and absolutely fearless. It will attack any other living being on sight, ignoring only beings specifically identified as friendly by its handlers.

Reclamation focuses on more robust specimens for its berserkers; smaller creatures are enhanced primarily for speed and equipped with explosive vests for use as suicide bombers. There are also experimental lines which lack combat programming, and are instead cybernetically enhanced to act as assistants and servants.

Reclamation units are used to augment both Assault and Rehabilitation units, as well as the ISB's Enforcement Branch, serving primarily as shock and terror units, as well as spearhead units for breaching enemy lines and assaulting heavily defended positions.

Note: The basis for this idea is a combination of the Servitors, Arco-Flagellants and Human Bombs of Warhammer 40K.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. You could even make it that those who survive are turffed out, but are now addicted to those treatments, they will willingly work for the Compnor forces, just to keep getting the drug.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like juicers
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or reapers from the 100 show.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Sweet. You could even make it that those who survive are turffed out, but are now addicted to those treatments, they will willingly work for the Compnor forces, just to keep getting the drug.

These aren't really beings anymore. They used to be, but their personalities have been wiped and replaced with just enough to follow instructions. There is no free will left. As if that weren't enough, they are committed to what amounts to kamikaze attacks, and survival rate is astronomically low (I'd say that survival rate drops to 0% by six months).

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
Sounds like juicers

Superficially, yes, in the sense that they are equipped with something similar as far as the harness. That's where the similarities end, because Rifts Juicers generally choose the process. This is part of a process that is forced on its subjects.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as much as I love hearing about all the other things my idea is like, I'd prefer to discuss the details of the idea itself...

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a q.. What damage would these neck collars deal out? You want it high enough, even tough alien races need to worry, such as Barbels, wookies and such.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
As a q.. What damage would these neck collars deal out? You want it high enough, even tough alien races need to worry, such as Barbels, wookies and such.

<shrug> Whatever it needs to do, I guess. I'd probably just rule that it is an automatic no-roll death with no soak allowed. Only way to stop it is to somehow get the collar off.

Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

<shrug> Whatever it needs to do, I guess. I'd probably just rule that it is an automatic no-roll death with no soak allowed. Only way to stop it is to somehow get the collar off.

Why would they use aliens?

In that case yes auto death.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
Why would they use aliens?

It's the Empire. They are actually more likely to treat non-humans like this than they are humans.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contingency
The most recent addition to CompForce, Contingency is also a misnomer that disguises the branch's true purpose. Officially, Contingency is an analysis and planning department intended to predict future military needs for CompForce units. In reality, Contingency is COMPForce's military covert operations branch.
The origins of Contingency can be traced to the Imperial Army's Special Missions units. Originally intended to provide special operations support to regular Army units, Special Missions often found themselves pressed into Political Gains Missions. Essentially, Special Missions units were ordered to commit terrorist attacks on ostensibly neutral worlds, providing an excuse for the Empire to intervene militarily and impose martial law.
However, several of these operations were blown by disillusioned Special Missions personnel, who resented being ordered to serve as the very terrorists and rebels many of them had signed up to oppose in the first place. A psychological survey of Special Missions personnel followed, revealing that, while said personnel were otherwise loyal to the Empire, many of them felt a deep ambivalence regarding the PGMs. As such, Imperial High Command felt that an alternative solution was needed.
CompForce had long considered forming their special forces units to perform covert operations without having to depend on Army Special Missions or the Imperial Storm Commandos, and the unquestioning loyalty of CompForce recruits indicated a better fit to the PGMs, as well. The project met with Imperial approval, and Contingency was born.
Composed of a mix of volunteers from Special Missions and elite troopers from CompForce Assault Branch, Contingency is composed along the same organizational lines as Special Missions. In addition to providing Assault units with special operations support (which the regular Army is often loath to provide to COMPNOR units), Contingency also operates in conjunction with Redesign Branch and the ISB's Enforcement division, reducing the ISB's dependence on outside muscle.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was doing some reading on the SS of Nazi Germany, and was struck by the similarities to COMPNOR. I have nothing concrete at the moment, but considering the SS were responsible for the concentration camps and medical experimentation, as well as scientific and archaeological exploration (ala Raiders of the Lost Ark) to verify Aryan superiority, there are a lot of possibilities here. To be continued...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: