The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

telekinetic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> telekinetic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: telekinetic Reply with quote

If I was thinking about making a telekinetic would it be unreasonable to use 1 attribute point to get the first D and the advance as a normal skill? Sorta like a darthmar witch spell?

Or

Just give him alter with telekinesis? Just that he had no teacher?

Regardless he would have had no teacher, just a weird ability.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: telekinetic Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
If I was thinking about making a telekinetic would it be unreasonable to use 1 attribute point to get the first D and the advance as a normal skill? Sorta like a darthmar witch spell?

Or

You mean a character that has the ability to use telekinesis without being Force-sensitive or using the Force per se? Im my SWU that ability is not possible without using the Force, so I personally wouldn't allow that.

But it's your game. If you're doing that I would suggest just following the Force rules (like you said get the power through having Alter). The background of the PC having no teacher is just fluff so make no difference to how it operates after play begins, so he didn't have to have had a teacher to get it. Invent whatever explanation works for you (alien special ability or whatever). But I would use the normal rules for advancement, so if the basis of the power doesn't include higher-skilled teachers training, then the PC should have the no-teacher rules for (self) advancement.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it before, making a race that the Empire 'interdicted' cause they were naturally talented in TK and telepathy (both receptive and projective). After a while he just orbital night cloaked the planet to kill everyone off. The rebellion found out and sent the PCs in to try and stop it somehow..

They wouldn't ping on force detection powers, those 'jeweled paddles' or any other means to tell if someone was force using or not, but had force like powers.

If you do go that route, put it like the Dathomir witches are, where each power is its own attribute/skill.
Sort of Filltz. 15d else wise in attributes, 3d starting spec powers. 1d for TK (boosted to 3d with skill dice) and 1d in both receptive and projective telepathy (boosted to 2d).
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had created a race with a similar concept, though not Telekinesis.

I had a rare being in one of my campaigns. His race was naturally Telepathic. This was not the result of force use, but mental development. Depending on the the individual member of the species, their powers would range from Receptive and Projective Telepathy through Empathy, and even things like affect mind and mind control. Though this was long before the switch by WEG to the 3 system book, what I had done was created a Power called Psionics that required an attribute die to have, and then each ability took separate skill dice to buy at base level and 2D per additional level in it (cost twice as much to advance, as do the 3 force powers).

For Example, an alien that had the following:
Psionic 1D
Receptive Telepathy 2D
Projective Telepathy 2D
Empathy 1D
Would spend 1 Attribute Die and all 7D of their starting Skill Dice (1D to buy each ability up to the Psionic Level, and 2D per level beyond that).

This is very similar to how the newer system books ended up handling it.

I allowed force users to use appropriate force powers or abilities to resist these effects, and a force user could theoretically detect a powerful mind, but would net sense any disturbance in the force or such, as these were not force abilities.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: telekinetic Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Savar wrote:

Or

You mean a character that has the ability to use telekinesis without being Force-sensitive or using the Force per se? Im my SWU that ability is not possible without using the Force, so I personally wouldn't allow that.

But it's your game. If you're doing that I would suggest just following the Force rules (like you said get the power through having Alter). The background of the PC having no teacher is just fluff so make no difference to how it operates after play begins, so he didn't have to have had a teacher to get it. Invent whatever explanation works for you (alien special ability or whatever). But I would use the normal rules for advancement, so if the basis of the power doesn't include higher-skilled teachers training, then the PC should have the no-teacher rules for (self) advancement.

Sorry Was not clear about force sensitivity. The char would have to be force sensitive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: