The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Shrinkwrap on WEG SW adventure modules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Shrinkwrap on WEG SW adventure modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HandsomeHutt
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Shrinkwrap on WEG SW adventure modules Reply with quote

Hi. I just received a copy of Game Chambers of Questal that I bought on EBay and it looks like it still has the shrinkwrap on it, but I don't know what the quality of original shrinkwrap was back in the day. It is tight to the edges with seams on the back cover about a half inch in on the top, open, and bottom sides. The plastic is quite thin. However, there are little bend marks on the front and back at the spine. Which suggests that someone re-shrinkwrapped this at some point. I certainly didn't pay original shrinkwrap. 25 year old module price for this...
Did I just buy a book I can't read without ruining its collectibility?
HandsomeHutt
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more likely been re-shrinkwrapped, which some sellers probably do to keep people from thumbing through it on their store shelf (or removing portions from it or damaging it).

I've got that adventure, and I don't think it's exceptionally collectible or anything. If you want to read through it, I'd recommend opening it.
HandsomeHutt
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord knows I don't need to start collecting shrinkwrap SW stuff so if it was reshrinked that is a good thing and I'll open it. I wasn't under any illusions as to the quality of that module when I bought it but if it was original shrinkwrap I would have kept it as such.
Thanks
HH
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember pronounced seams as you describe on the shrinkwrap, but they could have been there. But I think a bigger clue is, it is extremely unlikely that any of those modules' original shrinkwrap would still be intact without at least the corners peaking out. I think it was also likely reshrinkwrapped.

But more important than that, what good does a collectible do sitting around collecting dust. If you don't have another copy of that, then I feel you should rip open that wrapper and read/use the book! This game is meant to be played. I put all of my paperback game books in plastic bags with boards, so they are protected, but still accessible.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
HandsomeHutt
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I opened it and read it. It actually seems to have a dungeon in it, but reads like it would be fun to run - quite a bit of the scum of the Galaxy vibe that I like about SW.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a favorite module. Works even better if you seed in Tyree to a character's backstory several adventures before.

Hard core OT, all the way!
HandsomeHutt
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is true for all prepackaged modules. The shock to your willingness to suspend disbelief when your GM opens up a new module and suggests that you risk a favorite character's existence to help an old friend/ famous Rebel hero/ etc who's name you just heard for the first time...
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've introduced Tiree a number of times in my campaign so that my heroes will actually care when he's missing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: