The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Auto Blasters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Auto Blasters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Auto Blasters Reply with quote

One of the weapons of the B-wing are the two "auto blasters". The B-wing is a heavy assault starfighter. These weapons seem a bit under powered with damage 3d but have a longer max range(40). I understand these weapons are probably for dealing with starfighters rather than capital ships. Is there some special rule for auto blasters that allow autofire? I imagine these are similar weapons to the ones Jango Fett used to blast away at Obi-wan.
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a bit of contention about rules for "auto fire" weapons and the like lately. I'm not sure what to say about something like this.

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadinium's Fantastic Technology talks about a repeating blaster, the BI/a15 Picket Gun. In the writeup it is described as an automated auto-blaster and it's stats give it a fire rate of 5, which allows it to fire five shots in a round. Now since it is automated, it doesn't need anyone to fire it. But the thing that makes me think this might be of some help is that it is described as an auto-blaster and it has that aforementioned rate of fire in a single round. So my guess is that an auto-blaster is kinda like a fully auto-matic weapon, you pull the trigger once and you unleash a higher velocity of shots.

Wanted Poster
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my write-up for Autoblasters when I whipped up my O-Wing Starfighter.

"Heavy Autoblaster
Skill: Starship Gunnery: Laser Cannon
Fire Control: 1D
Space Range: 1-8/25/40
Atmosphere: 100-800/2.5/4 km
Damage: 3D
Note: Fires five "Shots" every time the trigger is pulled. For every point over the base minimum to hit the target, another shot hits the craft, doing further full damage to it. You cannot "Call Shots" with an Autoblaster (See Pirates and Privateers)."

It's basically like the Machine Guns they had on Bombers in World War II. Rate of fire over weight of fire.

It's unofficial, but it's a suggestion at the very least.
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that's one of the best write-ups I've seen yet. Have you played it much? I bet this weapon would just butcher TIEs. With the extended range it also gives you a chance to take them out before they can fire on you. Wink
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Ray that reminds me of the way Deadlands handles firing "bursts".

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've played it with Repeating Blasters (Which use the same rules), and have no complaints. Gives us machine guns, so we're all happy.

And, yes, we did adapt it from Deadlands (Which I run). We also included the "Stray Shot" rules from it, too.

The main reason that it's so "Easy" to hit additional shots is two-fold. First off, Blasters fire Tracers, period. Secondly, no recoil, so you can just watch the shots go into the mark, then then compensate furthur.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: